Pandora Writing to home dir (NAND) from PND

gruso

thunderbox
Website
pandorapress.net
From the wiki:

Note: At the latest as of Pandora OS release Zaxxon with Hotfix 6, changing the HOME variable to point to the PND working directory is not necessary anymore as the OS takes care of changing the HOME variable of a PND session's variable environment. (Info from Skeezix)

This is good. But what if you need to write there? Is there an override you can add to the PXML, or a particular path you need to use?

Can't you just re-assign the $HOME var ?

Code:
THEUSER = `whoami`;

HOME = ~/"$THEUSER";

Or something like this?

IIRC it was changed to provide a different environment variable which points to the "real" $HOME. If you have a look at the script "pnd_run.sh" you will see that you can find the real home dir as "$REAL_HOME".

I'm still somewhere below novice when it comes to scripting. Even if I had looked there, I don't think it would have spoken to me. ;) I do learn a little more each time though.

So I think I killed my NAND as I was normally booting from there. I've setup an SD card to boot from, but was wondering how to go about rewriting the NAND while booting from SD card. Can anyone walk me through this, as I've never had to do this before, but am also considering changing my configuration of things to boot from SD card and make the NAND a rescue/backup type of thing. So instructions on how to go about that would be greatly appreciated, I've done some searching but nothing specific I've found.

During the SD Installer process, I put the rootfs and SD installer.pnd on one SD card using a backup Pandora. The other I used was blank. I'd like to boot from SD with a 64GB card, and perhaps have all my OS/Gaming stuff on that card, my 2nd card is just music/video/photos, and I'd like to keep it that way. I don't want to be caught with my pants down in the future, so am wondering about the safest way to set this up.

Hope I'm not hijacking here. I'm total NOOB with this kinda stuff as I normally booted from NAND, had one SD for PNDs and Gamng, the other SD for music/video/photo. Open to suggestions.

^

I tried reflashing, but the option to boot from SD card would never show up holding R & Sliding power switch.

Just hold R, not power switch. If it's still not showing, experiment with another SD, make sure it's freshly formatted, and check the md5 of your firmware download to confirm it's good.

(Just to confirm, this is the firmware you need to download and extract to SD for the flash).

As a bit of side info, how access the NAND when running from SD:

http://pandorawiki.o...Access_the_NAND

That's just some trivia really; it's not the ideal route to repairing the NAND filesystem.

Last edited by a moderator:
1.5 should be fine, just wanted to make sure you were using the right kind of package (as you mentioned the SD installer, and the rootfs you download for that will not, AFAIK, work for doing a NAND flash.)

None the less it won't hurt to use the HF6 image I linked as a control test.

Back