A case of polls!

But health requires eating 1-3 times a day everyday, hence money.

Love only requires Mr. Swordfish to expend a few bucks hiring developers to throttle the cpu as needed. Actually he might be willing to invest in our love and health by sorting that milestone :p

Ha I wish I had 100k to just spend on a gadget.

I ended up starting a very conservative investment for my daughter.

If it wasn't for the Premium thing, I would have never received my Pandora at the time, because a week or two later, people stopped to receive everything from the English shop... forever...

It sucked to pay more for something I was already waiting for years, from people I still were unsure if to trust, but right after jumping in Premium I received the device in less than a week !!

I was aware anyway that was the first time they were developing something, and lost a lot of money at the beginning to have kept pre-order prices too low... so I felt that the "Premium" price was somehow the "normal" price for the device.

Are you actually getting payed for your work?

No.

I mean is it worth your time?

Yes (I suppose).

I only got payed for half of the time or so I worked for Pandora/Pyra.
And that was way below what I should get if I worked elsewhere.
But this whole project comes alive because so many people help with coding for free.
So I helped with physical work.
Meanwhile I have a Bachelors degree in Computer Science and can help with coding as well.
But I'm the only person available with 5 years + Pandora experience and who has time right now to help producing Pyras.
If Global Components had done what I did during the last week it would have cost us a lot of money for nothing (Still not finished the 11 Pyras).

I promised EvilDragon I'll help him with Pyras if I have time to do so. As my Master Studies will start in November I am free to do what I want at the moment.
The Pyra is still a project that is very valuable to me, even if I quit my job at the DragonBox Shop.
And so I still help at Gamescoms and want to support the project now, as the Pyra finally comes to life.

Yeah, now I think back I originally had an order with Craig. It gradually became clear that even after Evildragon started reporting the news, I was never going to get anything off Craig. So I was pleased when Evildragon started manufacturing units and by paying a small upgrade to a 1GHz version I could get a better version out of him. I still don't have any idea if any of my original money actually made its way to Evildragon.

Yeah, now I think back I originally had an order with Craig. It gradually became clear that even after Evildragon started reporting the news, I was never going to get anything off Craig. So I was pleased when Evildragon started manufacturing units and by paying a small upgrade to a 1GHz version I could get a better version out of him. I still don't have any idea if any of my original money actually made its way to Evildragon.

I was a Craig customer. ED was absolutely amazing. I still can’t believe I ended up with a Pandora, and I imagine he absorbed a lot of cost in taking care of folks who didn’t even buy from his shop. It’s the reason I preordered the Pyra. Gratitude for ED, and also I realized I enjoyed the entertainment of the wait and anticipation as much as the final device itself.

I was a GBAX customer who did get his device w/o having to pay a premium. I always felt that I got mine because I kept constant email communication to make sure that I wasn't getting lost in the shuffle.

-God Ginrai

I was a relatively late orderer through craigix's gbax site, so with people far ahead of me reporting no luck in receiving their units I was pretty sure I wasn't going to get mine in anything like short order. Plus I'd hope that even bothering him with mails over the intervening months and years wouldn't influence him when I'd already paid mutltiple hundreds of pounds for a unit. I've never had to bother ED with mails so he can remember me. He just sends stuff out when you order it and he has stock.

But the Pyra whit the Dark Chrome 4g Modem is still a bit more expensive than the Pandora whit Premium Upgrade,
I can remember that the Pandora was 350 € at the beginning, but the Pyra is now a bit more than 700 €, so twice the price ^^

I can remember that the Pandora was 350 € at the beginning

Then add like 120€ for the Premium.

I also found out that I bought the TV cable from Craig, but I never received it... because maybe they were never made from Craig :oops:

Last edited:
Shure there where made, i got one, but unfortunaly, Craig was allready out of business when they got made, so you never got one..

I also allready have a TV Cable for the Pyra, as its just a Mini HDMI Port where you only need an Adapter and a HDMI Cable..

Reactions: rSl
I'm assuming that production is still underway, and slowly building up momentum. Certainly it sounds like a quantity of lids have been constructed so far. Are there any production units almost ready for shipping yet?

Incidentally, I know he's very busy, but I hope ED is ok. Seems like he's not been on the forum for almost a week now , which in itself is probably a good thing, but on the other hand I feel that it's quite unusual.

Reactions: rSl
Then add like 120€ for the Premium.

I also found out that I bought the TV cable from Craig, but I never received it... because maybe they were never made :oops:

i got a tv out cable and i never used it. just in case you are still looking for one and they are out of stock:
i could send you mine...

i got a tv out cable and i never used it. just in case you are still looking for one and they are out of stock:
i could send you mine...

I was meaning that maybe Craig never did those, I know that at some point ED made them, but I never got "another" one just because I don't have the need for it, I don't have monitors with composite input and when I need a bigger screen for the Pandora I just connect to it from the PC in some way.

Back