YINLIPS G18

There are emulators included on the device (N64, Genesis ...), but it seems you can't update them like this.

The main reason, why you can't update emulators like N64oid is, that they are removed since a few month from Google Market. You can buy it from Slideme market.

Or you just wait some days, until an realy open source N64 emulator is released. It's called mupen64plus- Android Edition.

http://www.paulscode.com/forum/index.php?topic=75.0

Just for interest, which emulators are installed on the stock device ? I bet they were bundled with the device without permission of the authors.

well I would say of course thats good but most ports to other platforms dont contribute anything back to us they just add touchscreen input etc.

I wonder if that mupen64plus is another port of Ari64's pandora work :/

Well, if it's OpenSource, it's a good thing, it might also improve our version :)

Yes, you can find the source on the first post of my link. Ofcourse it is developed with much help from Ari64. Kris (Metricity) who did the port of the WebOS port, has ported the rice plugin and provided his sources too.

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touchpad-homebrew/297966-n64-emulator-first-release.html

If you interestet how much, you can read here.

http://www.emutalk.net/threads/51821-Porting-Mupen64Plus-to-Android

Paul, the developer has asked for help to provide him with old sources from pandora's port, because it has bugfixes for some games. But they are not public anymore ?

And yes, the pandora can benefit from it. It's mupenplus core v 1.99.4. The pandora port is only 1.5, right ?

But for now it's slightly OT.

@ ED

I've started a thread about this emu a while back here.

http://forum.gp2x.de/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12793

@ Crazyhorse

What's wrong with your video that you've it deleted ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if that mupen64plus is another port of Ari64's pandora work :/

Well, if it's OpenSource, it's a good thing, it might also improve our version :)
Just to make this clear. Mupen64Plus is the original project. Ari64 created a new dynarec from scratch for this project. The current video plugin for the OpenPandora port of Mupen64Plus is a fork of glN64 which should have been replaced by arachnoid, a C++ port of glN64, due to licensing issues. The OpenPandora port is based on version 1.5. Upcoming version 2 has a new architecture and the GUI code was removed for the sake of platform independence. The Android port was not based on the OpenPandora port but on version 1.99.4 and includes the dynarec from Ari64.

so could the pandora port enherit any of the improvements i.e. mupen version, gfx plugin
Ari64's dynarec needs to be ported to the new 2.0 API for that to happen. It doesn't appear to be included in the current version of Mupen64Plus (it probably exists in some experimental branch). Patches from Android ports haven't been sent upstream. It will also require a new frontend (like the new wxWidgets frontend) for the Pandora.

are android port patches going to be sent back upstream?
That will depend on PaulsCode and other people that work on Android ports. The same goes for the WebOS port of Metricity. With this much fragmentation it's almost guaranteed that these authors will have no incentive to contribute to upstream.

so theyre gonna take our precious ari64 dynarec away from us, earn their quick buck off android and webos, but not help us get ours?

I think the only guy that earns money with Mupen64Plus is Yongzh. He was kicked from the Android app market due to copyright violations. In response he released part of the source (less than he was required by the GPL). Perhaps this new chinese handheld uses his port for N64 emulation.

the guy who "ported" mupen to webos using ari's dynarec, took on quite a nice chump of change from donations

There is a big difference, if you MUST pay a fixed amount for a software or you want to donate for someone.

What's your problem ? The sources are released, credits are given. You can download the Software for free and you can even be involved in the development.

In the case of the Android port, Ari himself helped Paul many times.

From the other side, why are all links to the source of the pandora port dead ? Why is there no interest in further development on the pandora port, since months ?

Both authors have released their sources just in time, accessable for everyone.

And again it's heavy OT now !

Releasing sources isn't going to help with upstream. Nobody is motivated to compare the source line by line to see if they made any improvements. People are supposed to send patches upstream. Paul is doing a nice job (albeit very slow) with his Android port. Although he intended to create a commericial frontend, I'm not sure if he abandoned his plans.

In my opinion this isn't "off topic". This chinese Android handheld is using a N64 emulator based on Mupen64Plus and Ari64's dynarec.

In my opinion this isn't "off topic". This chinese Android handheld is using a N64 emulator based on Mupen64Plus and Ari64's dynarec.

Yes, it's yongzh's version. And it has the old icon. That is most likely the first version, he released on slideme.

Another emulator, I see, is FPSE. It's closed source and not for free.

There are emulators included on the device (N64, Genesis ...), but it seems you can't update them like this.

The main reason, why you can't update emulators like N64oid is, that they are removed since a few month from Google Market. You can buy it from Slideme market.

Or you just wait some days, until an realy open source N64 emulator is released. It's called mupen64plus- Android Edition.

http://www.paulscode....php?topic=75.0

Just for interest, which emulators are installed on the stock device ? I bet they were bundled with the device without permission of the authors.

FPse 0.10.54, GBCoid 1.8.3, Gensoid 2.4.3, Nesoid 2.3.1, Tiger Arcade 3.0.3, Gameboid 2.4.7, N64oid 1.1.4, SNESoid 2.2.3

Back