2Nd Gp32Spain Gp2X-Wiz Contest: Results And Downloads

Posted by Anarchy @ gp32spain:

Here come the results and downloads of the second GP32Spain/Wiz programming contest.

Since we already have the results, I'm bringing forward the release date so everyone can enjoy them the sooner the better.

The download links include all game and emulator entries. They will later be available as separate downloads.

The maximum possible score is 50 points.
The results are as follows:

Emulators:
First prize: PCSX4ALL. 42,5 points.
Second prize: Ginge. 38 points.
Third prize: PocketSnes v7.0.0. 36,5 points.
Fourth prize: WS4ALL. 35 points.
Fifth prize: --Void---

Games:
First prize: Firewhip. 43,3 points.
Second prize: Guru Logic Champs. 38 points.
Third prize: Sqrxz. 36,5 points.
Fourth prize: Screen Break Time. 36 points.
Fifth prize: Zombie Sorbet. 33,1 points.

Other entries:
Agressive Pong. 20,7 points.
Before We Were Dead. 32,3 points.
Coapres. 33 points.
Coral Sea. 21,8 points.
Cubex. 32,7 points.
Fy.WoD!. 29,2 points.
Ken's Labyrinth. 29,5 points.
Operation Fenix. 22 points.
OTO Engine. 31 points.
Polarity. 22,7 points.
RotaCuadre. 19,3 points.
TankRobot. 25 points.
Wiz Shooter. 15,5 points.

Temporary download links:
Emulators: -> Download <-
Games: -> Download <-

We will be getting in touch with all participants during the next weeks asking for their postal addresses, so everyone can have their diplomas delivered (as long as they're interested).
Cash prizes will be sent after the total donated amount has been calculated, minus the fees Paypal charged us, plus donations received by bank transfer. I'm hoping to do all this during the rest of August.
Prizes consisting of consoles and accessories will be handled by GPH. They will get in touch with the winners to arrange shipping.

Thank you everyone for participating.

57bbaf0f24df723aa71bedd84a4fd827.jpg

AWESOME

Well done to all of the entrants, some amazing work here.

Oh boy. PSX emulator, possibly running at 29 fps? Um yeah!

Thank you contestants! So much!

*crosses fingers for save states*

Congratulations to all participants!!

BTW, Does anyone know, where to get demo of payback?? cuz I can't download it from the archive ("You do not have access to that function.
") and it's not on the gp2x.co.uk page(there's a non-working link...)

forces/before said:
Congratulations to all participants!!

BTW, Does anyone know, where to get demo of payback?? cuz I can't download it from the archive ("You do not have access to that function.
") and it's not on the gp2x.co.uk page(there's a non-working link...)

You have to register to download from the GP2X archive, that's what I did. I've tried 1 game on Ginge so far. Payback (full version) didn't work! Just gave me some horizontal lines then crashed.

Last edited by a moderator:
emjay said:
You have to register to download from the GP2X archive, that's what I did. I've tried 1 game on Ginge so far. Payback (full version) didn't work! Just gave me some horizontal lines then crashed.
I have Payback Version 1.1 - wot version do you have?

I had a feeling the emulators would win in that order. :)
Congrats to PCSX4all for bringing a fantastic new emulator to the Wiz scene, to GINGE for making a previous generation of GP2X software available, to PocketSNES for a significant performance improvement, and to WS4All for emulating an unsung handheld.

I saw a video of Firewhip a while ago and thought it looked pretty impressive, providing these all get subsequent Caanoo releases, I look forward to trying them all out.

Edit: Wow, this GINGE emulator looks very easy and straightforward to use, skinnable too.
Too bad I don't have a Wiz to test it on...

:SaS:*rbusa said:
I have Payback Version 1.1 - wot version do you have?

Version 1.11 (Full Version)

Exciting stuff! Thanks to everyone who entered. Had a good play with Ginge for some much sought after gp2x compatibility and am loving it. Also tried a couple of the games and really impressed with the level of quality. :)

Are the entries going to get uploaded to the Wiz archive?
We're still missing a few entries from the PACC compo: Dishes War, Snails, Adamant Armor Affection II & Undead Delivery Service. (Along with a few from other systems)

Cheers, Neil

Back