Why emulators?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talyz

Website
Visit site
Why all these emulators for Snes and GBA? None of them doesn't work cause the Gp32 isn't powerfull
enought to emulate those consoles!
The highest you can get is Mega Drive (20fps), but there's no good emulators for it... :unsure:

wtf are you talking about?
Snes is near fullspeed and the GBA Emu is a GB/C emulator, with a special feature GBA support (only slow.)
Genesis runs also very well, rlyeh released a beta for 24 hours (on his site)
If you missed it, register at the mailing list or wait for the full version

Atari ST, Atari 800, CBM64, CBM Plus 4, PC Engine, Gameboy, Game Boy Colour, NES all fully playable with good speed and sound.

Snes and MegaDrive (Genesis) are still in development but OpenSnes is running near full speed with no sound as is FGne32.

Download Castaway and some disk images and prepare to be blown away.

Why all these emulators for Snes and GBA? None of them doesn't work cause the Gp32 isn't powerfull
enought to emulate those consoles!
The highest you can get is Mega Drive (20fps), but there's no good emulators for it... :unsure:
Actually the GP32 is powerful enough to emulate these, it's just coding programs efficiently*SP* enough to be used on the GP32, most of the programming is trying to use GP32 hardware to run the game
We just not have the time, nor prolly money, for the programmers to not code in their free time, in which most of the emulation world's coders do, they do it in their free time :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Not quite full speed on some games, but an excellent emulator nonetheless. Just a shame Toejam and Earl freezes on intro, and Thunderforce IV freezes on pickup. :'(

The NES emu I have has no sound, the SNES Emu has sound but even when clocked runs a bit slow, the GenEmu I have runs but has no options and no sound, I had a GBA Emu but it woudnt play any GBA games or GB games. I have the best SNES emu but are thier any other great GenEmus or NES emus?

The NES emu I have has no sound, the SNES Emu has sound but even when clocked runs a bit slow, the GenEmu I have runs but has no options and no sound, I had a GBA Emu but it woudnt play any GBA games or GB games. I have the best SNES emu but are thier any other great GenEmus or NES emus?
get LittleJohn for NES emulation.
as for GB, get fGB or Visualboy Advance.
Its too late now, so wait for a public version of fGen for Genesis emulation.

Thanks, the littlejohn one works perfectly but the Fgp32 keeps freezing while its doing a scan for files

Which emulator are you running it on?

What roms are you trying?

What options have you got it set to?

Mario World and Zelda play perfectly on OpenSNES9x with frame skip 1 with sound off at 133mhz for me...

Depending on the game, the emulation runs fullspeed with frameskip 2-4 with sound at 166MHz.

And you can tweak settings on the games to make them run even faster.

Which games did you try?

Talyz sounds for me like a 14yo boy who has lost his candy.
Hmm, I'm impressed... I'm actually a 14yo boy, but I haven't lost any candy, I just hadn't found OpenSnes9xGP and fGen32. By the way, the one accusing anyone of being silly is even more silly, Trashheads (Vimcas and Trooper)...

Talyz posted on Mar 6 2004 at 03:54 PM said:
By the way, the one accusing anyone of being silly is even more silly, Trashheads (Vimcas and Trooper)...
He reeeally knows how to insult people!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back