World News Thread (Politics,whatever)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That thing has so many sharp edges that I hope it won't be allowed in local streets.
I like this "Retro Future" Design actualy. Nice concept and if they really want to keep this design for the actualy production car, it's brave. However, this "low poly" look will never get legal admission in Europe due alot of regulations for pedestrian safety, I'm sure. The Cybertruck would eat pedestrians for breakfast. xD

I think that's got to be a 3d render, because of those super sharp edges, and the way that back lid looks like it'd cover the rear lights when it's up. It's a shame, because I'd really like to see the cybertruck from an angle like that, because from the side it looks like it hasn't got a lot of depth to stop large luggage spilling over the side, but a back angle like that would settle it. It's also not clear to me if you can still have four passengers while carrying stuff - one of the renders I've seen suggests the two rear seats can come down to enlarge the carry space, but I really don't understand how that works. Also, I've seen renders which contain tracks that extend out of the rear flap to make wheeling up a car, bike or wheelbarrow more practical, but they're not in that render.

there are 6 seats all the time, and i don't think the back ones come down (though there is some speculation that the middle back seat can fold down to pass through long objects).

when the bed vault is closed there won't be anything spilling over the side, but that's also not really a concern in other pickups -- you tie things down either way.

also, in the reveal they show someone driving up into the bed, which shows the ramp that comes out of the back gate:
cued up at the right time for you:

Maybe its just a Prototyphe, and the Cybertruck you can buy (if you have enought Money), will be lot more pedestrian Friendly..
Also whit look on the European Market, Tesla will build a new Giga Factory near Berlin (Germany), so maybe they will make a European Version of the Cybertruck..

Also whit look on the European Market, Tesla will build a new Giga Factory near Berlin (Germany), so maybe they will make a European Version of the Cybertruck..
I hope not, since they plan on destroying a huge forest area for that, which ironically would make it very environmentally unfriendly.

Yeah he's good. Reminds me of George Carlin a bit. Love his stuff.
I get my weekly dose from Heute Show and Quer. I used to like heute show a lot more, still better than nothing. Quer on the other hand is bloody great.
Not to forget Die Anstalt.
Don't know Quer. The other two don't apeal to me - have a hard time finding them funny.

I like this "Retro Future" Design actualy. Nice concept and if they really want to keep this design for the actualy production car, it's brave. However, this "low poly" look will never get legal admission in Europe due alot of regulations for pedestrian safety, I'm sure. The Cybertruck would eat pedestrians for breakfast. xD
Giving "cutting the line" a new meaning, you say?

I wonder if the Edges are sharp enough to use them for work whit a Firestarter, if you got stranded whit an empty Batterie somewhere in the Wilds..

How big should a Powerbank be, to load up such a Tesla Pickup ??

How big should a Powerbank be, to load up such a Tesla Pickup ??
Here you see a model S battery:
a1aa22c23bf83026554083c336c21a63.jpg

Here's someone who has managed to power his house with a Tesla Car battery:

Ok this is the Reason why you need the Tesla Cars that "Big", a Car in the Size of a Renault Twizzy, or Smart Fourtwo wouldnt fit such a battery..

The Batteriepack of the Elektric Bycicle i want to ride next year is just the Size of a a bit bigger Bottle..

Ok this is the Reason why you need the Tesla Cars that "Big", a Car in the Size of a Renault Twizzy, or Smart Fourtwo wouldnt fit such a battery..

The Batteriepack of the Elektric Bycicle i want to ride next year is just the Size of a a bit bigger Bottle..
Smaller/Lighter vehicles need significantly less energy and nothing is as efficient as a bicycle anyway due to the maximum reduction of friction in this system.

You could build a car made entirely of carbon-fibre and make it very light and reduce the needed battery size drastically, but it would have to be extremely flat to drive properly then, I guess.

