Whooow!!!!

craigix posted on Aug 7 2006 at 04:16 PM said:
If they don't state the speed assume it is the slowest they can make (thus the cheap prices). I'd not be suprised if they are under 50x (compared to 150x on a decent card). So it is likely that they won't play movies very well.

Lol, they don't mark speeds on any of the cards they sell in Wal-Mart. I bought the first 512mb SD card that they priced under $40 (Low Prices Always, HA) because I didn't really want to wait for shipping. Speed wasn't marked on that, and it plays movies just fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
craigix posted on Aug 7 2006 at 09:16 PM said:
If they don't state the speed assume it is the slowest they can make (thus the cheap prices). I'd not be suprised if they are under 50x (compared to 150x on a decent card). So it is likely that they won't play movies very well.
Exactly - that's what I found.
Unfortunately it's difficult to figure out the speed if they don't tell you (until you've bought it) as so many SDs are rebadged others (same with CFs we use at work).

Kev

just got mine delivered yesterday, they say made by KeyMem 133X so definatly no 50 speeds' they work fine for vid and emulation :)

Has anyone else bought the 7dayshop card? Does it work well with the GP2x? How's the speed?

I have to break in my new credit card, but I don't want to buy it if it's pants.

Opinions?

TheFr00n posted on Aug 14 2006 at 03:01 PM said:
Has anyone else bought the 7dayshop card? Does it work well with the GP2x? How's the speed?

I have to break in my new credit card, but I don't want to buy it if it's pants.

Opinions?
"just got mine delivered yesterday, they say made by KeyMem 133X so definatly no 50 speeds' they work fine for vid and emulation :)"

Regarding the Kingmax ones from Dabs, the customer reviews seem to say they are actually 150x. Will let you know when mine arrives.

Back