Zx Speccy Vs. C64!

Take it youve got one of those cassette tape shaped line in adaptors then btw? Got one myself, keep meaning to convert some TZX's back to WAVs and CDs myself ever since I saw a guy at the Classic Gaming Expo this year demonstrating it working on a +2. Or have you simply connected a CD player to the line in socket on a pre Amstrad Spectrum?

It took me a while to get this working but I used an application called WinTzx which converted .tzx files to .voc files (leaving the WinTzx setting exactly as they are by default). I then burnt the .voc files to CD using WinAmp as this was the only thing on my PC that was capable of doing this. To play the CD, I had to use a portable CD player when I had hoped to use a Diskman, but the Diskman was not loud enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Frolik: Yes, I know it was also for the C64, thats why I said there was no conversion for any >8bit computer, meaning 16bits and higher ;)
Draconus is cool, I have finished it about ten times and surely I will again. I also finished it on the GP32 so I can at least say it works perfectly in the A800 emulator.

Back