Release Xargon

Hi all !

Just finished Episode 2 with High Score: 214855 :)

I had some slight FPS issues with the last two levels though...

@ ptitSeb: would you be interested in my saved games in order to check that out ?

On my way to Episode 3 now, yeah !

Cheers, Magic Sam

Hi all !

Just finished Episode 2 with High Score: 214855 :)

I had some slight FPS issues with the last two levels though...

@ ptitSeb: would you be interested in my saved games in order to check that out ?

On my way to Episode 3 now, yeah !

Cheers, Magic Sam
FPS issue? Yes I'm interrested in a savestate as I didn't expected any speed issue on this one.

Here you go, save states attached to this post :)

For example, load up the saved game named "sam 2 13" and enter the "Hidden Forteress" level. You should notice some slowdowns in both the animation and the sound. At least this is what happens on my Rebirth at stock speed (600 MHz) when there's a lot going on on screen.

As you can see, those are pretty minor issues, which couldn't stop me from playing, but I'm certainly a demanding bastard :p

@ ptitSeb: thank you very much for your hard work, this is as always really appreciated :)

Cheers, Magic Sam

Attachments

• xargon-savestates.tar.gz
    7.9 KB · Views: 335
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks ptitSeb for doing this port. I'm glad people are enjoying the game.

I own the copyright for the game and have released the entire trilogy as freeware. The source code is also released as freeware. I am perfectly fine with people creating ports of the game and using all the assets for those ports. What I do not authorize is someone taking the assets and creating a new game.

Allen Pilgrim, Game Designer/Programmer of "Kiloblaster" and "Xargon." Game Design for "Super ZZTs: Monster Zoo"

Back