Will You Buy It Now?

Vince2501

I hate to say it, but without DreamCast emulation, Saturn emulation is a maybe, and a PDA-like design that doesn't really suit me. Plus Quake 3 and a handful of other more modern FPS that could be played, and the price on top of that... I'm probably not going to buy it. Now, I'm going to pick up the F200.

My reasoning is that: I prefer older games more, full speed Playstation emulation may happen at some point, the price, and the fact that IvanX is working on a driver a wifi SD Card that should be happening soon.

I just got the F200 =P

I was very interested in the project but I have to say the layout of the whole device kinda drives me away from it... I would've like a GP2X without the GPH nonsense =/ (open2x, save me!!) (won't get me USB networking on my f200 though... makes me sad once a day)

i have to addmit i was shok by the Design but after hafing a 2 lok stared to like it and i thing it will be fun to code for it and will buy it wenn it will come out

Yes, unless I read scathing reviews on release. It looks interesting, if a little odd. But odd is not bad.

Don't forget that everyone thought the DS was a pointless piece of kit before it came out. And look at how that's doing.

I've changed from a "uh, It might be the hype getting to me" before the info to a "oh my god pandora I love you" when I heared the name then to a "UGH WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE DESIGN" with a sudden 20min turn to "OH MY GOD THIS IS THE BEST DESIGN EVER I LOVE IT" so my current state is "WHERE DO I PREORDER"

Yuglooc said:
I've changed from a "uh, It might be the hype getting to me" before the info to a "oh my god pandora I love you" when I heared the name then to a "UGH WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE DESIGN" with a sudden 20min turn to "OH MY GOD THIS IS THE BEST DESIGN EVER I LOVE IT" so my current state is "WHERE DO I PREORDER"

WORD

Last edited by a moderator:
Heh, my money is still waiting in the bank collecting interest, which will be put towards whatever "accessories" I decide I will need. :rolleyes:

Hell yes I am going to buy it. This is the coolest thing to ever happen to handheld gaming. A truly open system designed by people that actually care about hobby developers AND users? And runs Linux? And is the most powerful handheld to date?

And has a keyboard for easy use of DOS and Amiga emulation? If you don't see how awesome it is, I wouldn't say you're crazy, but I can't see your point of view, that's for sure.

Senor Quack said:
Hell yes I am going to buy it. This is the coolest thing to ever happen to handheld gaming. A truly open system designed by people that actually care about hobby developers AND users? And runs Linux? And is the most powerful handheld to date?

And has a keyboard for easy use of DOS and Amiga emulation? If you don't see how awesome it is, I wouldn't say you're crazy, but I can't see your point of view, that's for sure.
It's like their trust in Craigix has evaporated because Pandora looks like a box in renders (not even the real thing). :rolleyes:

javaJake said:
Senor Quack said:

It's like their trust in Craigix has evaporated because Pandora looks like a box in renders (not even the real thing). :rolleyes:

I know, right?

Guys, this is being made by people that are sick of bad design choices. If anything doesn't work well, they'll fix it so it does. And this is only a RENDER, remember that. A couple things bother me (pssst, space the ABXY buttons more!), but this is going to be ridiculously awesome when it comes out.

holy crap this is amazing news! I am so going to buy it. I hope they work a little on the button layout though but I am sure they will. What I find most obscure is the placement of the two analog stick. You can probably reach them alright, but imagine playing a game where both analog stick are needed and then try to reach the abxy buttons. That would be a pain with this setup. I am sure though, that they will improve this situation.

Also I wouldn't have the video out on the front. That's a mistake gph did with the gp2x before. Video out and DC in should best be on the back... but there we have got the shoulder buttons and the dual sdhc slots already (yes! fucking dual sdhc slots!!! GPS sdio and sd memory card at the same time, god I am happy about this).

Ah, I am sure they will work it out.

Yup, i sure would buy it now, i probably will buy 2, one to play and one for backup.

Even though I'm still having doubts about the control layout, it's sort of growing on me. At any rate I've already put money aside, and will be preordering it. :)

I outright skipped the GP2X, liked it but knew that something this nice would come out soon enough.

I cant wait for oh, Diablo2 on a handheld in the airport playing on Battlenet. Anything is possible with an easily accessible keyboard and assignable buttons, analog-touchscreen as the old mouse. Sounds like I ought to get to work.

So yes that is a definite purchase for me. I imagine they will refine it a tad I would like them to do only small things like lower the Analog. Make it black.

P.S. some ask why two SDHC slots, simple expandability. It is too expensive to build the machine with Bluetooth and such, they need to keep the cost down. With add on items like this

http://www.mobiletechreview.com/tips/palm_BT.htm

People can add hardware features to it with ease.

Back