Yeahhhhh!!!

OmarNawaz

im so bloody happy i just got my blu this morning, but i haven't recieved my 512 card so i have to satisfy myself with just looking at it.

I am getting my card soon so how is snes emulation now the last time i tried was like a year and a half ago how much faster has it got?

Does zelda run at deent speed?

OmarNawaz posted on Jul 13 2004 at 05:34 PM said:
im so bloody happy i just got my blu this morning, but i haven't recieved my 512 card so i have to satisfy myself with just looking at it.

I am getting my card soon so how is snes emulation now the last time i tried was like a year and a half ago how much faster has it got?

512? You do know that you can only use up 128 MB cards in the GP32 right?

Pink spider beat me to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
OmarNawaz posted on Jul 13 2004 at 11:34 AM said:

crap...i think you got a secure digital card...smart media cards (what the gp32 uses) are only up to 128mb... :lol:

if this is the case...someone needs to move this to lol files... :lol:

(Answering original question) SNES now totally kicks the ass of its former self, reaching full speed at about fs2 w/o sound, probably more depending on game. However, Mega Drive emulation has actually surpassed this, some games do fs0 w/o sound. Z80 sound is still not publicly supported, though. If you have a 166MHz-capable GP32 you're certainly in for a treat!

zelda runs awesomely
and when gp advanced gets to a playable level you'll be able to play the upgraded gba version

ouch, hope you have a compatible camera for that 512 card :s

DOAAAAHH!! i just checked it your right the smartmedia and sd were on the same page was wondering why it was so bloody expensive :blink: a lesson to myself not purchase things over the net while drunk.

edit: just read the rest of the post and had a look around the forum its been a while and the place is buzzin nicer to see gp32 getting the attention it deserves.

Snes emulation YESSS! Megadrive hehhehahah GBA :eek:
........LINUX.........(has a spasm and passes out)

forgive my stupidness but is it possible with a modified bios to use smc over 128mb

OmarNawaz posted on Jul 14 2004 at 07:29 PM said:
forgive my stupidness but is it possible with a modified bios to use smc over 128mb
SMCs don't run over 128MB, not the 3,3v ones the GP32 uses anyway. There is a xD -> SMC converter out there, but you'd have to modify the bios yes.

Secure Digital is not Smart Media, if you mean that. Tthere are no SMCs at 3.3v with greater then 128MB capacity to my knowledge. There is a rumored adapter which allows you to use greater capacity, but I doubt it.

hmmm what is the benefit of installing one of the modified firmwares is there extra functions.

There are four main Firmwares: Original Gamepark Firmware, European Gamepark Firmware, Pacrom, and Multifirmware.

Original Gamepark Firmware - Tried and tested, this has a MP3-Player built in, but you need Free Launcher to launch FXEs.

European Gamepark Firmware - No built-in MP3 player, and no need for Free Launcher anymore. The people that made the MP3 Player for the original Gamepark Firmware have released a MP3 Player program you can use with the European Gamepark Firmware (and all other firmwares).

Pacrom - A very miminalist firmware oriented towards developers and power users. You can scan all directories and all files, not limited to just .FXEs in gp:\gpmm. You can also set up Pacrom to automatically boot a FXE, a big draw to its allure.

Multifirmware: There are many different Multifirmwares, but they are basically the same: They allow you to boot more then one type of firmware. spiv's multifirmware has the original Gamepark Firmware + Pacrom + some development debug tools on it. There's also a European Gamepark Firmware version too. Aquafish's multifirmware has the European Gamepark Firmware + Pacrom + Wind-ups or YAFL (File Managers) and allows you to directly boot up FXEs or other Firmwares (BIN files). Aquafish's multifirmware also allows you to directly boot FXEs.

Really it all comes down to personal preference :) Personally, I am using Aquafish's Multifirmware v5.0.

Back