Will Production Ever Step Up A Gear?

Sugar_Kane said:
On a side note, ED if you're reading, I'm in Grassau on holiday right now but we're going to be spending the day in Munich on Thursday. Might it be possible to meet you there for a beer or two and a peep at a real Pandora, or is it a bit far for you? Don't worry if you can't!

Munich is about 1 hour from here and I have to work in Ingolstadt on that day...
If you had a chance coming to Ingolstadt, we could surely meet up :)

Last edited:
EdCa22 said:
it's like climbing over the a rise on a mountain or hill only to see another one looming ahead. And you've been climbing for two years. You start to think "Will I ever reach the summit? Does this mountain even have a peak up there somewhere? Does it? Really? Really really? When will we get there? Can you show it to me on a map? I thought you knew the way to the top! Why did I ever follow you up here in the first place?"
I think at these altitudes we are all getting a bit oxygen deprived :p

I still hope the first 2000 (my queue) will be reached in about 4-5 weeks.
(or wil someone borrow his/hers for the eth-0 LAN-event? ^_^ )

Last edited by a moderator:

craigix said:
Oh and the first 1000 will have shipped by the end of next week, or at least be finished and be shipping by the end of next week.
That's all I wanted to know. Just build about 10 really fast so that I get mine.  :lol:  

I am waiting for pandora 2nd batch,
Its iike waiting for a egg to hatch,

We keep being told that productions on hold,
and that there has been 700 apparently sold,

But i know when mine finally arrives october,
Batch 3 people will start bitching again allover.

Poem for Pandora
By P.J
so sweet dont you think.

craigix said:
The 3000 will be much faster than the first 1000.
Lets say you will finished first 1000 at the end of this week.
It takes 50 days to produce 1000.
So next 3000 will be much faster than 50*3=150 days.
I guess "much faster" means at least two times faster.
Is it correct that you plan finish first batch to the end of Sep 2010?

craigix said:
Oh and the first 1000 will have shipped by the end of next week, or at least be finished and be shipping by the end of next week.

/starts praying this is true/
/does pandora delivery dance/

going on holidays on 4 august and would love to receive it before then!

p.s. i did email Ed to see if he could delay shipping if mine not ready to ship by 3/4 week in July, but no answer appreciate he is busy... maybe he might read this!

svs-57 said:
craigix said:
Don't do maths. Nobody wins when people do maths. Maths is bad. Bad maths, bad. Bad bad bad. Maths maths maths.

I'm sorry, what?

EvilDragon said:
Sugar_Kane said:
On a side note, ED if you're reading, I'm in Grassau on holiday right now but we're going to be spending the day in Munich on Thursday. Might it be possible to meet you there for a beer or two and a peep at a real Pandora, or is it a bit far for you? Don't worry if you can't!

Munich is about 1 hour from here and I have to work in Ingolstadt on that day...
If you had a chance coming to Ingolstadt, we could surely meet up :)

I thought it might be a long shot. I'm with my girlfriend and kids, and some friends. They aren't interested in the pandora and they don't want to go to ingolstadt! Nevermind though

Line O said:
svs-57 said:
craigix said:
Don't do maths. Nobody wins when people do maths. Maths is bad. Bad maths, bad. Bad bad bad. Maths maths maths.

I'm sorry, what?
Whats about theory of probability?

Sugar_Kane said:
I thought it might be a long shot. I'm with my girlfriend and kids, and some friends. They aren't interested in the pandora and they don't want to go to ingolstadt! Nevermind though

Let me help you.
Give your credit card to your GF and let her shop in Munich and off you go to Ingolstadt ;)

That might work, if my credit card wasn't almost at it's limit

oh boy!, would he be told?, I would rather disarm a unstable nuke with a sledgehammer in the dark than incur the wrath of a "significant other" :D

Iorgy77 said:
When does OPT expect to have the first 1000 pandoras delivered to customers?

I understand October for the full 4000 but when will the first 1000 be out the door?

[Furious rant deleted]
October? Did someone actually said October? :(

hosant said:
Iorgy77 said:

I understand October for the full 4000 but when will the first 1000 be out the door?

[Furious rant deleted]
If I recall correctly then Craig said he expected the first 1000 to ship or have shipped by the end of next week and the full 4000 to be finished by October.

We all know that Craig is an unrealistic optimist. So, with a little bit of luck, the first 1000 might ship by the end of July and number 4000 around Christmas.

Caine said:
hosant said:
Iorgy77 said:

[Furious rant deleted]
If I recall correctly then Craig said he expected the first 1000 to ship or have shipped by the end of next week and the full 4000 to be finished by October.

We all know that Craig is an unrealistic optimist. So, with a little bit of luck, the first 1000 might ship by the end of July and number 4000 around Christmas.
@ caine
Thanks for knocking the only information offered by OPT, it's no wonder they rarely take the time to do it.

Back