18/10+19/10 firmware updates: breaking compatibility (mistake?)

This is just a little glimpse of how thing will be if Pyra won't work with PNDs when it's out ;)

So, PND support out of the box for PYRA is of paramount importance.  The number of sale can significantly reduce if PND is not supported the very first day.
Having the ability to run PNDs out of the box is important, yes; but not "paramount" as you are saying. It's nice to have the app right when you need it, but in the long run I hope to have only Pyra-specific apps on my Pyra. It just doesn't make sense to use binaries which are compiled to run on an older chip, display on a smaller screen and using lots of RAM because they are loading older libs.

Think of wine here. It is an important app on Linux, but that' it; no linux distro will ship a Win32 web browser, mail client and photo editor packages with wine as dependency, even if these apps would run flawlessly.

Last edited by a moderator:
so after updating from the feeds again (apparently some more stuff got updated) and changing to sgx 4.03 things improved a lot (since I have a rebirth I changed the sgx driver back to 4.00), still testing...

update: ..its mostly good, pnd's are ok (except for jumanji), some weirdness with the icons (ugly, not scaling, solved with a new icon theme) and sometimes the system utilities (nub configuration, startup etc) disappear

Last edited by a moderator:
Back