3Ds "slide Pad"

Exophase said:
EvilDragon said:
Is it only me or does Ocarina of Time look WAY too colorful...?
I always liked the darkish style of OoT, Majora and Twilight Princess... it created the right atmosphere combined with the story.
Now it looks like a childrens' game :eek:

http://revistagames..../2009/12/56.jpg

I think it's just you.

Naah... the grass looks WAY greener on the 3ds... and the sky WAY more blue.

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
Naah... the grass looks WAY greener on the 3ds... and the sky WAY more blue.

Greener grass maybe, I'm not seeing a bluer sky. The terrains in the shots are different so the ground shouldn't really be compared.

You might want to wait for shots on a 3DS itself, because Nintendo's handhelds are known for having weird gamma that makes things look brighter and more saturated when displayed off the handheld.

Last edited by a moderator:
All who hasn't played on a 3D screen: you don't know what it's like. You can go meh at the movies, but the games really shine in 3D. So if the 3DS works without glasses, it should introduce the whole thing to a whole population who dislike looking silly or can't afford to invest in a screen and glasses. Basically if you haven't tried it, don't knock it. Even older polygon counts look really really good when in 3D.

So yeah, even I am interested and I rarely if ever delve outside open source. BTW, if you can afford it, nvidia+monitor is relatively cheap and has a big library of games that work.

[quote name='EvilDragon' date='16 June 2010 - 04:53 PM' timestamp='1276703620' post='876145]
[/quote]
lmao hahahhhaaaahh hhaaahhahha........erm it is;)

I've always wondered why a great deal of people seem to dislike the cartoonish/cel-shaded look introduced in Zelda - the Wind Waker. I have played through seven different Zelda games, and I just loved the art style that the Wind Waker chapter in the Zelda-series introduced.

(I'm an aging gamer btw, 23 yrs old)

God Ginrai said:
DroneB Dev said:
OMG, whats the mania with the left nub

i still believe it would be more ergonomic to leave it on the right side

i hope one day we will see dpad and nubs on the "right" side.

Because you're left-handed?

-God Ginrai
no im not!

well maybe 50 50, but i still believe they should accomodate like the PC's with arrows and nub/cursor on the "right" side.

DroneB Dev said:
well maybe 50 50, but i still believe they should accomodate like the PC's with arrows and nub/cursor on the "right" side.

Break nearly 30 years of tradition of having the dpad on the left and the face buttons on the right to make it more like keyboards that were never designed for games in the first place..?

lorddust said:
the 3DS's slide pad looks a heck of a lot like the pandora's stick, Any thoughts?
http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/15/nintendo-3ds-set-to-expand-your-gaming-horizons/

First, D-Pad and action button s not on the same level. Well, oyu have to get used to that.

2nd, (the funny part) I wonder how often someone hits the "Power" button in the middle of an action scene in a game.

:)

Despellanion said:
I hope it doesn't flop as hard as the DS.

? The DS was no flop.

gagster said:
I've always wondered why a great deal of people seem to dislike the cartoonish/cel-shaded look introduced in Zelda - the Wind Waker. I have played through seven different Zelda games, and I just loved the art style that the Wind Waker chapter in the Zelda-series introduced.

Well, for me personally, it is not Cel-shading that I disliked. I thought the art style that they chose to cel-shade was horrendous. I thought Link looked ugly as sin, and the same with other items. When they used Cel-shading for the Twilight Realm in TP, I was much more receptive, because the art direction was much more appealing. For the Record, I love Cel-shaded games, and I hate that Wind Waker gave those games a bad name to the masses. (I can't describe a good cel-shaded game to someone without them dismissing it saying that they didn't like Zelda -_-)

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
iprice said:
I'm not saying they didn't make money. But aren't you supposed to be successful if you sell your soul to the devil? My point is that Nintendo forsook (? does that exist? You know what I mean <.<) the more serious gamers for a new crowd, so that they could make more money.

So, Nintendo is a business. That's what businesses are there for - to make money. Admittedly as a loyal follower I have at times been disappointed by lack of mainstream core software, but they've made up for it with other, newer stuff too.

