World News Thread (Politics,whatever)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate to be an alarmist, but this "5G" they're trying to push into USA sounds amazingly bad...

Worth opposing, for you 'murkans.
Finally got a chance to listen to that. It's some of the finest FUD I've heard for a while. The key word he missed out there to begin with at least is 'non-ionizing'. I'm not aware of any well founded reports that found a positive cancer risk for that stuff, and when I check wikipedia as a kind of meta research it says
Non-ionizing radiation can produce non-mutagenic effects such as inciting thermal energy in biological tissue that can lead to burns

That means no cancer, no DNA replication issues. I guess the report he's referring to that proposed that just maybe there were cancerous affects from non-ionising radiation is the IARC report.
But a subsequent study reported that the basis of the IARC evaluation was not consistent with observed incidence trends.[6] This and other reports suggest that there is virtually no way that results on which the IARC based its conclusions are correct.[7]

While the 5G spec does talk about pushing out radio waves at some dozens of GHz, ionization only really starts to occur at about 700 THz at the very lowest.

In the mean time, plenty of us work in offices with cell towers on top of them. If you're scared of cell frequencies, I need to tell you about a burning ball of flame that appears in the sky approximately every 24 hours that can definitely burn you and even cause cancer.

Edit: Whoops, link fail. Now fixed (I hope)!

Last edited:
Finally got a chance to listen to that. It's some of the finest FUD I've heard for a while. The key word he missed out there to begin with at least is 'non-ionizing'. I'm not aware of any well founded reports that found a positive cancer risk for that stuff, and when I check wikipedia as a kind of meta research it says

That means no cancer, no DNA replication issues. I guess the report he's referring to that proposed that just maybe there were cancerous affects from non-ionising radiation is the IARC report.

While the 5G spec does talk about pushing out radio waves at some dozens of GHz, ionization only really starts to occur at about 700 THz at the very lowest.

In the mean time, plenty of us work in offices with cell towers on top of them. If you're scared of cell frequencies, I need to tell you about a burning ball of flame that appears in the sky approximately every 24 hours that can definitely burn you and even cause cancer.

Edit: Whoops, link fail. Now fixed (I hope)!

I'm aware of the issues you raise. The cancer link is statistical. There appears to be a non-ionizing mechanism for cancer and other effects.
https://ehtrust.org/scientists-and-doctors-demand-moratorium-on-5g-warning-of-health-effects/
http://www.5gappeal.eu/
The Working Group did not quantitate the risk; however, one study of past cell phone use (up to the year 2004), showed a 40% increased risk for gliomas in the highest category of heavy users (reported average: 30 minutes per day over a 10 ‐ year period)
https://www.iarc.fr/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/pr208_E.pdf
https://monographs.iarc.fr/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/mono102.pdf

Last edited:
I wonder how that will butt up against the movement to make it mandatory for companies to enable us to repair our electronics. That gained traction a couple of years ago although reportedly any actual legislation has thus far been blocked by Apple. I thought there was also some movement from within the EU although I can't find that on wikipedia now I look.

I predict that it will all turn around in a couple of decades, when we have a large number of politicians (and voters) who grew up with the blissfully free exchange of information the the internet provides - instead of the current lot, who see it as "other", and therefore a threat.

Reactions: rSl
I wouldn't watch that video past about the five minute mark if I were you. Nothing explicitly explicit, but I don't need to see that stuff either way if perverts are getting off on it.

G5 (mobile phone network) related:

This publication represents the views and expert opinions of an iarc Working group on the evaluation of carcinogenic risks to Humans, which met in Lyon, 24-31 may 2011

https://www.iarc.fr/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/pr208_E.pdf
https://monographs.iarc.fr/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/mono102.pdf

I read that they failed to consider the data obtanable from DECT phone use in France. I should probably mention that a DECT phone addict relative died of a Glioblastoma. That didn't help my objectivity in the matter.

I read that they failed to consider the data obtanable from DECT phone use in France. I should probably mention that a DECT phone addict relative died of a Glioblastoma. That didn't help my objectivity in the matter.
hmm, interesting. Any idea if it was in the same brain hemisphere as the horn?

Didn't watch, don't want to... But get excited folks... you are about to read (or ignore) another mini rant from this marvelous minx.

If humans were given proper sex education from a young age, and sexuality (which is a natural aspect of life) wasn't held behind ridiculous restrictions (like age)... If sex wasn't made to be taboo in so many respects, and young people were given ample opportunities to explore sexuality in safe and informed environments, without judgements placed upon them... I'm convinced that within a few generations sexual perversion would completely evaporate and the mass sexual obsession humanity suffers under (due to unnatural suppression) would ease off and humanity could then focus more on creative and developmental passions.

Sex should be natural and free, and children should not be told that they are bad for engaging in their own sexual exploration. People should be allowed to wear as much or as little as they want at any age, and there should be no age restricted movies. (I.e. all things should be available to all people, and that all people should have the right to choose for themselves, not have other people dictate to them what they may or may not do. Of course a supportive and informed environment is a requirement of this, which means that parents have to be properly educated as well. So it would take a few generations at least before the open system is free of distortion) Parents should not hide their sexual activities from their children and should be completely open and honest about it with their kids.

The reason sex sells is because it is so suppressed and because so many carry so much guilt regarding it. You should not feel guilty about your sexuality or sexual activity.

I look forward to a potential reality in which people are no longer suppressed in any way. A reality in which sex educators are honoured and respected (and obviously qualified) to give safe and healthy education on both a practical and theoretical level.

I look forward to a reality in which seeing a naked child, teenager, or adult will not cause people to lose control of themselves.
I look forward to a reality in which the art of seduction becomes a lost art due to no longer being necessary... As people will no longer need to hunt for, or lure people into sex. If you need to relieve yourself and there is no-one around interested...there will be public services for that.

I look forward to a reality in which human beings are no longer ashamed of their bodies, and no longer develope perversions as they will no longer need to hide their feelings or curiosities.

Too bad humanity is driven by the love of money and profit, because that is what will maintain the suppression and feed/accelerate the perversions.

Poor children. What a disgustingly false and distorted reality we've all been born into... No wonder there are so many sick people.

And by the by... Sexual perverts, especially peodophiles, need therapy and love.... Not condemnation and punishment. These people are actually still children, regardless of their physical age.... Do you really think it is ok and helpful to abuse them further, just because they themselves have become this way due to previous and or ongoing abuse...?, resulting in a sickness they do not have the personal resources to deal with.

Oh what a world it would be if the foundation of everyone's interactions was of compassion and empathy.

Sick people are not wrong... What they do is wrong, but most of them cannot help themselves... And most of humanity is too unconscious to give these poor souls the help they need.

Sending a sick person to prison is the worst thing you can do for them or the rest of humanity... All you are doing is amplifying and accelerating the disease.

I really wish humanity would wake up.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back