8 Hours Of Battery Life - So Stop Complaining :p

I'd love some official numbers because people's perceptions can be way off.

For instance, I myself when I got mine was bragging about 5 hours usage because that's what it seemed like to me. After having it a bit longer and monitoring my usage a bit more, I'd say it's more closer to 2-3.

I felt the same way about bootup...they claimed 13 seconds or similar and I was saying "Mine's way faster than that...it boots up in like 5 seconds". Then one day I counted and realized their number was more accurate.

Damn... 2950 mAh is a lot. You'd think those batteries would like, explode or something.

I mean, Energizer/Duracell probably don't go above 2600 mAh for safety concerns, don't you think?

Vollgasasi posted on Jul 21 2006 at 08:19 AM said:
hey guys
i'm sorry to make another thread about battery life but i had to say this. i've got some nice new 2950 mah batteries and i get 7:54 hours of battery life out of them playing snes at 275mhz and watching movies at 200mhz (60% playing, 40% watching movies)

so battery life on this device is really good.

those batteries cost me 12 euros with a wall charger. so all those guys complaining - please stop it!

thanks! i love you all!

your not sorry about making this thread about showing off that your batteries last a long time, you just want to gloat at the majority of the gp2x user base.

why should people who get shitty life from thier batteries stop complaining because one person gets good life?

take your love and shove it up your ass.

i retract my comment about good for you, shit on you

and oh check my sig.

Last edited by a moderator:
shinneri posted on Jul 21 2006 at 02:14 PM said:
With 15 minute charging batteries, I don't really care too much how long the batteries last. But I do generally try not to overclock if it isn't necessary.

I agree.

moz posted on Jul 21 2006 at 03:54 PM said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bwahahahaaa!!!! Thank you THANK YOU!!! That was the funniest thing I've read all week .. I'm seriously crying here :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh, and 8 hours? I don't believe you ... give us proof ;)

Oh² .. yay post merging!

Amazing battery charge time. How long does it take them to charge, I wonder. I don't think it'd be 15 minutes, at that rate, I think the lights would dim when you charged them. *laugh* When I get my headphone fixed, I wanna see if I can get those portable speakers that are small and don't need batteries, but have a bit of volume to them. To me, the GP2X speakers sound a bit quiet and tinny, especially when compared to average background noise, like kids squealing, a blender going or the damn phone ringing.

I use 2600 mAh batteries and they tend to last like 2 to 3 hours between charges. My next purchase will be at least 2700 and a slightly better brand, but these batteries are still really good for most stuff. Has a car-charging attachment and a USB-charging attachment.

Ansmann (or someone similar) sent us some new 3000mah batteries as a sample, rather than improve the technology i noticed the batteries are just fatter than the 2800mah and only just fit into the gp2x.

Looks like they just pushed the size up by 1-2mm for that 3000mah magic number.

craigix posted on Jul 21 2006 at 05:34 PM said:
Ansmann (or someone similar) sent us some new 3000mah batteries as a sample, rather than improve the technology i noticed the batteries are just fatter than the 2800mah and only just fit into the gp2x.

Looks like they just pushed the size up by 1-2mm for that 3000mah magic number.

Care to share? I would take/buy them if you don't want it...

;)

...and here I am with 1800 mah batteries haha. Actually I get over 2 hours with them, and that's clocking at 280mhz playing GnGeo2X. They take a bit to charge though. They are unnamed batteries but they came with my sanyo digital camera. So, I'm assuming they are sanyo batteries. Anyways it would be nice to get my hands on some 2900 mah batteries. I'm still considering buying the 2500 mah energizer ones. I keep hearing good things about those. Also I don't think I really would need 8 hour battery life. I play my gp2x at home mostly so I use the AC adapter. When I'm on the shitter I use batteries. I don't want to get shocked haha, plus I don't think I wanna be on the toilet for 8 hours either. I wouldn't be able to walk for the rest of the day. :)

The Sanyo 2500/2700's are slightly thicker than other batteries also, but the funny thing is they're still well within the vague AA spec. Sometimes you have to turn them so the seams on the labels don't hit each other. As long as they fit, it's all good.

15 min. rechargeable radio shack batteries.....about 4 hours. But They charge in 1/4 of an hour. That's beastly.

Im happy with mine. Maybe I'll look into some better batteries eventually.

moz posted on Jul 21 2006 at 08:54 PM said:
hey guys
i'm sorry to make another thread about battery life but i had to say this. i've got some nice new 2950 mah batteries and i get 7:54 hours of battery life out of them playing snes at 275mhz and watching movies at 200mhz (60% playing, 40% watching movies)

those batteries cost me 12 euros with a wall charger. so all those guys complaining - please stop it!

thanks! i love you all!

your not sorry about making this thread about showing off that your batteries last a long time, you just want to gloat at the majority of the gp2x user base.

why should people who get shitty life from thier batteries stop complaining because one person gets good life?

and oh check my sig.
Grow up, he did nothing wrong. You were trolling him, the "good for you" was obviously sarcastic.
It's also really lame to advertise who you are blocking, especially when you are much more block worthy.

To make me more dummy... does the battery life of the rechargeables also be affected by the charger itself?

I have a pack of Sanyo 2700 too, but I could only get 45 min of xvid video@300bps, fw 2.0; and about 1 hr of hu6280 at 200MHz. But I'm charging with a GP charger found at home.

What kind of charger are you using with the Sanyo rechargeables? The charger from Sanyo too?

I use a crappy radio shack "overnight" charger that was probably designed for higher capacity NiMH in mind. Some older chargers have a timer cutoff around 1500-2000mAH, so you may need to charge batteries twice in those. The best kind of charger to get is one that charges the cells individually, and one with capacity testing is even better (helps you locate weak cells and better match capacities together).

The worst thing to do would be using an unmanaged NiCd charger (which doesn't shut off at completion), as overcharging NiMH can really wreck the batteries after a while.

Hanz™ posted on Jul 22 2006 at 11:10 AM said:
moz posted on Jul 21 2006 at 08:54 PM said:
hey guys

thanks! i love you all!

and oh check my sig.
Grow up, he did nothing wrong. You were trolling him, the "good for you" was obviously sarcastic.
It's also really lame to advertise who you are blocking, especially when you are much more block worthy.

thanks mate thats exactly what i thought :) thats why i said it was trolling.

but i really dont wanna have a dispute with anyone that owns a gp2x because something on this guy must be cool :p

on topic: z32fairlady: how long did you charge the batteries? normal chargers have a performance of around 125-250 mah. thats means assuming it has 250mah your sanyos take more than 10 hours to fully charge. 125mah will take more than 20 hours.... so leave them in the charger for a day and try again.

Back