Zelda Twilight Princess

sliteist

Website
www.myspace.com
hello i want to tell everyone that the game is not 70 hours as Nintendo claim... i finished the game today... yesterday i mean.... at about 32 or 33 hours.. please fogive me im a little drunk...
as the game will not let you save after completion it is hard to tell my exzact time... i must add that this was my first time through i played without guide and did not complete all the side quests.

Took me about 60-65 hours taking my time and doing most of the side quests, going back on my last save and finishing off the side quests and spending time doing mini games I am up to about 88 hours.

this maybe a sign of how crap i am at games but it took me about seven hours to complete the first level (killed the boss and got the wind boomerang thing) i also am not keen on games that take hours on hours to complete, more of a chore than fun.

Sounds about right. You dont have to complete everything if your the kind of person who just wants to finish the game. But if you want to waste time, its there.

They should word these things differently though. "Up to 70~ worth of playtime" instead of just "70 hours". But thats marketing.

So far I'm at 8 hours and I've only beat the Forest Temple and restored light to 2 lands. But I'm taking my time, and trying to get all secrets and side quests.

i think im on about 15 hours. I dont like games that take too long i hope this dosnt take too long !
Agreed. The only long game (50+ hours) that really kept me interested until the end was Skies of Arcadia (Actually, I was sad when that one ended...).

But if the 70 hour mark is reached with side quests, that's fine. I don't usually do side quests unless I really enjoy a game, which isn't common.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm on about 10 hours, some way through the second temple after leaving the forest.

But to be honest most of that was spent trying to figure out how to get the fucking cat back to its grumpy sodding owner. We'd caught a fish right next to it but it didn't take it for some reason. So we spent ages trying loads of stupid ideas (hit it with the hawk) before we tried the same thing again...ta da! :blink:

Other than that, good game. Enjoying it so far. I still think I'll prefer A Link to the Past, but this one could be the best 3D Zelda yet.

I'm on about 10 hours, some way through the second temple after leaving the forest.

But to be honest most of that was spent trying to figure out how to get the fucking cat back to its grumpy sodding owner. We'd caught a fish right next to it but it didn't take it for some reason. So we spent ages trying loads of stupid ideas (hit it with the hawk) before we tried the same thing again...ta da! :blink:

Other than that, good game. Enjoying it so far. I still think I'll prefer A Link to the Past, but this one could be the best 3D Zelda yet.
you catch two fishes next to it, gawd, you nub

note: I had to use the guide :p

Ooh, it was so obvious! Of course a cat will only run back to its owner after two fish...that's just totally logical. :rolleyes:

Thankfully it's been more or less plain sailing since then. Can't wait to get a proper fishing rod with a reel, because fishing kinda sucks at the moment.

I finished it in 30 hours. Got stuck only once with the cat at the start. After that it was pretty clear where to go. Have to say though, the gamecube version looks much better than the wii version. I have the wii version and i completed it on gamecube and the graphics are much better on the gamecube. The rupees shine in the light and in the twilight really well and the sword shines much better. The wii version is much darker than the gamecube version.

Agreed. The only long game (50+ hours) that really kept me interested until the end was Skies of Arcadia (Actually, I was sad when that one ended...).

Skies was one of the BEST...RPGs... EVAR!!!!

I can't even explain it. It's got a pretty simple battle system. Nothing too fancy, just very old school. And yet, it was just AWESOME.

YADATROT: Currently on Goron Mountain

Back