Why Isn't Mweston A Guru Yet?

Pickle said:
x68000 said:
Pickle said:
x68000 said:
MWestons contribution certainly warrants guru status, more so than most of the other gurus combined when you consider the size of the task he has undertook.
Id be careful saying something like that there's more going on behind the scenes with people working on Pandora than is seen though the forums.

I'm not sure why you seem to think i should be so 'careful?'

I'm sure the gurus are all big enough boys to understand what i mean without detracting from what they have done for this community.

What is it with the bloody PC sensitive brigade!! Some people just need to grow a pair.

Im not refering to other "Gurus" but other people that are doing monumental things for Pandora, you just dont know because they arnt as vocal as MWeston/Squidge. Your original statement sounds like you thing Mweston is the only person running the project.
Pandora has to run linux of some kind, Mweston isnt building it up. Pandora would kind of be worthless without any software to run it, dont you think?

And your statement right here sounds like you think that what MWeston has done is close to insignificant, and that you think that MWeston and Squidge are hogging all the credit.

See what happens when you try to read too much into people's posts? You might want to tone it down a little yourself, and refrain from giving advice until you can follow the same advice.

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
God Ginrai said:
And your statement right here sounds like you think that what MWeston has done is close to insignificant, and that you think that MWeston and Squidge are hogging all the credit.

See what happens when you try to read too much into people's posts? You might want to tone it down a little yourself, and refrain from giving advice until you can follow the same advice.

-God Ginrai
In the end who ever the main players are that bring us this product and it lives up to the expectations deserve what ever recognition we can give them. Thats the only thing I was trying to bring into the conversation.
Im not at all minimizing what MWeston has done, I think what we have seen he is very involved in the hw design and leading the team.

Pickle said:
God Ginrai said:

-God Ginrai
In the end who ever the main players are that bring us this product and it lives up to the expectations deserve what ever recognition we can give them. Thats the only thing I was trying to bring into the conversation.
Im not at all minimizing what MWeston has done, I think what we have seen he is very involved in the hw design and leading the team.

I know that you didn't mean to. My point was, that x68000 didn't mean to either, and that if you try to read too deep into people's posts, you'll just find shit they didn't mean.

-God Ginrai

Oh well, maybe he deserves the guru status even though the Pandora isn't released yet. I guess it is still possible to demote and ban him for life when the Pandora isn't ready for the public in July :)

MWeston is now a Certified ;) GP32X Guru!!

Thanks MWeston for all the work you have done so far in the Pandora's development and, especially, for regularly posting on these boards!!! It's wonderful knowing that the developers are involved directly with the community by both getting and giving feedback.

Back