Wolf3d V0.6 Released

Hooka

That Guy!
Website
Visit site
wolf1.jpg
wolf2.jpg
I finally managed to get a working version of Wolf3D that can run all the different versions from one executable, to most this may seem a bit useless but I wanted to do it so :p

I also fixed the rotation speed of the player up a bit, should be a little more faithful to the original.

The scripts figure on the package being extracted to the root and the datafiles (for any/all versions) to be put in the wolf3d folder.

I still need to clean this up a bit and get some better file checking and a menu in but atleast it's on its way ;)
[cut]
I think for the next little bit I'm going to work on getting the changes into the GP32 version then start on fixing up the sound/music in both and hopefully a menu.

If you notice any bugs (very possible, as always I'm still a sh!t coder) please feel free to contact me...

Thanks to all the other GP2X, GP32, ect. devs that have helped me, released stuff I use on a daily basis, ect. and especially Flav0r who helped me in finding out the final problems I had with getting this release finalized.

Have a good one!
TJ Hooka[/cut]

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool thanks.

For future versions I would suggest being able to put the package anywhere you want and not just the root. Also have an option to all different versions and their data files into their own directories. When they are all in one big pile it is hard to see what is what when moving or deleting games etc.

I guess you can do this with the scripts but for those of us that are linux challenged the above would be nice.

Thanks again, good to see it is still being worked on :)

Hmm..

i cant seem to get it to work. I cant seem to understand your installation instructions.

Do the gpe scripts go in the root of the SD? What about the WL files? do they go in the wolf3d folder that has the original gpe? Or where the scripts are located?

Would really love to try it out but cant get it work work!

Tried putting the scripts in the root and in there own wolf3d folder but all i get is a black screen. I tried both full and shareware version files and i still didn't get any result.

If someone could help me out i would really appreciate it!

Thanks!

Got it working finally! :)

Sorry for the frantic-ness

Looking good so far! Seems the engine is moving a bit faster, which is a great improvement!

My only complaints are that you strafe a little too fast, that there is only audio coming out of one speaker, and that the "Read this!" was taken out, which i was going to utilize as a story section in a Mod I was going to release to everyone here in the near future for those who want to play it on there 2xs. But if it was necessary for the build to become an "all in one" type thing I understand completely.

Maybe you can add it again or something in a future build or maybe we can collaborate on a custom one for when I release this mod which I'm putting great effort to complete for all to enjoy soon.

I agree with DaveC about the organization But ATM i use the shareware so its not too cluttered but it might be when i have SOD and the full version on my card.

Keep up the great work! will much be looking forward to any new enhancements to the engine in the future! :D

Love Wolf3D. Not played this new update yet.

Is the saving game feature now fast again (was fast in firmware 1.4 but has been slow since then). Are you able to access the hidden levels now (couldn't before).

Would it be possible to have an option to only keep controls to the 4 unique ordials, this is not a game which plays well when two ordials makes a diagonal. On the DOS version of Wolf3D, you used the cursor keys for directions, so diagonals weren't easy to get (ideal for this game).

Excellent work. The speed is more correct and much more playable now. Its nice to see that this wasn't abandonware.

Thank you for all your work on this. I know the script thing may bother some. However you can modify the scripts or make a directory for each version of Wolf3d(SOD etc..) and just copy the wolf3d.gpe(the one in the wolf3d directory in the RAR file, the bigger sized file) and put that in each of the Wolf3d directorys that you made. This way, you can keep it less cluttered and don't have to put it in the root directory of the SD card.

Keep it up. Now to get back to some SOD.

Blades

DaveC: While getting a functional menu in I intend to get the data area deal sorted, so don't worry it's coming... I'm just slow.

To all: Sorry I'm a space case; I totally forgot to put a d/l link in there, so thanks Draken.

HydraLancer: I am intending to get the readme stuff back in I've left myself a note in the sourcecode to remind myself too I think. I'm not very good at understanding how the audio works so I'll try and give it my best shot but I'm not guaranteeing anything.

Bacteria: sorry forgot to check on the savegame code will give it a look here when I get a chance. Also, I used to use the keyboard keys as diagonals back when I used to play it on PC so it seemed like a logical setup for me but I'll try and get an option for that in there.

DaveC: While getting a functional menu in I intend to get the data area deal sorted, so don't worry it's coming... I'm just slow.

To all: Sorry I'm a space case; I totally forgot to put a d/l link in there, so thanks Draken.

HydraLancer: I am intending to get the readme stuff back in I've left myself a note in the sourcecode to remind myself too I think. I'm not very good at understanding how the audio works so I'll try and give it my best shot but I'm not guaranteeing anything.

Bacteria: sorry forgot to check on the savegame code will give it a look here when I get a chance. Also, I used to use the keyboard keys as diagonals back when I used to play it on PC so it seemed like a logical setup for me but I'll try and get an option for that in there.
Excellent. I thought it useful to put in an option to disable diagonals, because when running down a corridor, or when about to open a door, you can press a diagaonal by mistake, and then be getting shot while correcting. (same problem with playing Doom, etc on other interpretors too)

Really appreciate updates to this proggy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back