128gb SDXC Card?

It's possible, but unless somebody else has bought one I don't think anybody will know for certain.  

The prices are certainly in the realm of plausibility to give it a try and still find another use for them if they don't work as expected for whatever reason.

Don't forget that the format is likely to be exFAT out of the box, so it'll require some 'fancy' formatting work to get it into a Pandora readable format.  Or install the exFAT pnd that adds the drivers to support exFAT.

I tested a Sandisk Extreme 128 GB class 10 recently.  Used gparted to make it ext2 and it worked then gparted to make it fat32 and I now have everything from two full 64 GB cards on one 128 GB SanDisk Extreme.  (Makes picking my OS flavor for the day much easier)

Last edited by a moderator:
I tested a Sandisk Extreme 128 GB class 10 recently.  Used gparted to make it ext2 and it worked then gparted to make it fat32 and I now have everything from two full 64 GB cards on one 128 GB SanDisk Extreme.  (Makes picking my OS flavor for the day much easier)
I bought the same card last week. (128 GB Sandisk Extreme class 10 (45 MB/s marking)) and can confirm it works great! Was exFat but also used gparted to format. (fat32)

Only thing is I can't seem to boot from it, the boot from sd option doesn't show when booting while holding R with this card inserted. But I only use normal pandora os so it's fine, besides I could always use the other card if I wanted that.

hmm' haven't tried to boot from mine.  Don't know that I need to but doing it successfully would be nice.  I have very strange success rates when it comes to booting from SD.

I bought the same card last week. (128 GB Sandisk Extreme class 10 (45 MB/s marking)) and can confirm it works great! Was exFat but also used gparted to format. (fat32)

Only thing is I can't seem to boot from it, the boot from sd option doesn't show when booting while holding R with this card inserted. But I only use normal pandora os so it's fine, besides I could always use the other card if I wanted that.
No bot from big cards.

I think 16 or 32 GB is maximum.

Is that a solid limitation or can we create a small boot partition?  Pretty standard from old school linux IIRC.

I don't mean to troll or go too off topic but has anyone filled up their 64gb card yet? 

Nearly filled up booth of my 128 GB cards.

Only 15Gig free on the left card.

The right one has PanDebian, Slackware, Swap-Partition and rest Fat32.

I have about 40 PSX games, quite some music and University stuff.

I filled up my 32gb card in a few weeks. It's the SCUMMVM games and PSX games that take up so much rooting-tooting room. 

The bootloader is currently unable to read SDXC cards.

^^^^ That's really good to know, I wont waste my time trying.  However, you quoted me with something that I did not say.  Thank Burb for the troubleshooting.  (Prior to knowing the bootloader limitations)

Hello all. Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I was thinking of getting a 128GB card as my two 64GB ones are full... :eek:

The card I was thinking of is a 128 GB SDXC UHS-I card:
https://www.uk.insight.com/en-gb/productinfo/memory-cards/0005243035-00000001

although I may consider the 256 GB version for future proofing:

https://www.uk.insight.com/en-gb/productinfo/memory-cards/0005243067-00000001

I will not be booting from the card as it will have my /home directory alone, formatted using ext3 or similar. Does anybody here know whether this is likely to work? I note early mention in this thread about v3 vs v4 but there is no mention of such aspects on the web page.

Thank you.

Should work fine. I haven't had any issues with the multiple brands and large sizes of my cards.

Running dual UHS-1, Class 10, 256gb on the Pandora.

Was expensive, but I have 2x256gb, UHS-3, Class 10 waiting for the Pyra.

Wanted to add, a komputerbay 256 GB one used to work fine for 4 months until suddenly folders were missing (data loss ca 0.5 %) - got a refund on it, just gotten a faulty card. (This is why I am back to 128 GB lol)

If anyone else is using Komputerbay ones, are they still working for you, or did they also have problems?

Got it, it´s all full with my PS1 games now and no problems at all with formatting (FAT32), GParted, saving, loading and playing. Pandora CC, latest firmware.

Last edited:
Back