Xmas Advice

Goity said:
sataniC Virus said:
Seems like you have problems reading.

'other eighteen or so reviews' - please do show

'disregard those because they don't agree with your train of thought' - i stated an opinion and provided an opinion from a magazine

'Well... go and play Kameo like the rest of your kind' - em, no comment needed

'Remember that all reviewers are biased' - then why base your argument on "eighteen or so reviews"

'From what you've seen? Just what have you seen? Have you ever even played on a ps3?' - yes, pretty obvious from comments above

'It's quite clear that Games TM are playing fanboy when they say that the reused areas in TP help familiarity (?) but in Ratchet they are just rubbish.' - intitled to your own opinion, but contradicting yourself regarding magazine reviews.

Simply offering advice on a topic brings out the fanboys in some inexperienced people - may you look back and laugh in years to come. Enjoy your youth while you still have it. I have no particular favourites over any console manufacturers but go by the quality of the software produced. If you are at a stage of playground bantering then by all means have fun with your friends, but do not take it online in an open forum. If you like the game Ratchet & Clank for PS3 then great, but learn to remember that others are entitled to opinions too.

This thread was seeking advice and opininions, so if you can't offer any without unhelpfully proving yourself a fanboy , then you should probaby just stay quiet - you might learn something.

All reviewers are biased... just not necessarily in the same ways, which is why you should look at a list of them like on metacritic. It's really not obvious you have used a ps3, considering you say you have a psp, but the rest of everything else you say comes from gamestm. As for the other 18 or so reviews, just look on the link I provided.
I can wrap up the rest of your argument by saying okay, you're old. Congratulations?

Amusing and irritating now. So you like the game, well done! Metacritic - a source of many reviews including magazines (platform and independent) along with websites ~ (fanboy and independent) = ?? The fact I commented on my friend having Heavenly Sword, and having seen it, i thought it was pretty obvious i have played a PS3. I never said I played the game, I am not a fan of generic 3-d platformers. From videos i have seen nothing has changed to convince me to like it.

Getting tired now and a bit pissed off, I do not have preferences for any platform, DO I NEED TO SPELL THAT SLOWLY FOR YOU?

You say I am old, a completely subjective comment with no backup - does not add to your 'argument'. In fact, summing the majority of 'my argument' due to my age is pure avoidance of the matter. The fact I may have X number of years more than you with games experience only lessens your position. If it is not already clear to YOU, I don't give a crap what you think R&C is, or your views on PS3 - you are entitled to them. The market speaks for itself, and you cannot produce 'facts' to show otherwise. PS3 sales of hardware and games are behind in 2 out of 3 main territories the majority of weeks, and will likely remain so until some top games are released for the system. Believe it or not, the majority of the games buying public have an opinion that differs from yours. Regardless, it is completely a personal chice. If you prefer the PS3 right now then why the fuck is there a problem?

R&C may be a decent game - but i have not read or seen anything to show it could not have been done on a previous platform (notwithstanding HD graphics which is a given).

And FFS I was giving an opinion to some other kid who wondered what to get for christmas. Give some constructive advice to them of go post in another topic if you have nothing decent to add.

I would welcome a debate on this, but your replies to date have indicated an inability on your part for objective reason. Maybe try and improve Phishy or improve Tyrannosphere for F200 instead. Fair play for your involvement to the homebrew community but don't ruin it with pointless 'arguments'.

Last edited by a moderator:
As far a what games I'm getting at the mo for xmas, all I'm getting is Mass Effect, RE:UC and Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 (not sure why I'm asking for that). Not getting SMG or MP3 as I bought them myself (and have just completed MP3 last night.)

The only thing that worries me about getting another console is that I'm off to uni after this coming summer and because my bro only really plays 360, it's like to just sit and gather dust while I'm away, my Wii included because he doesn't know how to work it. The main reasons I want a 60Gb PS3 and not a 40Gb one are the wireless and, although limited, the PS2 compatibility as I got rid of my PS2 before many of the good games came out. There aren't many games on the PS3 I want but I would love to try R&C, Resistance, Uncharted and Motorstorm and at that, I think it warrants a purchase. Think I'll just say to my mother that if she can get one cheap enough with a few games, then get me it. If not, it doesn't matter.

@ Satanic -I can see something that is in R&C that could not have been done on the PS2. SIXAXIS motion sensing. It is required to play the game in some sections. Also the amount of things happening on the screen at once and the size of the worlds in the game. The only reason people say its like the ps2 games is because they have stuck to the formula they used for the first game and as they say if it aint broke dont fix it.

