A few Questions For Ordering a 1Ghz Pandora

Drgnknghtmn

Still Fresh
Hi, ED I was wondering what is the lead time for preorders ? I would like a general estimate on how long it would take for the 1 ghz model to be sent out if I order it today. And I just want clarification on soemething, if I make an account on your shop I could have two different address one for billing and another for shipping, but can the package be for someone else? I mean the person paying for the open pandora buys it as a gift for someone else, and the package will be mailed to the gift recipient with their name on the package ? ( I hope what I wrote makes sense sorry if it needs clarification). Thank You

If you order from my shop, it should ship tomorrow or in two days.

I'm currently clearing the queue and just haven't updated the shop stock yet.

Gift shipping is possible, please mention that in the comments that I should NOT add an invoice into the box.

You can print out the invoice yourself then.

Seriously? That quick a turn around time on a brand new 1Ghz order?

I'm not trying to stir up any "trouble" or anything like that, but as someone who upgraded to a 1Ghz unit with Craig at the end of July and who hasn't got it yet I find this amazing. Based on what people have posted here with the queue numbers they were given and whether they got the unit or not, I'm not really expecting to get mine for another month or so either... Almost seems like I should cancel my order and re-order from your shop.

I guess more then anything it seems odd to me the different rates that yours and Craig's queues move at.

When ED gets new units, he first has to send them to craig, who sends them to his customers. So orderers from craig, if they are on preorder will always have to wait a little longer when new units arrive. Once the units are in stock, this might change though.

Seriously? That quick a turn around time on a brand new 1Ghz order?

I'm not trying to stir up any "trouble" or anything like that, but as someone who upgraded to a 1Ghz unit with Craig at the end of July and who hasn't got it yet I find this amazing. Based on what people have posted here with the queue numbers they were given and whether they got the unit or not, I'm not really expecting to get mine for another month or so either... Almost seems like I should cancel my order and re-order from your shop.

I guess more then anything it seems odd to me the different rates that yours and Craig's queues move at.

Same boat as you mate

Ed, could you confirm roughly how many units you'll be sending to Craig from this batch? (since craig hasn't responded to the "how many is he expecting" question). Honestly, if I know im a matter of days away I can live on merry, but to know I can order one from your shop today and potentially get it next week is not pleasant reading for those on the queue who have been waiting nearly 3mths now.

Not trying to rant, just really want it :(

It's over 3 months since I upgraded :angry: . How does it work that people who funded the 1GHz production run don't have theirs but, 1GHz ones are available to order off the shelf?

I understand how the original preorders ended up in that position (I was one of them) but this was sold as a short test run of ~180 from a reliable company (GC), each one of the first ~180 allocated to a specific buyer on a first-come-first-served basis. It cannot be right that the people who paid to make this production run actually possible have to watch as the units who's manufacture they funded, on the understanding they got the first ones, are sold to people who order now!!!

@Ed: I'm the same as Maquis196, Please can you confirm roughly how many units you'll be sending to Craig from this batch? If I know there are some and the queue is still moving then fine but if none of these are going to Craig and people are ordering them straight from your shop with immediate delivery then I feel that is really out of order...

I think you have to ask Craig these questions, of what his shop has ordered and what his shop is sending out and so forth.

jeff

When ED gets new units, he first has to send them to craig, who sends them to his customers. So orderers from craig, if they are on preorder will always have to wait a little longer when new units arrive. Once the units are in stock, this might change though.

I understand this of course. :) They're made by GC which is of course a lot closer to ED then Craig.

However, what I gather from ED's post is that his 1Ghz queue is finished and he has no more waiting pre-orders for those units, or at least won't have any more in the next couple days. I'm #154 in Craig's queue, upgraded on July 31st (I realize these are not exact numbers due to cancels etc) and I think I saw people posting with numbers around 50-60 in his queue saying they hadn't got their unit yet. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong there.

The only thing I can figure is that ED's amount of 1Ghz pre-orders was greater then Craigs and that they were dividing new units between them proportionally? Or maybe ED's queue was far smaller and they figured they'd clear his out faster and then work through Craig's?

Again, not trying to be one of those crying people demanding their unit. I've been waiting since mid-2010, I'm sure another month won't kill me. Just makes me scratch my head a bit trying to figure out what is really going on when I read posts like this, heh. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you have to ask Craig these questions, of what his shop has ordered and what his shop is sending out and so forth.

jeff

I know and I have but Craig hasn't responded, Ed would at least know if any have been requested and Ed's track record shows that he always gives the best information he can. Also, when ordering it was certainly implied that there were only 150 being made (this was extended to 180) and these would go to the folk who ordered them and then they would use the lessons learned to start production and normal sales would start then. It's a bit surprising to hear they are being sold to anyone before those first 180 get theirs...

jeff

I know and I have but Craig hasn't responded, Ed would at least know if any have been requested and Ed's track record shows that he always gives the best information he can. Also, when ordering it was certainly implied that there were only 150 being made (this was extended to 180) and these would go to the folk who ordered them and then they would use the lessons learned to start production and normal sales would start then. It's a bit surprising to hear they are being sold to anyone before those first 180 get theirs...

