Your Most Wanted Emulated Game On Pandora? (aka Friday Night Insomnia.

That's easy. Wild ARMs for the PSX.

Everything else I would like to play on the machine is fairly likely to be a given, thanks to the talented coders around here, so listing those things would be pointless.

jakshep2 said:
Beleive me, there are SO MANY games I would like to see emulated on this beast, I have chosen these in beleif of what an article on the net says about it's power - but here are my 5 :) :
(not in order of preference)

1. Resident Evil 4

2. Castlevania: SOTN or LOI

3. Super Mario 64

4. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

5. Sonic Adventure (DX)
Wheres this article? I would like to see it for myself, how dreamy people can be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I know this list is long but I think most people will agree with me.

Nintendo 64:

- Zelda Ocarina of Time
- Zelda Majora's mask
- F-Zero X
- Smash Bros
- Super Mario 64
- Mario Kart 64
- Perfect Dark
- Goldeneye

Playstation:

- Legend of Dragoon
- Metal Gear Solid
- Castlevania SOTN
- Resident Evil 1,2 & 3
- Final Fantasy VII & VIII

Others:
- There are lots of old school games I would like to play on Pandora, but I think they will be easily emulated so I'm not Worrying about them.

If I could see videos of Pandora with some of the above games I would undoubtedly buy it. So the only thing it needs (for me) is a great N64 emulator. I believe in devs & coders so I think it will be done.

For those who want diablo the psx port wasn't that bad, I remember playing it co-op with my friend.

All right the three games (Hard to pick between them) I want are:

Sonic 3K
Sonic R
Sonic CD
now I know the first one is easy but I Really want to push for Saturn Emulation just for Sonic R and I'm not sure about Sega CD Emulation but I'm willing to bet with Pandora's "Umph" it can be managed. I don't know about the state of Sega CD emulation on GP2X or PSP but if it works relatively well on those two i can just narrow it down to Sonic R

PS1: Legend of the Dragoon, Final Fantasy 7 / 8 and Omega Boost
N64: Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask
SNES: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy III
Genesis: Sonic 3
Other: Duke Nukem 3D

Either the PC version of Starcraft or failing that, the N64 one.

Love that game.

If thats not possible, Alien Breed 3d2 on the Amiga 1200.

PSX: I would love Team Buddies, Crash Team Racing, harvest moon btn.and a whole lot more i cant think of at the moment

N64: diddy kong racing, flightwings, harvest moon64.

I know it's a long shot, but I wanna see Nightmare Creatures 64. It was alot better graphically than the psx version.

Also games for ps1 like Medal of Honor 1+2, Spyro and Vagrant Story.

EDIT: This is the topic from beyond the grave :lol:

quadomatic said:
Ummm...probably Xenogears for PSX.

If Dreamcast were emulated, then probably Jet Grind Radio.
Cps3 sfIII3s with kaillera/p2p multiplayer support, or marvel vs capcom 2 in DC, though with Dreamcast emulation there would be soooo many games I'll want to play

EDIT: On a side note, will FInal Burn Alpha port for pandora be able to run kaillera multiplayer? Would be really nice.

Adventure island... super mario world... super mario 64... monkey island? There are too many great games, many I haven't even played yet. I'll look forward to trying out all these games I didn't play yet!

Oh man, the list is huge, but here are some of the goodies I'd like to see:

NES: Punch Out, Dragon Warrior, Karnov, Contra

SNES: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 3, Super Street Fighter, Earthbound, Super Contra, Super Star Wars

GBA: Fire Emblem, Street Fighter Alpha 3

Genesis: Shining Force, Zombies Ate My Neighbors

Saturn: Dragon Force, Panzer Dragoon Saga, Shining Force 3

Neo Geo Pocket Colour: SNK vs Capcom MotM, Metal Slug 1st Mission

PSX: Chrono Cross, FF Tactics, FF VII, Metal Gear Solid, Castelvania SOTN

But the top 2 games I'd like to see, and I hope it's possible to emulate on Pandora:

Chuck Yeager's Air Combat, and TIE FIGHTER!!!

The worst part is that this list could easily be 5 times as long...

Sonic Adventure 1 and 2, if anybody did that, I would donate like 200$ cuz AI love the game so much

Megadrive: Road Rash II - but I'm playing that already on my 2x!
SNES: Mario Cart - but I'm playing that already on my 2x!
Amiga: Knockout 2
Saturn: NiGHTS
Saturn/Dreamcast: Daytona, Sega Rally
C64: Little Computer People

Tobriand said:
I do remember the ending song and just how cheesy that was. I also remember being surprised at how short the game was (I seem to recall only four levels, though I could be very mistaken there), but seeing as I got it for £10, that wasn't too big a deal for me. Definitely a game I'd enjoy playing again, though :).

There were in fact 9 levels. There were 4 'main' levels which were different depending on weather you played as Elliott or the girl (I forget what she was called). The levels were set in the same areas but were laid out completely differently. I think there may also have been a couple of different bosses. After playing through the 4 levels you had to tackle the final zone, which was identical for both Elliott and the girl.

Playing as Elliott was the 'easy' way. Playing as the girl was the 'hard' way.

And the challenge was not simply completing the game, it was scoring an 'A' on every level!

Gamers were also treated to Christmas NiGHTs completely free. I believe it was on the front of the official SEGA magazine. It featured the first level of the game in Christmas decking (providing you were playing between 1st December and 1st January). It also featured an advent calender style system. After completing the level each day between 1st and 24th December you were entitled to a new treat. Some of them were crap, like pictures of NiGHTs, but some were pretty decent. There was a level where you played as sonic on the ground. There was also the complete second section of Elliott's third level which looped around endlessly. The point being that it this was the only section where it was possible to have an unbroken chain, and by looping round endlessly you were able to make as big a chain as you could concentrate for (think I managed something like 150. Can't remember it was so long ago now).

I think the game also had special decking if you played it at Easter. I can't remember 100% for sure.

With innovation like that it pained me to see people flock to the PS and it's ultimately dull (IMHO) catalog. Still, SEGA made as many mistakes as they came up with innovative ideas (if not more!) and they paid the price. The Dreamcast didn't really feature anything particularly innovative that I can remember. I bought mine years after they went out of production and that was for two reasons only (Daytona and Sega Rally).

Along came XBOXs and PS2s and PS3s. Games put realism in the way of playability. The amount of controls multiplied and you had to learn games before playing them.

Still at least the Wii is around now, and games are finally becoming innovative and fun again! I may even get myself one, after Pandora.

Pleng said:
(I forget what she was called)
Just off the top of my head (I never really liked the game all that much, I'm afraid :p), I believe the girl's name was Claris. I could be wrong, though. :p

Well, Mine would be either mario kart 64, or Diddy Kong Racing for N64. If Dreamcast were ever made I REALLY want Sonic Adventure 1 and 2.

Back