A daily report from the Rebirth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the updates, really, really happy to hear things are going so smoothly. :)

Global Components was great yesterday.

I was so tired after all that work.

Good morning everyone and I hope today wll be an other great day at GC.

Sorry Linux-SWAT, eye candy will have to wait until the weekend when I can make some sense of all the video footage I got yesterday. I was going to try and not film so much today, but after looking at the pictures and quality from yesterdays tracks, its hard to say no to video. The Go Pro in an industrial setting has some really sweet shots. Charged & ready for the day, both me and the little video camera.

Hey Link, Don't forget to credit Dave C for his awesome D-pad design

I'm really proud of you guys.. The Pandora is upon us!

Last edited by a moderator:
DAVE C!

You rock! You've rocked my hands raw, but doing manual labor for the Pandora has made me respect it that much more! The D-Pad and gaming controls are superb. Not sure how you dreamed up the the case itself, but after learning the ins and outs of it, it's pretty amazing work. Sorry I forgot you. Also all of the developers really need a big pat on the back, from the kernel/OS, down to those just porting stuff over, you have truly made this hardware credible and worthwhile.

Got more video today, but I'm kinda worn out. So I can hopefully get something together shortly, but it may be later than sooner, unless you want me to stop assembling and testing units :)

The GoPro really takes some nice shots.

Today we had to face a verry huge problem: We had to navigate through a room full of boxes, packaging materials and Pandora parts.

Let's see what tomorrow brings.
Oh, SOKOBAN 3D? Guys you really enjoy assembling Pandas!

You were all day at GC ?

How does it smell near the machines ?

That makes noise ?

^

All day yesterday, til almost 7-8PM.

Tonight we got out of there between 6-7PM. Arrived at 10am both days.

The smell near the machines? It smells like magic is happening, nothing strong, sometimes there's a spray being used on the stencil to clean it? Just a slight industrial smell I would say.

The sound when everything is firing in full swing is just a lot of humming, and PNP machine drive, nothing that you need earplugs and nothing uncomfortable for my tinnitus/hearing loss. It sounds like magic. Some of this noise should come out on my video, but I'll probably make it instrumental with some background music, so not sure you'll hear much because I use the plastic shield on the GoPro as it has a tether and is easier to hold.

It's just magic :)

Global Components is where the magic happens.

They even gave me an assortment of German beer when leaving.

Amazing people! :D

Update for today:

Open Pandora ReBirth Video tomorrow

:p

Popcorn & Beer optional

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back