A case of polls!

Wally

I am a banana!
I figured i'd make a news post as ED seems quite busy and there's some important happenings going on.

Most (If not all) of us lucky pre-orderers would have recieved an email (Which is used to login to your Dragonbox Shop account) from EvilDragon with a small poll to select Case Color (Dark Chrome or Black as shown below in the preview) and the option for a custom Pyra only E-Sata adapter that works with the USB port. If you have preordered and it appears you have not recieved the email, please check your Junk Mail as some people have reported that this email has gone there, alternatively check other email accounts.

EZNAib5X0AEyZ9I
EZNAPVDWAAEhIdP

Some other important things:
1100 Heat Spreaders have arrived which is the last part required for assembly which enables heat disperse from any critical parts to a heat sink on top of the USB Port.

EfORsizWkAAzoQT
EfOSmkIWsAQ7wXX

The heat spreaders will enable mass production of the units to begin and as far as I can tell EvilDragon is in talks with Global Components (Probably right now) to begin the production, if he has any further info I'm sure he'll add it to this thread as it comes :)

When i see this heat spreaders (when ED Postet it on Twitter, whe had about 36 C° at my Place, so a Cold Spreader where maybe a better idea), its seems like they stick quite tightly on the CPU Board, which means it may be a good idea to sell the CPU Upgrade Boards whit a new Heat Spreader ?

Thanks for posting a new threadth whit these, so they dont get lost on the Measuring Discussions ^^

Yea mail went to spam as there is a problem with the DKIM signature.

Authentication-Results: mx.google.com;
dkim=temperror (no key for signature) header.i=@openpandora.org header.s=2020 header.b=ofFTXMG+;
spf=neutral (google.com: 95.216.39.121 is neither permitted nor denied by best guess record for domain of evildragon@openpandora.org) smtp.mailfrom=EvilDragon@openpandora.org

Well good to see 767 people found their way to the survey so far.

Will that work differently then a regular USB-ESata adapter or is it like one of these adapters but with Pyra branding on it?
The SATA lines are directly connected to the 5 extra pins of the USB 3.0 jack. It's basically a passive mechanical adapter, as the originally planned USB 2.0 + SATA jacks went out of production. Therefore it only works on the Pyra.

I got two mails from ED to the spam directory.
An empty one and one with the poll.

the funny thing is, I got 767 survey's too.

I have a little question about the USB-Sata adapter.
Is there a break out or something to get the 5V from Pyra-USB or a Powerbank to be able to drive a SSD, 2.5" HDD,... without additional power supply?

Ahh yes my poll went to spam, but got it all filled out. I accidentally closed the window before being able to click on results. Anyone happen to see what they are so far? I voted for Chrome and USB SATA adapter. Not sure what I'll use it for yet, but you never know. .

I am glad that I disabled my spam filter. I got the e-mail in my inbox where it belongs!
Post automatically merged:

Ahh yes my poll went to spam, but got it all filled out. I accidentally closed the window before being able to click on results. Anyone happen to see what they are so far? I voted for Chrome and USB SATA adapter. Not sure what I'll use it for yet, but you never know. .
That's all we get as far as information about the results go AFAIK.

Reactions: rSl
I have a little question about the USB-Sata adapter.
Is there a break out or something to get the 5V from Pyra-USB or a Powerbank to be able to drive a SSD, 2.5" HDD,... without additional power supply?
It has a fully functional USB 2.0 jack right next to the SATA jack.

You may need to check more than your normal mail account if it's a while since you ordered anything from the dragonbox shop. My last order was evidently a little time ago (although I had ordered a couple of things since I made by Pyra preorder), and was originally tied to an old googlemail account that I'd lost access to. Luckily, changing my email address on the dragonbox shop didn't require me to validate my old address, as sometimes happens, and while I didn't get a confirmation email to my new address, the poll turned up just fine. I don't know why I decided to change my email address at the shop then, as I'd known the shop had an old address for some months, but just got the feeling that I might be notified that way, so bit the bullet and updated it.

Reactions: rSl
You may need to check more than your normal mail account if it's a while since you ordered anything from the dragonbox shop. My last order was evidently a little time ago (although I had ordered a couple of things since I made by Pyra preorder), and was originally tied to an old googlemail account that I'd lost access to. Luckily, changing my email address on the dragonbox shop didn't require me to validate my old address, as sometimes happens, and while I didn't get a confirmation email to my new address, the poll turned up just fine. I don't know why I decided to change my email address at the shop then, as I'd known the shop had an old address for some months, but just got the feeling that I might be notified that way, so bit the bullet and updated it.

Thank you. Without this comment I wouldn't have realized my e-mail address on dragonbox.de had been outdated for years.

No poll here :(

Checked my spam, confirmed dragonbox.de had my email. Still no. Is there somewhere I can get myself on the list? I dont want to miss out on my Pyra I've been waiting so long.

Last edited:
Just a quick information, as that probably got lost somewhere in the other thread:
DON'T PANIC :D

The reason the first batch of mail landed in spam (improper DMARC, DKIM, etc.) was that the survey program used normal phmail to send the mails... which doesn't have DKIM setup.
I've already fixed that and it will use my standard SMTP account for reminder emails. These are properly setup, so they should no appear in the spam folder.

I'll post here once the reminders have been sent (probably in a few hours) and will let you know how to proceed if you didn't receive the survey link.

About people who ordered multiple Pyras with one order: Don't worry, it's not necessary to fill out two surveys. The survey result is just an estimation, we'll produce more of every case color as well as SATA-Adaptors anyways.
So filling out just one survey is just fine :)

Back