Wiz News Front Page

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Sorry about that, but maybe now people will understand how ridiculous there posts are..."]
I get your sarcasm, but isn't the dingoo there as an afterthought? [/quote]"Yes, it's interesting and all, but it's not the focus here."

If they can get new software on the dingoo and it starts to get some support, I would get one.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
I get your sarcasm, but isn't the dingoo there as an afterthought?

"Yes, it's interesting and all, but it's not the focus here."

If they can get new software on the dingoo and it starts to get some support, I would get one.

Chris
No.. I think that's your main problem here and something you have to learn to accept about this site. It's not a Gamepark/Gamepark Holdings product only site anymore. Non GP32/GP2X/Wiz handhelds are not merely tagged on with lesser attention. The goal is to have every one of the handhelds listed here, and in the future possibly more, given equal status, resources, and representation. Even if any of the moderators or admins have biases the point is that the board organization itself is supposed to not have any, and to that end I think that they're doing a fine job.

Wiz is really about as closed as Dingoo - that Wiz happens to be using Linux from the start is a matter of function for them and not principle. Neither handheld are posting schematics or even data sheets for their components, although these things have been found elsewhere. Actually, you'll have an easier time acquiring Ingenic schematics than ones for MES Pollux, thanks to their broken site.

Linux on the Dingoo, which in my opinion will quickly become the de facto standard, is going to be something that by necessity everyone will have the source to entirely from the start. GPH has been coy about releasing the source to theirs in an upfront fashion, which they're required, never mind the things they're not (like source to the menu, libs like OpenGL ES and up to date SDL, etc)

You do know that you can close sections your not interested in (eg. Wiz) and the forums then don't show up at all for that section? Plus this setting is saved.

Just wondering why you are scrolling down when you have no interested in a console.

Wiz is really about as closed as Dingoo - that Wiz happens to be using Linux from the start is a matter of function for them and not principle. Neither handheld are posting schematics
I seriously doubt the Pandora will post any schematics either, so you may as well say none of the handhelds this board supports have any publically available schematics.

Wiz is really about as closed as Dingoo - that Wiz happens to be using Linux from the start is a matter of function for them and not principle. Neither handheld are posting schematics
I seriously doubt the Pandora will post any schematics either, so you may as well say none of the handhelds this board supports have any publically available schematics.
Yes, in which case I don't really know what makes any of them "open", aside from that you can load homebrew on them without opposition from the manufacturers. Which applies to all of them.

Chris
No.. I think that's your main problem here and something you have to learn to accept about this site. It's not a Gamepark/Gamepark Holdings product only site anymore. Non GP32/GP2X/Wiz handhelds are not merely tagged on with lesser attention. The goal is to have every one of the handhelds listed here, and in the future possibly more, given equal status, resources, and representation. Even if any of the moderators or admins have biases the point is that the board organization itself is supposed to not have any, and to that end I think that they're doing a fine job.

Wiz is really about as closed as Dingoo - that Wiz happens to be using Linux from the start is a matter of function for them and not principle. Neither handheld are posting schematics or even data sheets for their components, although these things have been found elsewhere. Actually, you'll have an easier time acquiring Ingenic schematics than ones for MES Pollux, thanks to their broken site.

Linux on the Dingoo, which in my opinion will quickly become the de facto standard, is going to be something that by necessity everyone will have the source to entirely from the start. GPH has been coy about releasing the source to theirs in an upfront fashion, which they're required, never mind the things they're not (like source to the menu, libs like OpenGL ES and up to date SDL, etc)

With a name like gp32x.de you would think that the primary focus of the website is for gamepark devices. It's not like there aren't other websites dedicated to linux or to open source software and even development on a wide variety of cracked or open systems. At the end of the day, it's not up to me what systems this site will support, but I would think that GP systems and the Pandora should be the focus of this site. The reason I say that the Pandora should be supported here is that the community here helped design it and it has been a part of gp32x.de since it's inception. Anyhow, look what happened to the JXD 301. It looked really good and then it disappeared. I'm kinda tempted to go and buy one (dingoo), but even if I do I would rather have a website that was dedicated to the Dingoo rather than a site where it's just one of many. I would really hate to see gp32x.de loose their identity and then fold up because it's the only website I am still active on even after 5 years! The only other place I ever stayed so long was usenet and that is very different.

Chris

Chris

With a name like gp32x.de you would think that the primary focus of the website is for gamepark devices. It's not like there aren't other websites dedicated to linux or to open source software and even development on a wide variety of cracked or open systems. At the end of the day, it's not up to me what systems this site will support, but I would think that GP systems and the Pandora should be the focus of this site. The reason I say that the Pandora should be supported here is that the community here helped design it and it has been a part of gp32x.de since it's inception. Anyhow, look what happened to the JXD 301. It looked really good and then it disappeared. I'm kinda tempted to go and buy one (dingoo"], but even if I do I would rather have a website that was dedicated to the Dingoo rather than a site where it's just one of many. I would really hate to see gp32x.de loose their identity and then fold up because it's the only website I am still active on even after 5 years! The only other place I ever stayed so long was usenet and that is very different.