Simply this. I'm not going to jump to conclusions or start going off on one until I know more but there should be zero hold up on this project... money comes in, money for say 80 units, 80 units are ordered at cost, 80 units are delivered. That's what should happen for the 1ghz preorders.

Information is all we want, I hate guessing games, as do we all.

It's over [too long] since I upgraded . How does it work that people who funded the [whatever] production run don't have theirs but [those whatever] ones are available to order off the shelf?

Seriously, this comedy writes itself these days. Craig doesn't sell product, he sells queue positions.

I wonder if a "super premium upgrade queue" will be a stretch reward on his precious ICP2 Kickstarter campaign? He's gonna wanna hope he's exceptionally successful in attracting new customers because he's burning through the goodwill of the few he's got like oil-soaked tissue paper.

Unbelievable.

In other news, ED comes good yet again.

It's over [too long] since I upgraded . How does it work that people who funded the [whatever] production run don't have theirs but [those whatever] ones are available to order off the shelf?

Seriously, this comedy writes itself these days. Craig doesn't sell product, he sells queue positions.

I wonder if a "super premium upgrade queue" will be a stretch reward on his precious ICP2 Kickstarter campaign? He's gonna wanna hope he's exceptionally successful in attracting new customers because he's burning through the goodwill of the few he's got like oil-soaked tissue paper.

Unbelievable.

In other news, ED comes good yet again.

Ah come now, we know it's not that bad... people are getting pandoras from Craig, but the few of us 1ghz stragglers still waiting are just curious to know when.

If you order from my shop, it should ship tomorrow or in two days.

I'm currently clearing the queue and just haven't updated the shop stock yet.

Gift shipping is possible, please mention that in the comments that I should NOT add an invoice into the box.

You can print out the invoice yourself then.

Ok Thanks for the Quick Response :)

Ah come now, we know it's not that bad... people are getting pandoras from Craig, but the few of us 1ghz stragglers still waiting are just curious to know when.
I do appreciate your healthy outlook, I seriously do - I used to have such an outlook myself. I hope things turn out satisfactorily for you before you lose it.

But you paid lots of money for a premium product with a short wait. It's now been a long (compared to what was promised) wait, they're in stock and available to be bought by Johnny-come-lately off the street, you don't have yours yet and the guy you bought if from is making no attempts to let you or anyone else know when the one you're waiting for is coming because he's too busy putting together a campaign to get more people to give him money for another product that people have to wait to have manufactured before delivery.

Given the context, how is it 'not that bad'?

There is no division in queues nor does it matter which queues are bigger or not, nothing is shared here between me or Craig, this only happens with the classic preorders.

It's as simple as that: 1GHz units are being produced and Craig can get the for production costs from me.

As many as he wants and pays.

There will be 150 more in September and from October on we can produce up to 250 per week.

So ther is no real "how many of this batch" will go to Craig - there is no real batch.

A full batch is 1000 units, and I can get up to 250 of those per week when I tell GC I need them.

I haven't received any payment yet and I don't know when or how much I will get. A bank transfer needs several days from UK to Germany, usually.

As soon as I get the payment from Craig, I will send the amount of units corresponding the payment he send me to him.

I have enough units here, so there is no problem with that.

In other words, Craig has no excuse to keep 1Ghz orders waiting. Excellent news.

I am actually trying to work out why Craig hasn't paid already. It's not like it was a surprise that they were going to arrive.

As for the transfer delay surely Craig would give an remittance advice given the amount of money and given your history wouldn't that be enough?

Given the promises that were made by Craig in regards to when we would get our units it is fairly frustrating to know even with all the delays(Which are understandable) in regards to the 1Ghz units he decided it would be a good move to just let the 1Ghz Pandora's sit in ED's shop for awhile. The fact that anyone can purchase one from ED directly and jump ahead of the people who paid upfront and pre ordered the units is fairly frustrating. I have played this game before I didn't like it the first time but understood why it had to be like that.

This time around it just seems like Craig is being slack.

Seriously, I wonder why people do not order from ED directly - at least you get frequent status updates, and you are on the priority for delivery - maybe it's cheaper to get them through Craig (I don't know) but I would be willing to pay more to get it for sure and faster.

Maybe he paid already and bank is taking longer than usual. These things can happen.

Back