Wifi Stopped Working After Update

TylerAW

I updated to the latest alpha and now it tries to connect to any wifi signal and after a while it times out and tells me it disconnected from the signal.

Well are whatever fixes you are talking about (Would of been nice to post them here) included in Alpha 3? I'm not used to this many updates happening so quickly as I'm sure nobody on these forums are so I did not think to check.

Well are whatever fixes you are talking about (Would of been nice to post them here) included in Alpha 3? I'm not used to this many updates happening so quickly as I'm sure nobody on these forums are so I did not think to check.

Just to be clear, most of the releases for HF6 have been beta -- they're testing and flushing out problems with these quick releases.

If you're looking for stability, I'd say wait until the final release of HF6. That's what I'm doing.

I really don't think mcobit or ED were trying to be rude there TylerAW, they were just suggesting you re-read the thread you got Alpha6a3 from and applied notaz fix, that was added to that thread when it became apparent that it was required. Its an easy download and single terminal command to install it and then the wifi will work fine again.

HF6a3 seems very stable for any HF, let alone an Alpha/beta one, so hopefully when the new items are added in it will remain so and quickly be a full HF release unless more issues are found.

Well, HF5 also had these many updates while it was in Beta. Once the new version has been started, there will be fast updates until the Final is out.

Where did you find out about the new HF6 Alpha 3?

The only place where I posted about it was in the beta testing section, nowhere on any other official sites.

And for a betatest it should be clear if something isn't working to check the thread where you got it to check if anything has been reported and/or solved already :)

Once everything is tested and working, it will go Final and announced officially at the website :)

Back