You could also reduce the battery size even more by using the chassis itself as a battery:

Last edited:
Also: A Elektric Bycicle, ditnt drive 100 % whit the Electric Engine, its just a bit, and the rest comes from the Bioelectrical Engine in your Body..

Also in my Case: Driver 60 kg, Bike 25 kg, in Comparasion of a Tesla whit 2.500 kg, the most of the Power is needed to move the Car..

I think that's got to be a 3d render, because of those super sharp edges, and the way that back lid looks like it'd cover the rear lights when it's up. It's a shame, because I'd really like to see the cybertruck from an angle like that, because from the side it looks like it hasn't got a lot of depth to stop large luggage spilling over the side, but a back angle like that would settle it. It's also not clear to me if you can still have four passengers while carrying stuff - one of the renders I've seen suggests the two rear seats can come down to enlarge the carry space, but I really don't understand how that works. Also, I've seen renders which contain tracks that extend out of the rear flap to make wheeling up a car, bike or wheelbarrow more practical, but they're not in that render.

I've seen a few more shots from the launch event now, and it looks to me like that back light could well be a light pipe, at least for the two outer elements. But that shot I was quoting still looks like it's been severely airbrushed at least; the door seals on the unit on stage were a lot more uneven than that.

I hope not, since they plan on destroying a huge forest area for that, which ironically would make it very environmentally unfriendly.
I've heared that they will build the Factory on an large empty field or something like that. This area was also supposed to be an Factory for a german car company, many years ago. Of course, I only believe that Tesla REALLY builds a Giga Factory in germany, when the first production car rolls out.

Giving "cutting the line" a new meaning, you say?
No surprise for an "cutting edge" car. :D

Certainly looks like trees: https://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=5... Gigafactory 4: Berlin/Brandenburg, Europe___
I'm not sure I'd describe that as a forest though, looks very artificial with those regular borders. Perhaps it's being grown for its wood, either for furniture or as a biomass fuel, since it looks like conifers to me, possibly pine.

Still in terms of lost trees it doesn't matter whether it's grown artificially for furniture or grown naturally and it's just forest tracks and cuttings I'm looking at (I'm not familiar with German forestry practices). But if it's being grown for biomass, then that would have to just relocate, unless the number of people who buy wood for stoves has diminished much recently and it's surplus to demand presently.

Edit: Looks like my link didn't preserve my choice to look at the satellite view. You'll need enable that to see actual treetops once you zoom in enough.

Certainly looks like trees: https://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=5... Gigafactory 4: Berlin/Brandenburg, Europe___
I'm not sure I'd describe that as a forest though, looks very artificial with those regular borders. Perhaps it's being grown for its wood, either for furniture or as a biomass fuel, since it looks like conifers to me, possibly pine.
Nah, that is normal for most German forests. There usually isn't a lot of diversity due to centuries of mismanagement and the borders are often clear cut.

As if electric cars with their batteries wouldn't be bad enough for the environment and they want to destroy a forest area, they may also endanger a species with that:

Unfortunately, workplaces are so holy to our current government, that they often sign anything regardless of the consequences and try to keep the problems out of the media.

It's going to be important to distinguish between petrol/diesel SUVs and electric ones going forward, since most manufacturers are looking at the markets and coming up with electric SUVs as their first and second products. Historically, the Teslas announced thus far have all been normal (if large) cars (and a truck) and the Zoe and Leaf are subcompact or compact hatchbacks, but starting with the Jaguar i-pace everythings been SUVs down the line, except for the Honda e which is coming soon. Maybe I should also include the Golf-e which VW produced then stopped to produce the I.D.3 which to be honest still isn't a SUV. And the corsa-e/e208 which are still the same types of cars they always were if you remove the 'e', at least in terms of body style.

Actually it's not as bad as I thought. Those are quite big hitters in the non-SUV category of electric cars. But all of the small players from Jaguar to MG and Rivian and more seem to be coming out with an SUV first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back