Will The Gp32 Finally Die Off Due To Lack Of Smcs?

Yeah. gp32 will not die, they would become a special emu-handheld. only for elite, very niche and expensive.... due lack of SMCs ;)

Well I still have my GP32 Blu Tucked away in the draw complete with original box, instructions, USB Cable, Original GP32 Carry case in as new condition, GP32 Chatboard, 4x 128Mb Cards, 2x 64mb Cards and 2x GP32 games on 16mb cards :D

I have 6 128MB cards. So far, I haven't had any issues with any of them. But the GP32 can never die because I've gotta have my Blue Angelo and Dyhard with Infinite Stairs fix every so often. Plus the GP32 probably has one of the best versions of Another World. B)

I just got a mp3 player with 2 x 128mb smartmedia cards for £3!!! on ebay, im gunna try and resell them for £20+ each :D

No dude, hold tight to them... Soon you'll be part of the elite few who still have a limited supply of SMCs :)

- Alex

You think the value will go up even more ??

Im going to try and stock up.

Of course it will :) Imagine when there'll be under 5000 working cards left in the world, say in 10 years, they'll probably be worth 10 times what they're worth now!

- Alex

£250 for a 128mb smartmedia card in 10 years, sounds allllllllllllll good to me :D:D

Last edited by a moderator:
talking about the lack of smc's... today at the local grocerie store, they had a small electronics bin, and in it were tons of 32mb smcs (i picked up 2) each was for 14 bucks (pretty good deal) and they were by sandisk to, i wonder if any 128mb's will show up in there?

Speaking of which, my GP32 stopped reading SMC's, out of the blue :(

- Alex

that sucks (i actually just fired mine up for the first time in months) and it works great (still better than the 2x imo)

soooo i am confused.
say that i have an SMC in my GP32 and i never write any more data to it (only playing games that are on it, not even doing savegames anymore). will the SMC --ever-- die? will i one day boot it up and only get the message "no SMC found?" I have had my system for several years and yet, i find that I actually put any new games onto a card mayyyybe once a year. and to be honest, I almost never use savegames.

what do you guys think?

Well, see, I got my GP32 in September last year, used it moderately until June this year, then used it sporadically until a couple of days ago, when it stopped reading SMC's altogether. It's a matter of luck I guess.

Good thing the GP2X is all the 32 is and more :)

- Alex

I can never put a price on my precious gp32s :). I have a FLU and BLU+, both painted. At this point it's not only about the systems themselves, but the work that went into them :). I have Guy's black ninja NLU coming as soon as I can find my credit cards (out-of-state move ;) ). That will complete my gp32 collection :D

If I include the black gp32's SMCs, my count is as follows: 4 128mb SMCs, 5 16mb SMCs :lol:

sorry to go off topic, didnt want to start a new thread......

@ daclassicgamingmaster - How high does your BLU+ overclock ?? also is the anything major that you cant use it for, but works fine on the normal BLU

DCGM, you can't call your collection complete until you get your claws on a regular BLU model too ;)

- Alex

KoH posted on Dec 6 2006 at 12:27 PM said:
@ daclassicgamingmaster - How high does your BLU+ overclock ?? also is the anything major that you cant use it for, but works fine on the normal BLU
I believe it can overclock to 166 stable. I have had it for a year and 5 months now, and I have yet to come across 1 piece of significant software that wont run properly. Iirc, I had trouble with a homebrew download that was abandoned shortly after the BLU was released, and was never updated as the source wasn't made public.

If you're thinking of getting one, it really isn't something to worry about :)

Alex. posted on Dec 6 2006 at 07:36 PM said:
DCGM, you can't call your collection complete until you get your claws on a regular BLU model too ;)
Yes true, but all 3 models I have are really different from one another. I got the BLU+ to set off my collection, and was interested in the front lit model from the get-go. The only thing that had me remotely interested in the NLU was the fact that some were able to overclock to a ridiculous 256. The one I got from Guyfawks not only OC's to that, but is an extremely rare black model. I believe he said only 100 or so were made, so I couldn't pass it up :D

What's the BLU got to offer? A screen made by another company? PSH I say. PSHH

Last edited by a moderator:
Back