3Ds "slide Pad"

God Ginrai said:
The screen resolution is not the same.

800x480 is what I read. It interlaces or something to get two images out.

Are you suggesting the 3DS is shit?

No. It looks awesome! It's just not that inventive compared to the Wii and DS. It's a DS + cool stuff.

The N64 was by no means a mistake. You're thinking of the Gamecube.

Exactly. The N64 was one of my favourite consoles. With this machine, it's like Nintendo are pretending the Gamecube never happened, and giving it another go in handheld form.

In another interview, Hideki Konno is claiming that gryoscopic gaming on a handheld is something new, even demonstrating how you would tilt the machine to steer a car in a racing game. Sorry, but that's just stupid. The whole planet knows the Iphone already does this - the freaking adverts even demonstrate the car example!

Last edited by a moderator:
God Ginrai said:
I was speaking of how much they sold, in comparison to the others. It applies to both. (Don't get me wrong, please - I owned both, and bought both at launch.)

Prometheus said:
God Ginrai said:
I was speaking of how much they sold, in comparison to the others. It applies to both. (Don't get me wrong, please - I owned both, and bought both at launch.)

But the N64 was what Nintendo wanted to make. So was the Gamecube.

SomeGuy99 said:
God Ginrai said:

It's 800x240.

Anyways, as for Nintendo being inventive or not, I would have to say that I see the 3DS being Nintendo's apology to the gamers left behind in the move to the Wii. (You know, the ones who wanted good games ;))

-God Ginrai

Esn said:
God Ginrai said:
SomeGuy99 said:
God Ginrai said:

It's 800x240.
It's actually 400x240; the horizontal resolution is split up between the two eyes.

That is the perceived resolution. The actual, physical resolution is 800x240.

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
SomeGuy99 said:
God Ginrai said:

It's 800x240.

Anyways, as for Nintendo being inventive or not, I would have to say that I see the 3DS being Nintendo's apology to the gamers left behind in the move to the Wii. (You know, the ones who wanted good games ;) )

-God Ginrai

It does look that way thankfully. It's like the last ten years of Nintendo never happened (you know, the shit years). Wooooo!

SomeGuy99 said:
It does look that way thankfully. It's like the last ten years of Nintendo never happened (you know, the shit years). Wooooo!
The shit years where they made money hand over fist? Well, here's hoping the Pandora experiences many similar shit years to come. :p

WizardStan said:
SomeGuy99 said:
The shit years where they made money hand over fist? Well, here's hoping the Pandora experiences many similar shit years to come. :p

I'm not saying they didn't make money. But aren't you supposed to be successful if you sell your soul to the devil? My point is that Nintendo forsook (? does that exist? You know what I mean <.<) the more serious gamers for a new crowd, so that they could make more money.

-God Ginrai

I'm not saying they didn't make money. But aren't you supposed to be successful if you sell your soul to the devil? My point is that Nintendo forsook (? does that exist? You know what I mean <.<) the more serious gamers for a new crowd, so that they could make more money.

So, Nintendo is a business. That's what businesses are there for - to make money. Admittedly as a loyal follower I have at times been disappointed by lack of mainstream core software, but they've made up for it with other, newer stuff too.

I've been an avid Nintendo follower for many years (have every system from SNES onwards - multiples of in fact) and I just love the people that say XX was a failure. NO Nintendo system, other than the Virtual Boy has been a failure financially. Every single machine and every piece of software has made money for Nintendo; they have never run at a loss, unlike SONY and M$. Even from day one, each Nintendo machine alone has made a profit for them. Sure, they may not have sold as many pieces of hardware as they thought with GameCube or N64, but they were far from failures and introduced so many classic games and innovative features that we all take for granted nowadays.

Who says a new machine has to be disruptive or innovative anyway? As far as I'm concerned only the games matter. And from what I've seen of the initial line-up, I'm going to be pre-ordering the 3DS the moment it's announced.

Remember when everyone laughed at the DS when it was first mooted? Remember when everyone laughed at the Wii? Nintendo are still laughing - all the way to the bank.

Don't quote me, but I was pretty sure that the Virtual Boy was also not a financial failure - it just didn't sell as well as their other machines (same as the N64 and GameCube).

The Virtual Boy never recouped it's RD costs. It sold for more than it cost to make each system, but it never gained a profit IIRC.

Prometheus said:
Don't quote me, but I was pretty sure that the Virtual Boy was also not a financial failure - it just didn't sell as well as their other machines (same as the N64 and GameCube).

Fun fact: The Virtual Boy is the only video game system to literally make me throw up.

iprice said:

So, Nintendo is a business. That's what businesses are there for - to make money. Admittedly as a loyal follower I have at times been disappointed by lack of mainstream core software, but they've made up for it with other, newer stuff too.

I don't believe that they have made up for the Wii. That's why I suggested that the 3DS could be their way of making up to us.

-God Ginrai

OMG, whats the mania with the left nub

i still believe it would be more ergonomic to leave it on the right side

i hope one day we will see dpad and nubs on the "right" side.

DroneB Dev said:
OMG, whats the mania with the left nub

i still believe it would be more ergonomic to leave it on the right side

i hope one day we will see dpad and nubs on the "right" side.

Because you're left-handed?

-God Ginrai

SONY said:
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (high quality graphic remake)

untitled-33.jpg
untitled-28.jpg
untitled-29.jpg
untitled-30.jpg
untitled-31.jpg
untitled-32.jpg

Is it only me or does Ocarina of Time look WAY too colorful...?
I always liked the darkish style of OoT, Majora and Twilight Princess... it created the right atmosphere combined with the story.
Now it looks like a childrens' game :eek:

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
Is it only me or does Ocarina of Time look WAY too colorful...?
I always liked the darkish style of OoT, Majora and Twilight Princess... it created the right atmosphere combined with the story.
Now it looks like a childrens' game :eek:

http://revistagames..../2009/12/56.jpg

I think it's just you.

Back