2Nd Review Case Should Arrive Soon.

chris_r said:
MiniSinisterMinister said:
There are maybe let's say 200 people (including myself) who want their Pandora now and who do not mind small dents, discoloration or the lack of silkscreening. Why don't you just put together a small run comprising serveral hundred units using "test-cases" and ship them to the people who do not want to wait any longer.
Because every electrical product sold in the UK has to have a minimum life (I think it's 12 months) and so for example if the screen hinge started breaking in hundreds of pandoras before the 12 months because it hadn't been tested, then the team would have to pay loads in replacements and/or legal fees.
As posted on the last page. Alsothere's the huge costs incured by having to set up the factory twice for 2 separate runs. Just running the factory once saves a lot of money

Last edited by a moderator:
keaft said:
It has come to my attention that only people with less than 50 posts on this forum are the only ones complaining, with few exceptions.

Does that mean that the more someone posts, the more they come to realize that they will be getting an amazing product, and the reason why the wait is taking so long is for a perfection of the amazing product?

Probably it means that even the people who are usually content to keep their mouths shut and not say anything are finaly being irritated to the point of speaking out.

Every project has a few super-enthusiasts who can't see any fault in the project no matter how horribly awry it goes. They always have the highest post-count.

I have to agree with VRAndy. Arguing over postcount really doesn't make sense. Second, I think Jaguar is entitled to his opinion and I have no problem with it :) Let's remove some heat from this thread and return back to normal :)

Thanks mali for your most recent comment. i dont know where this number of posts came from but dont care. I do appreciate your words.

MiniSinisterMinister said:
There are maybe let's say 200 people (including myself) who want their Pandora now and who do not mind small dents, discoloration or the lack of silkscreening. Why don't you just put together a small run comprising serveral hundred units using "test-cases" and ship them to the people who do not want to wait any longer.

Because mass production doesn't work that way. The minimum order at this plant is 10k pieces. To get the price they got, that means setting up the manufacturing line with the molds and doing one run of 10k. Stopping and starting to make changes mid-production is not an option. It takes too much time, wastes too much material, and costs too much money. The production samples we've seen so far were most likely made separately, by hand. The molds used are the same that will be used in mass production, but the injection machine is almost certainly not the high-volume machine that will be used for a full run. The cases have to be right, then all of them can be made in one go.

Hmm I've been waiting for a game "The Fool and his Money" for about.. 5 years, its due for release by may this year..

Its made by one guy but its VERY polished.

I think postcount does sometimes say something about the user,or maybe some users are like me and don't like to post unless he or she has something important to say,or thinks its something important that must be said.

Also this thread got incredibly annoying and I can't believe I read all 5 page.

Note to the whiners: Stop bitchin and get your money back if you don't like the situation,and grow up damnit!

@ OP: Please continue to take your time to have a decent product out, nobody wants to have waited 2 years for a flawed device.

ThaDSman said:
Note to the whiners: Stop bitchin and get your money back if you don't like the situation, grow up damnit!
You don't make this thread better with that, you know ;)

mr. ThaDSman, dont come here if you dont like complaining, and no cares about or is trying to win with a certain number of posts. things were going along just fine again, until you showed up just to feed your ego. if people want to complain,this forum is the place to do it. plus till you came along, now had been using any language like you are using, gezzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

mali said:
ThaDSman said:
Note to the whiners: Stop bitchin and get your money back if you don't like the situation, grow up damnit!
You don't make this thread better with that, you know ;)
Yes I realised that right before I hit "Add reply"

And Jaguar.....Shut yo ass up man!

Jaguar said:
thats all well and good, but is mali part of the team? I thought craig and ed,plus mweston were the team. I have them trying to say one thing, and then certain memebrs of the forums acting like they are part of the team.
No, Mali is not part of the team. He is only trying to keep things civil and pleasant. We all want the chinese company to finish things up and for the delays to end. I've been wanting a Pandora before it was announced and for preorder and i'll still wait as I trust Openpandora won't stop till it is done to how they envisioned. It is better to occupy your time with other things in your life for the time being.

mali said:
Troll much?
troll-300x282.jpg

mr. rmm. I think mali and I are cool, we are just voicing our opinions. so why cant you leave things alone, and say soemthing constructive. things keep dying down, but then soemone keeps bringing up stuff.

Jaguar, yep we are cool :) Let's just leave this thread and let it rest in peace ;) I have to go to bed now, anyway.

ThaDSman said:
And Jaguar.....Shut yo ass up man!
Constant complaints are annoying, but there's no call for that sort of response. Try to maintain at least a thin varnish of civility.

When you get down to it, all complaining is annoying.

This is very slowly turning into a nightmare for some people. I work in manufacturing, so I'm not ignorant to the realities of the industry. I understand that the team are probably very reluctant to let ANY information out for fear that it is ripped apart, over analyzed and dug up in frustration the second a deadline is missed.

However..

This product is now SIXTEEN months past due. That's not a small thing, it's not even a funny thing. It's a harsh reality. At this point, we've had £200+ invested in something that we're still waiting for, have long lost patience, and are quite frankly entitled to as much information as possible.

If there's a step that needs to be taken we should know, if it's missed we should be told why (and given a damned good reason), and we should always be aware of what a REALISTIC lead time is. As paying customers we should expect no less.

I respect the developers, and fully respect the loyal users desire to defend them, but I must make one thing clear.

Comments like "this should be okay" and "this shouldn't be a problem" must stop, and some realism must be introduced. I can already see this silk screening problem becoming an ugly monster, and chances are there will be something else after that raising it's ugly head.

To be honest I absolutely CANNOT believe that we are bottle necked due to a plastic case. Knowing the hardware is fine, and the only thing getting in the way is a piece of plastic is so disappointing.

Might I suggest this issue of communication be talked now please, because this is only going to get more frustrating if we go through 4 to 5 more minor case revisions and every user reading is checking daily hoping to see the green light for mass-prodution, then even worse if something else goes wrong.

Would it not be possible to resolve the silk screening alignment issue by seeing PHOTO's of the units in china, rather than having to send actual units out? That would surely save time as this is purely a visual thing, and does not affect operation in the slightest.

Lastly, I do want to acknowledge the hard work of the developers, but at the same time, I want to express that they chose to take this project on board, made it their passion, and in turn sold it to a group of people who are VERY passionate about what they want. You chose to bare this burden when you went into this endeavor.

We might be nagging, and annoying, but at the same time without us, this project would not be possible.

I would appreciate it if people could respect that too.

Back