10 Games Coming Out.....

DeathSoul

Still Fresh
so what do you guys think of it? 10 games. better then nothing.
and a contest.

hope there some what good.

wonder what the cost would be for them.

GPH said that 10 commercial games will be released in the future. More info at the gp2x.com support board.

What's wrong with lawn mowing games? Hover Bovver 2 on the pocket pc is one of the greatest handheld games I've ever played.

"Awww, fluffy sheepie"

Wow Reply box looks better.....

Oh 3 of the games will be "enbodied as 3D" sounds good to me :)

Paradox posted on Apr 12 2006 at 07:41 PM said:
where did GPH say this?

From the suport section:

178 re master 04-11-2006 97
Hello,

Regarding commercial games,around 10 games are being developed at the moment.

7 of them are puzzle and an arcade games like PAC Man.and 3 of them are simulation game,horror adventure and RPG games which is embodied as 3D.

Furthermore we plan to hold GP2X game contest soon.so we think there will be more games in the the second half of the year .

Thanks,

Anna

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of commercial games, what happened to the games that Int13 were doing? Or did that fall apart or they're not interested anymore or what?

Ravnos posted on Apr 13 2006 at 12:53 AM said:
Speaking of commercial games, what happened to the games that Int13 were doing? Or did that fall apart or they're not interested anymore or what?
Int13 are comunicating with GPH to have the DRM for there's games.

Paradox posted on Apr 13 2006 at 04:56 AM said:
oh goody! let's boycott them :eek:, nah, i'll probably still buy them. I wonder how they'll come.

DRM to prevent making copies of a game that only runs on one system is nothing like DRM that prevents you from say, making a legal copy of your DVDs to play on your '2x or a copy of your music CDs to listen to as Mp3's on your computer. And it's only logical. My partners and I will probably employ some form of it to keep our work safe when we release commercial versions of our games too. The last thing anyone needs is to develop a game then have 1 person buy it and 1000 people bootleg it when you're already on a shoestring budget.

Epicenter posted on Apr 13 2006 at 10:52 PM said:
oh goody! let's boycott them :eek:, nah, i'll probably still buy them. I wonder how they'll come.

DRM to prevent making copies of a game that only runs on one system is nothing like DRM that prevents you from say, making a legal copy of your DVDs to play on your '2x or a copy of your music CDs to listen to as Mp3's on your computer. And it's only logical. My partners and I will probably employ some form of it to keep our work safe when we release commercial versions of our games too. The last thing anyone needs is to develop a game then have 1 person buy it and 1000 people bootleg it when you're already on a shoestring budget.

But then what happens if a year or two from now your GP2X breaks and you have to replace it? What happens if the ones that made the games have moved on to something else and can't be contacted? I would be real pissed if I spent alot of money on games only to have them stop working because I had to replace my system. That seems real unfair to users to have the thought of potentially loosing all of their games. Even if the game makers can be contacted imagine the hassle of e-mailing a bunch of places and begging them to let you use the game that you already paid for. Too many ways for the user to get screwed. DRM bad.

DaveC posted on Apr 14 2006 at 01:53 AM said:
Epicenter posted on Apr 13 2006 at 10:52 PM said:

But then what happens if a year or two from now your GP2X breaks and you have to replace it? What happens if the ones that made the games have moved on to something else and can't be contacted? I would be real pissed if I spent alot of money on games only to have them stop working because I had to replace my system. That seems real unfair to users to have the thought of potentially loosing all of their games. Even if the game makers can be contacted imagine the hassle of e-mailing a bunch of places and begging them to let you use the game that you already paid for. Too many ways for the user to get screwed. DRM bad.

2 years? people's gp2x's are breaking right and left and being replaced every day.

yes but as epicenter said, this is more about making sure that the people who play the game, bought the game. this is not like sony-bmg deciding they don't want their cds to work with itunes or some such nonsense. given that it will be such a niche market (commercial gp2x games), there's already a chance that the investment won't be made back. not having some form of security = asking to get screwed.

i for one look forward to the commercial games, drm and all. i'll buy them as soon as they're out. if something happens to my gp2x in 5 years...well i'll just have to learn how to crack it then won't it? :)

and just for the record, i cannot put into words how much i fucking loathe the recording industry. this is different.

Anybody ever bought a commercial DVD? How about a major pc game release? A console game? Did you have problems playing these on more than one machine? I'll bet you didn't. Guess what, the majority of them used some form of DRM.

Turambar posted on Apr 14 2006 at 10:56 PM said:
Anybody ever bought a commercial DVD? How about a major pc game release? A console game? Did you have problems playing these on more than one machine? I'll bet you didn't. Guess what, the majority of them used some form of DRM.

Are you talking crack?

DRM is a whole bunch of methods for managing ownership that is similar to PKI 5-10 years ago. It's vastly different from DVD encryption or the typical video game protection system.

Back