Yay, Try The Demo Of My 2nd Game!

Quiest posted on Mar 5 2005 at 11:41 PM said:
Why don`t you try to understand the code you`re looking at, instead of doing just c&p?
Take some bids out of it, look what thay do, try to mess around with them. That`s what I do.

Damn right, especially since my game explains EVERYTHING that it's doing, you could add new graphics, finish off the collition detection (ie, make it so you die instead of having minus energy), and have your very own game (although it would be a bit crappy if that's ALL you did).

Last edited by a moderator:
Quiest posted on Mar 6 2005 at 12:41 AM said:
Why don`t you try to understand the code you`re looking at, instead of doing just c&p?
Take some bids out of it, look what thay do, try to mess around with them. That`s what I do.

when i said i c&p it was like a week and a half ago but i do read it now but not yet tried your 1 again...

Last edited by a moderator:
So, finally
can we stay on topic now?
Can you please stop spamming (or posting), charga_man?

I opened this thread to get feedback some feedback on the game, what you like on it and what you don`t like, not let my self getting convinced in doing tutorials, and reading your posts about people not able to copy and paste...

I just played Bouncy Paint and even though I'm crap at it, it's fun, I like drawing a line right through the ball, try it!

I can't wait for the extra levels'n'STufF.

What method did you use for bouncing and angles? I ask, because I noticed that the ball can only go in four directions. I'm not putting your game down, I just noticed it and wondered if you were going to make the physics more "breakout-ish".

LA!

I'm impressed.

BYEEEEE!!

PS: Add some mod music, it'll take you longer to choose which music you want than adding the code (see my crappy tech demos for some code to have music).

Yeah, I have chosen the music already, but didn`t want to implement it in the demo.

And, yes there are "physic issues": Its hard to make correct boundaries for touching the little paintpoints, so I just reverse the y speed (yspeed*=-1 :D )

I`m definately not going to make the physics more "breakout-ish", until I know if there is better method of handling the collision (the ball can be all around on of those paint points, you have to think off if if the x and y speed are < or > zero, and there are so many paintpoints.

For example if you paint an L shape and the ball hits the horizontal part you have to reverse the x speed, but how does it know if the ball hits the side of the paintpoint?

I tried different methods I thought off maybe they work, but finaly ended up letting you only draw horizontal lines.
Well, again, hard for me to explain, but I came to no solution yet, if I do, I will be happy :D

Wow- a very impressive demo youve created Quiest, thank you. This is a pretty damn fun and challenging game! Only reccomendations i can make are more related to what you may have in store (this is according to the readme). Level variation, music, and perhaps some improved graphics in the future would make this one hellofa game. Perhaps most importantly though would be the additoin of power-ups, hopefully inventive ones that can play off the drawing aspect of the game, though I realize this would be very difficult. I hope you keep up with this one; its a fresh idea that shows lots of promise.

Back