I don't believe that they have made up for the Wii. That's why I suggested that the 3DS could be their way of making up to us.

-God Ginrai

So Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Super Mario Bros Wii, Super Smash Bros, Zelda Twilight Princess (admittedly a GC game tarted up for Wii-mote), Animal Crossing (again a pretty direct port of GC game whis is a port of an N64 game), Batallion Wars, Excite Trucks etc. don't count as mainstream/hardcore Nintendo Wii games then? What pipe are you smoking? Seriously. Each of those games has weeks or months of gameplay in them and all are replayable. Animal Crossing I've been playing for years (in various guises). And the Wii's not done with yet, what with Donkey Kong, another Zelda and Metroid game, more Mario games etc. They are definitely appealing to loyal supporters and new fans. It's only when you list the games do you realise how much they have actually done with the Wii. Then of course there's the Wii-Fit and hundreds of WiiWare games from a multitude of systems that no other console vendor legally offers.

Nintendo owe us nothing. But they still keep "giving". Thankfully :)

iprice said:
God Ginrai said:
iprice said:
I'm not saying they didn't make money. But aren't you supposed to be successful if you sell your soul to the devil? My point is that Nintendo forsook (? does that exist? You know what I mean <.<) the more serious gamers for a new crowd, so that they could make more money.

So, Nintendo is a business. That's what businesses are there for - to make money. Admittedly as a loyal follower I have at times been disappointed by lack of mainstream core software, but they've made up for it with other, newer stuff too.

I don't believe that they have made up for the Wii. That's why I suggested that the 3DS could be their way of making up to us.

-God Ginrai

So Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Super Mario Bros Wii, Super Smash Bros, Zelda Twilight Princess (admittedly a GC game tarted up for Wii-mote), Animal Crossing (again a pretty direct port of GC game whis is a port of an N64 game), Batallion Wars, Excite Trucks etc. don't count as mainstream/hardcore Nintendo Wii games then? What pipe are you smoking? Seriously. Each of those games has weeks or months of gameplay in them and all are replayable. Animal Crossing I've been playing for years (in various guises). And the Wii's not done with yet, what with Donkey Kong, another Zelda and Metroid game, more Mario games etc. They are definitely appealing to loyal supporters and new fans. It's only when you list the games do you realise how much they have actually done with the Wii. Then of course there's the Wii-Fit and hundreds of WiiWare games from a multitude of systems that no other console vendor legally offers.

Nintendo owe us nothing. But they still keep "giving". Thankfully :)

I never said that Nintendo wasn't making good games anymore. But they aren't encouraging good games from Third party developers. First party games are what bring people to a system normally, but the third party games are what make the experience enjoyable or not. And there are very few good third party games. This is because of the attitude that Nintendo is adopting allowing all of this crap to be made.

-God Ginrai

gagster said:

23 years? "Aging"? Ha! I'm 35, whippersnapper! I played an original Pong console!

EvilDragon said:
Is it only me or does Ocarina of Time look WAY too colorful...?
I always liked the darkish style of OoT, Majora and Twilight Princess... it created the right atmosphere combined with the story.

Is it only me or are you worried that people might cancel their orders now that a better version (presumably) of Ocarina of Time will be available on a handheld that's not the Pandora. :p

bananajamslam said:
Is it only me or are you worried that people might cancel their orders now that a better version (presumably) of Ocarina of Time will be available on a handheld that's not the Pandora. :p

Meh, that game sucks anyway...

Shall I provide the rope i'm about to be hanged with?

Mofokubik said:
bananajamslam said:

Nah, I got a nice shiny guillotine for you. May I do the honors?

-God Ginrai

Mofokubik said:
bananajamslam said:

Rope? We have different methods.
Please meet Mr. Sephiroth.

I'm currently split between buying a Wii or waiting for Kinect... I want Pikmin, but I'd like to know what titles Kinect will have... Tough choice. I'd love to have a sort of exercise oriented game that's more of a workout, really. That would be awesome, like an exercise video that warns you if you're bent wrong.

Back