Caanoo / WIZ Wiz Usb Controller/gamepad Driver

momosxp

Hey m8s.
I thought it would be very cool when i could use my wiz as a gamepad.
You can connect it already to the computer via USB.
Could it be possible to write a driver or other software for this reason??

Squidge said:
Sure, but the question has to be: Would any developer want to?

why not? too difficult?
It would be very useful for a lot of users.

Last edited by a moderator:
Make tv-out a reality first, then you'll have MUCH more reason to add USB controller support.
Then again, that's up to GPH as it is...

Its a great idea to use the WIZ as a gamepad .. I imagine a scenario where the dedicated controls are all doing the normal USB-gamepad function, and the touchscreen is being used to configure custom controls or provide a virtual keyboard (a la Lebedevs' thingy) .. would be a very nice app to write, imho, and use .. if it worked properly.

What it would take is to get the usb_gadget stuff going already - for gadget_ether, for example, as the first step - and then write a gadget_HID_controller module if one doesn't already exist somewhere.

Ohhh, you mean actually use the Wiz itself as a USB controller.

Seems like a neat idea, but I'd much rather use an actual gamepad.

RupeeClock said:
Ohhh, you mean actually use the Wiz itself as a USB controller.

Seems like a neat idea, but I'd much rather use an actual gamepad.
it is a cool idea but i second that. like the SF4 fight pad by madcats though its not quit the quality of the original Saturn pad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got another idea for a software to use the wiz as a controller, how about a tablet type program to make it where you could draw or write in pc programs using the wiz. though they would really need to get the calibration for the wiz touch pad itself a hell of alot more acurate first.

Yeah, that's a homebrew done by someone hacking the closed source PSP.
And a similar thing that uses wifi exists for the DS too, even letting you use the DS as a mouse.

I guess the Wiz could maybe work as a gamepad via USB, but I don't know if the USB is strictly file management or if you can use it to do more than that.

Actually, what you said about the virtual keyboard is brilliant. You would be able to use the wiz as a keyboard if your keyboard gets broken, among other things. That would come in handy if I smash my keyboard again (don't ask. Anger issues. =D)

Back