As for heavenly sword it had one of the best stories and some of the best acting I have ever seen in a game. It also has amazing visuals and the game play is intence and varied. Especially the bits with the cannons and arrows. I would be holding my breath at the last little second where you are not sure if your about to hit your target it or not.
True it only takes 4 hours to complete (If you bypass all the cutscenes) but theres nothing stopping you going back and experiencing it all again like a movie.

I would never buy a game based on reviews. Ive nearly missed out on games that I really like just because a reviewer said it was poo

Ganepark32 said:
The only thing that worries me about getting another console is that I'm off to uni after this coming summer and because my bro only really plays 360, it's like to just sit and gather dust while I'm away, my Wii included because he doesn't know how to work it. The main reasons I want a 60Gb PS3 and not a 40Gb one are the wireless and, although limited, the PS2 compatibility as I got rid of my PS2 before many of the good games came out. There aren't many games on the PS3 I want but I would love to try R&C, Resistance, Uncharted and Motorstorm and at that, I think it warrants a purchase. Think I'll just say to my mother that if she can get one cheap enough with a few games, then get me it. If not, it doesn't matter.
If you had a PSP you could set it up to remote to your ps3 and play your ps3 games on the psp (not sre what games this works with as I dont have a psp). If you wanted to change game you cold phone your brother and ask him to slot it in the drive.

Im not sure but I think that the 40gb still has wireless.

Ganepark32 said:
As far a what games I'm getting at the mo for xmas, all I'm getting is Mass Effect, RE:UC and Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 (not sure why I'm asking for that). Not getting SMG or MP3 as I bought them myself (and have just completed MP3 last night.)

Was going to suggest a HDTV but not sure if you have already got one. I havn't got a ps3 so cant really recommend but if you want to get it because of all the previous ps2 games then that sounds good as well. Probably want to check the compatibility list to check for the games you are interested in. Perhaps a laptop for uni? (With a dedicated graphics card ofcourse) ;)

foleyjo said:
@ Satanic -I can see something that is in R&C that could not have been done on the PS2. SIXAXIS motion sensing. It is required to play the game in some sections. Also the amount of things happening on the screen at once and the size of the worlds in the game. The only reason people say its like the ps2 games is because they have stuck to the formula they used for the first game and as they say if it aint broke dont fix it.

As for heavenly sword it had one of the best stories and some of the best acting I have ever seen in a game. It also has amazing visuals and the game play is intence and varied. Especially the bits with the cannons and arrows. I would be holding my breath at the last little second where you are not sure if your about to hit your target it or not.
True it only takes 4 hours to complete (If you bypass all the cutscenes) but theres nothing stopping you going back and experiencing it all again like a movie.

I would never buy a game based on reviews. Ive nearly missed out on games that I really like just because a reviewer said it was poo

Ganepark32 said:
If you had a PSP you could set it up to remote to your ps3 and play your ps3 games on the psp (not sre what games this works with as I dont have a psp). If you wanted to change game you cold phone your brother and ask him to slot it in the drive.

Im not sure but I think that the 40gb still has wireless.

I agree with this person, though the arrow sections in HS are bloody hard; I only usually manage one shield in them. As for the 40gb, it has wireless, but the BC of the 60gb isn't that bad as it sounds; everything I have put in plays flawlessly.
However, the remote play isn't brilliant for games. The only bluray game that works is lair, and without sixaxis you can't complete it. Remote play is good for media, but not for games right now.

@ Uprising - Yeh, I already have a HDTV. Got it a few months back after my tv blow up. Wasn't too expensive either. 32" hdtv, digital ready tv with freeview for £299.99. And I'll be getting my own personal laptop come my birthday in may and it'll need a decent graphics card because it's architecture I'm going to be doing so it'll need to run several different 3d programs smoothly.

I've gone ahead and asked my mother for the PS3 and to get it with Motor Storm and Resistance, seeing as you can get it no a deal in my local gamestation for £329.99 which isn't too bad. If I get it, I'll pick up R&C after xmas. But I have said if she can't get one to not bother with it at all. Don't want her to fork out a truck load of money to get me one. Would feel a bit bad if that happened. She did it to get my Wii but I play that all the time so it's not too bad.

Goity & foleyjo - got a bit 'passionate' about this last night - Sorry!! I actually agree with a lot of the comments.

Gamepark32 - Motor Storm is an awesome game (I'll admit that one! ;) ) Enjoy it!!

Back