Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7. Sega CD

• 8. Other

• Total voters

E

extremegamer

I was just curious as to what other people thought was the most horrible game system of all time. I would have to chose the Game.com

If you pick other, name what system it is and why plz.

I would say 3DO, the reason why it was the worst is because at the time of launch it was well marketed as the next big thing (I remember Bad Influence really biggin this one up), but failed to bring big games to the machine. In other words it could have been great, but ultimately fell flat on its face kind of like the Amiga CD32.

Actually come to think of it the Amiga CD32 was a bit a of a stinker too! With a trusted brand name you would have thought it could have made money hand over fist. I have no idea why this one bit the dust, can anyone enlighten me?

The gamemate looks like the other versions of the Supervision, as for the Phantom, i didn't even know that thing was released yet.

In regards to the 3do, the 3do had quite a few quality games, but the price tag on it, $700 at release, didn't help and it didn't last long enough for developers to unleash its full potential.

theres abserlutly no way the cd32 was worst system i had an keyboard and disk drive for it so it doubles as a A1200 the games it had were cool too. it was too expensive thats why it never took off, but i did my part, i have 2! lol

On the poll i never owned any of those sytems so its hard for me to say.

lizard808uk posted on Jul 30 2004 at 01:09 PM said:
Actually come to think of it the Amiga CD32 was a bit a of a stinker too! With a trusted brand name you would have thought it could have made money hand over fist. I have no idea why this one bit the dust, can anyone enlighten me?
I'm guessing the lack of 3D hardware had something to do with it - And the fact that there almost no games was specifically designed for this system.

I read that it actually did have an additional costum-chip called Akiko, which the Amiga 1200 didn't have... but no games were designed that actually used <_<

I myself have a CD32 hooked up to my TV in the livingroom - But I use it mainly because I have 200-games CD in it, containing mostly ordinary Amiga games.

Last edited by a moderator:
3DO actually had some good games for it. I enjoyed all the games I was able to purchase for it, like Shockwave and especially one of my favorite games of all time, Star Control 2. The PC version really doesn't do it justice, and only now can everyone enjoy the 3DO experience with the open-source version.

:eek: Aww, c'mon! 8%! Burn Cycle on the CDi was amazing! not to mention 7th Guest! the CDi had some great games

The only real problem with it was its unbelivable price!

I have never seen any of those systems anywhere. I recognize some names, because I read that there exist emulator for them, but that's it.

Back