Xbak 0.1.3

Pickle

Mega GP Mania
Website
Visit site
Guido author of xBak put out a release a little while ago.
xBaK is a fan-made remake of the classic Sierra computer RPG "Betrayal at Krondor" running on linux. xBaK is basicly a game engine, that uses the data files that came with the original game by Sierra Online. You should already have your own copy of "Betrayal at Krondor", the required data files are NOT distributed with xBaK. The xBaK engine is licensed under the GPL. xBaK is being developed on linux, using SDL for portability.

Link to the new version Here

Ive taken the latest code and finished polishing up the joystick handling. Controls are as follows:
Stick move the cursor
Shoulders act as mouse buttons, the right shoulder also increases the cursor movement.
The A,B,X,Y act as arrow keys, only useful in the 3d mode.

The file should be accessible through the link in my sig below, once the file is approved. It will include binaries for GP2X and windows. SDL_sound still does not work for the GP2X build so it was left out. Everything works for the windows build.

Have a lot of fun!

Heres the offical changelog:

2007-10-24, xbak-0.1.3:
* Basic inventory handling now works.
* Rewrote dragging and dropping widgets using events.
* Implemented saving image resources (BMX, SCX files).
* Added compression methods.
* Added a tool for extraction and archiving of resources.
* Started adding a little code documentation (Doxygen format).
* Several bug fixes.

Thanks for this release... but what is it?
Please always put a short description (and sceenshot if possible) of your release in the newspost to improve readability of the website! thanks!

STTrife said:
Thanks for this release... but what is it?
Please always put a short description (and sceenshot if possible) of your release in the newspost to improve readability of the website! thanks!
Sorry assumed most everyone might have known what it was since this the second release. Ill add some more info to the first post

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice game! I played this back in the day. It was pretty fun, but i remember it being pretty hard. Maybe now that i'm not 10, i'll be a little better at it :rolleyes:

Thanks for your effort! Its always good to have another reason to dig out the gp2x

hicksman said:
Very nice game! I played this back in the day. It was pretty fun, but i remember it being pretty hard. Maybe now that i'm not 10, i'll be a little better at it :rolleyes:

Thanks for your effort! Its always good to have another reason to dig out the gp2x
Be aware its in alpha stage, its not a playable game yet.

Eclipse said:
I loved that game!!! please don't stop and add also touchscreen support if you can!
It should be possible, I might take a look at that example code posted at some point. I would have to get someone with a F200 to assist in testing as I dont have one and dont foresee getting one anytime soon.

Pickle said:
It should be possible, I might take a look at that example code posted at some point. I would have to get someone with a F200 to assist in testing as I dont have one and dont foresee getting one anytime soon.

yep, other guys and i posted that code, we did it run on #gp2x irc channel on efnet, was made very quickly because i needed something fast for a game i'm coding so it could have something like about a 5-7 pixel error on some gp2x, i'll update it with a more precise one that took the calibration values from the firmware util too but i think it could already fit this project very well!

Back