Win 2k?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hobbyman II said:
what I will miss is all those essential applications you can`t get under Linux

ROTFL !

You could always use your Pandora to be productive, play games and have fun, rather than the above :)

Last edited by a moderator:
but...but...I HAVE to run defragmenter and stare at the progress bar for hours, and try to read the files and folders as Norton flashes them up during a scan, in fact I almost have them all memorised, fun?, productive?........OMG! you just invented a whole new paradigm for computer usage....you should patent it :)

AireTamStorm said:
I'm also in the group that finds open a terminal in Linux just in general easier to use than Windows.

They're two different animals-

In Windows you get run around in circles trying to find an option buried in a GUI. You're expected to know where to find something. Every new version you're run in a new circle with alot more nonsensical hoops to jump through.

In Traditional Linux, you're presented with a completely blank terminal with no explanation of what to do, as you're expected to already know what you want to do, and how to translate that into something it understands.
However Linux also gives you that option of hunting around for options in a GUI, and several choices of GUI to do laps in. Particularly Ubuntu and Mepis keep you locked in the GUI at almost all times.

Often times, I just want something done. Rather than click and drag, I'd prefer to just tell the system to get mving. :)
Sorry, but you're delusional. Windows has a command line, end of.

Hessiess said:
I hate using windows...totally lacks any kind of electronic software distribution system
It's called the Internet. You should try it sometime. What you meant to say was that Windows lacks a CENTRALISED electronic software distribution system, to which I would say, so what! It makes me laugh that Linux fans go on about how their choice of OS gives them more customisation choices, but when it comes to installing apps, they defend the use of package managers as a good thing. Before anyone says 'compile from source' you have the option to do this on Windows too.

@all
Not saying I want or need Windows, but please promote Linux on it's actual merits, not on a pack of bullshit. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
This has gone on long enough. I'd left this topic open in the hope that it would stagger back in the direction of a relevant topic, but that clearly isn't going to happen. If you want to continue this religious debate, please take it to Off Topic where it belongs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back