Wifi not connecting (Fixed)

Bigun

Website
www.pwnedclips.com
I've done a bit of research on Wifi not working and the one universal fix suggested was to remove the battery for 30 minutes and reboot. I've tried this and it didn't seem to work for me. So here are the facts:

1: Wifi was working when the unit was received.

2: When this issue began, the following symptoms came up:

--a: The Wifi is taking much, much longer to recognize access points

--b: None of the AP's I have setup for auto-connections are auto-connecting

--c: When I issue a command via GUI to connect to an AP, it doesn't seem to do anything

--d: The icon that normally goes to the animated state when an IP is being acquired, never gets animated

--e: The actual issue itself: The Wifi can see AP's, but will not connect to any of them

3: I've tried the following to fix this issue

--a: Remove battery for 30 minutes

--b: Re-applied Hotfix 5

--c: Full reflash link <-- this seemed to fix it

What troubleshooting steps are next and what information is needed from me?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reflashing resets NAND (EDIT: I mean, you downloaded the full firmware image, right?)

it smells a hardware flaw, but maybe you could try notaz beta driver

Wow, a full re-flash fixed it. Not only that, but now the icons are showing up, they never did before.

I'm wondering if a full reflash would be better than just upgrading with a hotfix.

At any rate, the only thing I can think of that MAY have caused this was me trying to get the VPN to work. Beyond that I have no clue why it would have. If it happens again soon, I may get ahold of the OP team and see if it may be a hardware problem. Thanks for the help!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm wondering if a full reflash would be better than just upgrading with a hotfix.

It depends on what you're trying to do. A reflash will wipe a lot of settings (think reformatting your computer and reinstalling your OS), whereas the HotFixes will not (more like downloading updates from the 'net).

It depends on what you're trying to do. A reflash will wipe a lot of settings (think reformatting your computer and reinstalling your OS), whereas the HotFixes will not (more like downloading updates from the 'net).

By that logic, anytime a hotfix comes out a full re-flash would be better then. Any system that is upgraded seems to loose some stability and functionality most of the time.

Back