Chris[/quote]there are other active dingoo forums.

I don't think that anyone thinks it is not going to show up and that it's just a scam. Some, very few at that, just want to complain that it's not here yet.
I certainly don't think anyone is wondering how they can kill the wiz and make more Pandora customers, I just think people would be more motivated for their baby then a different one.
We can sit here and argue about who kills what, but how do you get the problem fixed so that the wiz stuff shows up on the front page? And why was the message I put in the gp2x section deleted?

edit: ED gets the benefit of the doubt and guess the rest do as well... But I really wish that new software releases were on the front page since it will help with awareness and keeping track of what is going on.

PS. As a James Randi fan (and an atheist to boot), I am usually pretty skeptical of claims of conspiracies and it's kinda funny that I am buying into this one. At least it's harmless.

Like I said in my previous post it probably has more to do with free time of the administrators than any kind of bias or conspiracy. I do think that "the amazing Randi" would laugh at all of the tinfoil hatters on here. As an atheist myself too I look at facts and not hear-say for what is going on. I still don't see any conspiracies against the Wiz or anything else here. Like religion it is basically people seeing what they want to see and is not reality based.

"I'm an athiest so therefore I am entirely logically sound and fair" - Good one :lol: I'll have to use that in future!
Sounds silly doesn't it. I know atheists that are rational about one thing, and as dogmatic as anyone with something else.

Oh well, at least were not discussing the merits of astrology or something.

Chris

As an atheist myself too I look at facts and not hear-say for what is going on. I still don't see any conspiracies against the Wiz or anything else here. Like religion it is basically people seeing what they want to see and is not reality based.
i think people who really know their religion will know that it's not about miracles and saving, it's about love, not believing that someone died and left after three days (an overused scenario). the bible is only a collection of stories. also, Buddhism preaches love and tranquility and has no "deity" to worship. stories of miracle cures are obviously false, they are only symbolic. the Buddha is a teacher, no more. as long as they understand their religion, i don't think religion impedes anyone's ability to think rationally, especially when they are deciding if there is a conspiracy going on around here.

As an atheist myself too I look at facts and not hear-say for what is going on. I still don't see any conspiracies against the Wiz or anything else here. Like religion it is basically people seeing what they want to see and is not reality based.
i think people who really know their religion will know that it's not about miracles and saving, it's about love, not believing that someone died and left after three days (an overused scenario"]. the bible is only a collection of stories. also, Buddhism preaches love and tranquility and has no "deity" to worship. stories of miracle cures are obviously false, they are only symbolic. the Buddha is a teacher, no more. as long as they understand their religion, i don't think religion impedes anyone's ability to think rationally, especially when they are deciding if there is a conspiracy going on around here.[/quote]But there really are some nuts who take their religion as Gospal when it comes to written text!. Talk about bibal bashers, I mean some people really think every bit of text in that is true!

i think people who really know their religion will know that it's not about miracles and saving, it's about love, not believing that someone died and left after three days (an overused scenario"]. the bible is only a collection of stories. also, Buddhism preaches love and tranquility and has no "deity" to worship. stories of miracle cures are obviously false, they are only symbolic. the Buddha is a teacher, no more. as long as they understand their religion, i don't think religion impedes anyone's ability to think rationally, especially when they are deciding if there is a conspiracy going on around here.
But there really are some nuts who take their religion as Gospal when it comes to written text!. Talk about bibal bashers, I mean some people really think every bit of text in that is true![/quote]kind of like the people who are taking this conspiracy thing seriously... (no offense intended).

Buddhism preaches love and tranquility and has no "deity" to worship. stories of miracle cures are obviously false, they are only symbolic. the Buddha is a teacher, no more. as long as they understand their religion, i don't think religion impedes anyone's ability to think rationally, especially when they are deciding if there is a conspiracy going on around here.
Yes but most believers in a magic being also tend to believe their tome of choice (Bible is only one of those) pretty much as a litteral fact. Many of those believers do pick and choose parts of that book to suit their needs though which makes it even more ridiculous. I doubt most Christians believe the part in the Bible where is says you will go to hell if you wear clothes made of differnet cloths. I say if you are going to REALLY go by the Bble you need to do all of it not pick and choose. Afterall if you really believe it is the word of God, you shouldn't , a mere mortal, be making choices about which Word you will follow or won't based on your laziness.

While you are generally right that religion doesn't impair rational thought for most regular things. It can lead to some weird behavior though like blowing yourself up in a crowd, murdering abortion doctors, or crashing planes into buildings.

[I'm going to move this thread now to Off-topic - Squidge]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back