World News Thread (Politics,whatever)

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah I am a powderkeg... maybe I should just let it go.

I already know that dude and I are never going to agree on these things and I have a potatoe caserole in the oven that needs my attention.

And world fertility rate is below commonly accepted replacement rate.
Yes and no. Localized, maybe, but globally...

Here, look at these 1/2 reliable wikipedia maps: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_population_growth_rate

And also yes, you are right in the sense that if we compare it with a running automobile, it was going 150, and now it's going 120, growth DID decrease. That is a fact. (hitting the wall still hurts at 120...)
But who's telling you that it's less than sustainable? We are going into automation after all... and that will reduce available work. (which will be solved by making more prisons)

It's like saying the world is at war. Nope, not around my corner. But I know for a fact there are multiple wars, and because Syria is now "important" (oil), the wars in Africa take a backseat. Not important enough (and there's no black privilege, so you will not hear a peep in the Mainstream news).

Here, look at these other 1/2 reliable wikipedia maps: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ongoing_armed_conflicts (see those red spots? That's where we get our bloody minerals for phone batteries from)

Meanwhile, the plan is still executing.

Now a question: is this funny to you? (note the year 1997, we already knew "the plan")
Because, then this is funny too:
And may the world will bring comedy to your country soon.... you consume 2 times more resources than the average European. (and now I know why you can spend 2 times less on a Pyra...)

Here, look at yet another 1/2 reliable wikipedia article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waste_in_the_United_States

To be able to spend so much, you are workaholics
But the resources (from all of us) will be gone soon, at this rate.... then the real wars will start. (Oh Lord... won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz)

Your turn (and by that, anybody can pinch in. It's a great discussion)

Help! Hatespeech!
I'll ask E.D. to withhold the Pyra from him for 2 months.... and to be fair (equality), from all of us. How 'bout that?

It's weird to me that xnopasaranx calls himself an anarchist...

I am a voluntaryist, a form of anarchist. Don't you realize that social justice is just a concept created to justify more government? The same with the social contract and baseless overpopulation fears.

The world's governments have become too large and powerful and are stifling all innovation and expansion, in a kind of new Dark Ages. The only way to get humanity back to a growth state is to implement voluntaryism, a system by which governments can still exist, but have no power over anyone, just as no individual will have power over any other either.

@JDTAY: Voluntaryst... Never heared of that. Will read up on it. How would hospital personnel or other critical SPOF's handle this ideology?

The plan is the total destruction of all government and religions. This is accomplished by dividing the people in opposite groups and in bigger quantities and on each front, like political, racial, social, economical, gender, etc.

we are in a new dark ages due to no-one knowing how science works, and then not believing it because they don't understand...

But who's telling you that it's less than sustainable? We are going into automation after all... and that will reduce available work. (which will be solved by making more prisons)
I caught an interesting programme on the radio the other day: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0b92swt

It suggests that the pool of actually useful jobs has become less than the available workforce for a good couple of decades now, AI or no. As a computer programmer I can agree with that position; I don't think I've ever been paid for anything that actually helps us live our lives, just makes more stuff to sell to people that promises to make their lives easier, but actually only barely does in a very generous light.

It's tricky, because it's turned out that most people young enough to do the work aren't willing to spend all day stripping sprouts from the stalk come the harvest or what have you, so we have to ship people in from overseas to do this crucial work while we all tilt at windmills or whatever. And even if enough of us natives did go to work on the farms, once you develop a dicky back or a troublesome leg, we can't all drive combine harvesters.

Last edited:
Yeah, I feel like there's a political disconnect between the US and Europe. To explain the current situation over here:

Anarchists = conservatives
Authoritarians = liberals

As for Trump, well, he became popular on the internet for representing the freedom to be politically incorrect, something most people here no longer have. Otherwise though, I guess he fits in with the classic definition of authoritarian, oddly enough.

lol alt-right trolls now claiming to be anarchist. please... you can keep calling it voluntaryism, but why do you need to pretend that it has anything in common with the theories of bakunin,, goldmann, proudhon?

for anyone who doesn't know: there is this weird branch of anarchism called anarcho-capitalism which is sort of a fringe phenomenon. out of this, two even weirder groups emerged: anarcho-nationalists and voluntaryists. you could call it a right-wing troll trying to reuse libertarian concepts for themselves and twisting the meaning of things around.
racism for example is strongly being frowned upon in the anarchist scene since it's all about equality and peaceful living. not for the voluntaryist though: if you wanna be a racist redneck asshole an richer than anyone else because you happen to be a landowner, totally okay with them.

have a look here, for some well written criticism:
https://www.francoistremblay.wordpress.com/2011/03/25/the-voluntaryist-delusion/

Anarchy is about peaceful living, yes. I'm not sure how you get to equality without introducing force into the mix though.

