Wii Recalled

Angel posted on Dec 17 2006 at 03:23 PM said:
the Wii is in fact being recalled...
You are an idiot. And please don´t expect me to explain why, lets just say it has something to do with confusing a wriststrap for a console.

Last edited by a moderator:
To break the strap AND throw it hard enough to wreck a tv, you'd have to be doing something you shouldn't be.

fluffyhamster posted on Dec 17 2006 at 08:38 PM said:
To break the strap AND throw it hard enough to wreck a tv, you'd have to be doing something you shouldn't be.
Or you could be playing wii sports and swinging it like a bat, right? ;)

I dont buy this whole broken strap thing to begin with. Ok, maybe you can break your tv IF you throw the remote directly at it. Only plasmas and LCDs since there is no way your breaking a CRT, and most bigger rear projection TVs dont have glass screens.

What i dont get, is how hard would you have to throw the thing to have it come out of your hand, break the strap, and still have enough inertia to fly across the room and shatter a tv screen.

Sure it could happen, but 50 reported cases? Sounds like 49 people just trying to cash in. Only in america.

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Dec 17 2006 at 03:10 PM said:
... and put a warning somewhere.

No offence mate, but this is hysterical. This is the reason why McDonalds cups warn you that coffee might be hot. Common sense and thinking for yourself is sooo yesterday it seems.

I remember being in San Francisco visiting Alcatraz and I kid you not, there was a loudspeaker warning that there was a slight incline and the ground may not be flat!!! Lucky for the warning or I would definately have tripped and sued.

And there was the Darwin awards winner who sued when he crashed his winnebego on crusie control as there was no warning that he had to stay in his seat - so he popped back whilst 'driving'.

Now you want a warning that you need to hold onto the thing and not let go as you fling it towards your tv? What next - a warning that moving might be tiring? :D

andyB911 posted on Dec 18 2006 at 08:16 AM said:
daclassicgamingmaster posted on Dec 17 2006 at 03:10 PM said:
... and put a warning somewhere.

No offence mate, but this is hysterical. This is the reason why McDonalds cups warn you that coffee might be hot. Common sense and thinking for yourself is sooo yesterday it seems.

I remember being in San Francisco visiting Alcatraz and I kid you not, there was a loudspeaker warning that there was a slight incline and the ground may not be flat!!! Lucky for the warning or I would definately have tripped and sued.

And there was the Darwin awards winner who sued when he crashed his winnebego on crusie control as there was no warning that he had to stay in his seat - so he popped back whilst 'driving'.

Now you want a warning that you need to hold onto the thing and not let go as you fling it towards your tv? What next - a warning that moving might be tiring? :D
When I play wii sports tennis or baseball, I tend to get in the game a little more than I should. I swing kinda hard, which apparently is NOT how you're supposed to play. What? Flcik your wrist? That's fuckin retarded. That's why Nintendo needs a warning, because apparently you aren't supposed to play the sport games the traditional way, as thus the wrist strap could break.

I see what you mean, but I don't think this is in anyway similar to the "coffee is hot" lawsuit or anything of the like.

I just hope you haven't killed anyone yet playing Call of Duty 3. Remember to stop playing if the bludgeoning sound isn't only coming from the remote's speaker.

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Dec 18 2006 at 04:38 PM said:
I see what you mean, but I don't think this is in anyway similar to the "coffee is hot" lawsuit or anything of the like.

(That's a bad example of frivolous lawsuits, the coffee was hot. As in "melting the bloody cup it was on"-hot.)

Vimacs posted on Dec 18 2006 at 11:45 AM said:
the cups are made out of paper, how can they melt?
Yes they were foam. They cant possibly melt.

That lawsuit was created by some imbecile who spilled scalding coffee on him/herself. And then sued because they burned themselves ;)

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Dec 18 2006 at 11:48 AM said:
That lawsuit was created by some imbecile who spilled scalding coffee on him/herself. And then sued because they burned themselves ;)

I used to think so, too... that it was completely frivolous. However, it does seem that there was more to it. Check this out:

http://lawandhelp.com/q298-2.htm

McFact No. 1: For years, McDonald's had known they had a problem with the way they make their coffee - that their coffee was served much hotter (at least 20 degrees more so) than at other restaurants.

McFact No. 3: The woman involved in this infamous case suffered very serious injuries - third degree burns on her groin, thighs and buttocks that required skin grafts and a seven-day hospital stay.

McFact No. 4: The woman, an 81-year old former department store clerk who had never before filed suit against anyone, said she wouldn't have brought the lawsuit against McDonald's had the Corporation not dismissed her request for compensation for medical bills.

Pretty interesting. Accidents do happen, but there was no need for the liquid to be so hot.

It's like those "News of the Weird" sections of newspapers. When taken out of context, certain events can seem to be ridiculous and without rational basis. On closer examination, there may be some justification due to extreme circumstances.

no idea what you make your coffe with in us of tasteless but over here we use boiling water, and that's always about 100°c

Vimacs posted on Dec 18 2006 at 01:21 PM said:
no idea what you make your coffe with in us of tasteless but over here we use boiling water, and that's always about 100°c
hmm I too boil water....what does mcdonalds do with their water??

yup a bit strange as water can only get to 100°c then its not water and becomes steam. Who would she have sued if she spilled a cup of coffe on her in her own house that she made ?

About teh straps i really cant see them breaking i mean you shoudl have seen my sister playin boxing !
My niece and her friend (both about 6) could have broken the tv if they werent being watched as they kept gettiin closer and closer to the tv and could have hit it with the wiimote :p

I might go get one an dtry to make it break.

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Dec 19 2006 at 06:11 PM said:
Jarska333 posted on Dec 19 2006 at 09:57 AM said:
Vimacs posted on Dec 18 2006 at 06:45 PM said:
the cups are made out of paper at how can they melt?

With the power of hyperbole. B)

"So hot, that icecaps started to melt." :)
GLOBAL WARMING IS A VERY REAL ISSUE

I KNOW, AND MACDONALDS IS TO BLAME! :angry:

Back