Zombiepox2x V1.1-2

namco

Website
www.stupendous-stuff.com
The next version of zombiepox2x can be found here:

zombiepox2x

I've also submitted it to the file archive, and don't worry ED I've done it once! :p

Changes:

- The menu is a lot better and far more usable
- Added the original readme
- Put a more correct version number on it
- You only have one gpe file to execute
- The pause button problem is fixed (press A to pause, Press B to continue and press X to quit the game
- The map is remapped to the L button but isn't fully toggable yet
- The top part of the map is now more fully viewable

About the music problem: You can replace DUMB by mikmod, I did the same for my Alex 4 port (you can look at the source code).

Thanks for that. I will have a look tonight.

Blacksoul did give me the libs for DUMB and they work, but zombiepox won't play the music - for some reason. I know the libs do work as I'm currently in the process of porting rafkill - a Raptor: Call to Shadows clone, which again is allegro and DUMB, and the music played straight away for that one.

For the next release I'm hoping to remap buttons to the start/select to make things easier and the map will be togglable.

Thanks for the game! I've had the previous release on my SD for a few days, and it runs very smooth. The perfect-fit resolution makes it look very nice on the GP2X screen.

Needless to say, I still didn't get past 6PM (2nd level) :( The damn brains keep bouncing off the tomb stones in the wrong directions... leave it to Alex to doom mankind.

Looking forward to the new version with the toggleable map :)

Back