To the voluntaryist, the absence of force is the most critical aspect of anarchy. To achieve this, all non-forceful actions must be permitted, even ones you don't like. Even when forceful actions occur, force is the wrong way to respond to them.

we are in a new dark ages due to no-one knowing how science works, and then not believing it because they don't understand...

I am wondering what examples you would cite for this. Is this really more widespread than before or are there just a few vocal idiots that suddenly have a platform?

By the way, there were plenty of inventions during the middle ages. The period was lacking in terms of record keeping (hence dark ages), but it saw the widespread introduction of heavy ploughs, water mills, the invention of eyeglasses, liquor, cannons, clocks and eventually the printing press.

lol alt-right trolls now claiming to be anarchist. please... you can keep calling it voluntaryism, but why do you need to pretend that it has anything in common with the theories of bakunin,, goldmann, proudhon?

The central tendency of anarchism as a mass social movement has been represented by anarcho-communism and anarcho-syndicalism. Beginning largely with the libertarian economist Murray N. Rothbard, anarcho-capitalism (of which voluntaryism is a variant) quickly grew in influence: http://wiki.mises.org/wiki/Anarcho-capitalism

If I had to condense it around one sentence, the schism between market anarchy (a better term than "anarcho capitalism") and the communist anarchists is their view of property: Time, energy, talent and resources are scarce in this world. Who gets to decide what to do with them?

People generally prefer the answer that suits their personal and class interests.

Reactions: ___
BTW, xnopasaranx, I have my own criticism of the "well written criticism" of voluntaryism that you linked, without even clicking it. Would you read a criticism of feminism entitled "The Feminist Delusion" if someone you disagreed with recommended it to you?

Just judging from the title, the stuff is clearly preaching to its own choir, meant to reassure you moreso than convince me.

I didn't post the link for you, I am sure you know what you believe in. It's interesting, that a lot of the american alt-right scene seems to have discovered libertarianism for themselves lately. voluntaryism is an interesting concept and quite old as I am aware, but I think that it's being bent around by people these days who try to hide their ultra conservative gun nut views behind pseudo libertarianism. I accept and tolerate that you have different views than mine, but you haven't convinced me yet with any arguments or even attempts to explain what your stance on feminism or equal treatment of people is. I am not interested in political correctness or any of that, I am interested in your personal stance, and unless I can tickle it out of you, I have to assume that you are one of those ultra conservative right wing trolls. maybe I am too paranoid these days, but why haven't you answered any of my questions?

I'd say the absence of hierarchies is what makes the essence of anarchism, but how are you going to achieve living without hierarchies by accepting discrimination as a status quo that may not be acted against? how can you be part of a movement that is being mixed up by patriots and racists and not distance yourself from that?

Oh and yes, if you would post a link like that I would immediately read it with great interest. What goes as feminism these days can be very interesting as well and a lot of criticism is very well needed. I'd just like to hear and discuss about the actual criticism, but I never really got to read any of it, just snarky remarks and vague hints, basically bait.

@Caine -- i suppose any age is filled with some combination of illumination and darkness. but we have climate science deniers in the States, people that don't want to pursue science on how to fix the gun epidemic, flat earthers, people who think that trickle-down economics works (the rich are getting richer, wages aren't rising with productivity anymore). in no particular order.

we didn't start the fire...

Reactions: ___
we have climate science deniers in the States, people that don't want to pursue science on how to fix the gun epidemic, flat earthers, people who think that trickle-down economics works (the rich are getting richer, wages aren't rising with productivity anymore).
Is that really new though? The biggest difference is that there is now a climate denying, pro gun-epidemic, trickle-down president. Perhaps that gives the people the belief that somehow these ideas are now credible, but I assure you that outside of the US, this is all just bullshit.

If it shows anything at all, then it is that the US education system is in dire need of improvements.

I'm not sure the rise of the idiots is a real change, just a change in exposure (despite the fact that captain idiot got elected in the states we he have brexit). For me personally it all starts at the September that never ended, which heralded the rise of social media sites, and the mixing of preexisting social constructs that never used to expose most people to the true idiocy that's out there. Now, people that are struggling don't just see their social betters and aspire to be more like them, they're also exposes to the true idiots and it seems it feels a lot easier to fall back on that kind of stupidity than to try to aspire to something that's a little beyond you.

I guess this is still a problem in that it makes it hard for people who really know how things work to win the hearts and minds of the masses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back