WolfenDOOM

jabz

Has anyone got WolfenDOOM running on the Pandora?  How does it run? 

I Only just discovered it exists!  I like FPS that have humans rather than monsters, so this merging of Doom and Wolf3d sounds perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:
According to the website, it needs the original Doom 2 WAD to run, looks interesting anyway!

I got it going with zoom with original doom2.wad

The only thing I can't get going is the music, anyone know what settings to use for music?  Sound effects are working fine.

Also one thing during gameplay on the I find odd is on the "I am Death Incarnate" setting, it takes multiple shots to kill dogs, like 5 shots!, however I only found this on the Pandora, if played on PC with GZdoom its ok 1 shot only required.

I played it using Cocoa-DOOM. Menu music is still Doom, but in-game is fine. I did not play through to the end though. Not sure if there also was a problem with the text-sequences ...

Noob question here, how do I get these running under ZDoom? I've tried adding the additional wad file with Doom 2 selected as the main one. Do I need to use a custom command for loading it?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Noob question here, how do I get these running under ZDoom? I've tried adding the additional wad file with Doom 2 selected as the main one. Do I need to use a custom command for loading it?

I just added Doom2 as the main, and selected "add" to add original.deh, original.wad and orig15.wad

Worked fine

Just tried the first levels, it seems to only have the same weapons as the original Wolf, would be great if it had double barrel shotgun.

Ah Ok I didn't think to add all the wad files, thanks for the help

I played a few things, starting with the original.  I found a few little issues.  Like jabz I get superdogs, but the difficulty level doesn't matter.  Some enemies are invisible.  I had invisible dogs for a little while my first time playing through The Portal, but they only disappeared at a certain angle.  Invisible dogs that take several rounds to put down sucks.  I couldn't tell what the other invisible things were in different wads.

I didn't get music to work, I did install midi a while ago, but this isn't too big of a deal because I don't recall playing the original with music a couple decades ago.

I got it all working fine, uninstalled zoom, installed Timidy, then reinstalled zoom. Music works fine, I even get all weapons.  So satisfying chainsawing the nazi's to death.

Besides the semi invisible super dogs everything else is almost perfect, one shot with the double barrel shot gun fixes the supedogs :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back