A Prototype Gp2x

We still have a sony 3MP that takes fabulous pictures. No need to upgrade.

... and silver sucks! (I wish my NDS was black)

i agree.a good lens-system is much more important than megapixels. i use a nikon coolpix 995 with 3 megapixels. with its big sensor, nikkor glas-lenses and 7-lenses-system, the nikon tops most high-pixels-cams. See this! you should get a used coolpix 995 for 200.- bucks on ebay.

i like the silver one.... i'd spray mine like that but id probably fuck it up and ruin my 2x and then the logo would be covered anyway

bacteria posted on Aug 1 2006 at 08:35 PM said:
TelcoLou posted on Aug 1 2006 at 10:36 PM said:
We still have a sony 3MP that takes fabulous pictures. No need to upgrade.

... and silver sucks! (I wish my NDS was black)
Agreed. Black is best.

I want the white DS lite, but I have no money... (YES I WANT WHITE!!!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Paradox posted on Aug 2 2006 at 09:23 PM said:
i like the silver one.... i'd spray mine like that but id probably fuck it up and ruin my 2x and then the logo would be covered anyway

Yeah GPH would be better off selling coloured replacement cases :p :D

Personally I'd love to have a matte white GP2X, just like the interior of the DS Lite... and while I'm dreaming, how 'bout a build in (replaceable) lithium ion polymer battery... and move the DC port to the top or bottom of the unit.

B)-->
Mr. B said:
Personally I'd love to have a matte white GP2X, just like the interior of the DS Lite... and while I'm dreaming, how 'bout a build in (replaceable) lithium ion polymer battery... and move the DC port to the top or bottom of the unit.

And who would manufacture this battery? We'd have to make sure it was someone who never, ever went out of business, or no luck. I think a rechargeable CRV-3 battery is the best option, as it is already an industry standard, and is the same size as two AAs. We could do that already.

EDIT: What the heck? Quote function's screwing up all over the place.

jmetal88 said:
B)--><div class='quotetop'>
Mr. B said:
</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

And who would manufacture this battery? We'd have to make sure it was someone who never, ever went out of business, or no luck. I think a rechargeable CRV-3 battery is the best option, as it is already an industry standard, and is the same size as two AAs. We could do that already.
I'm not sure if there are any standard sizes of lithium-ion polymer batteries, but if this one is it would be great.

linkage

The dimensions, 100mm x50 mm x5 mm, would be pretty ideal, and you could lose the battery compartment protrusion in the back. If I had the means to manufacture a new back plate I'd love to try this.

[edit]...or maybe two of these - http://www.duracell.com/oem/prismatics/techCP1.asp[/edit] ...nevermind, they're disposable

Personally, I never understood the move away from AAs. They're so much easier to get than Li-ion packs. Run out of bettery power on a trip, and no charger in your reach? Stop off at the next convenience store and buy a few more packs. With another hour of playtime per two alkalines, that's enough top keep you going 'till you reach an outlet. EDIT: With the GP2X I mean. Also, I hear the Mk. II can get two hours on alkalines, I'm speaking from personal experience with my First Edition.

B)-->
Mr. B said:
^^ I think purchasing a car charger would be alot more cost-effective than paying $2-4 /hour to play with disposable batteries.

What if you're on a tour coach with one outlet and the driver won't let you use it?

You're better off with a 24-pack of disposables then.

(BTW, the one hour of battery life I was talking about I got with $1 Shop batteries, which are $1 for a package of four.)

Blah posted on Aug 1 2006 at 12:13 PM said:
Its not a prototype. All the prototypes have GPX2 printed on them instead of GP2X.

Gamepark said they were exploring other color choices with the GP32, but nothing ever happend. I think their deal with Mitsui fell out.

Anyway, I don't really like the idea of color choices, it would be cooler if you could get skins/faceplates? instead.
Full-on bullshit, that picture has been around since last October, AKA it is a prototype.

Also look at the stick, that screams early MK1, even pre- first-edition.

Also there is a vinyl skins thread, it wouldn't be difficult to custom-cut your own with an Exacto blade once you had them printed.

The company may do a GP2X skin version, it seems hard to do because the GP2X doesn't really have "flat" surfaces much.

jmetal88 posted on Aug 7 2006 at 05:10 PM said:
What if you're on a tour coach with one outlet and the driver won't let you use it?

You're better off with a 24-pack of disposables then.

(BTW, the one hour of battery life I was talking about I got with $1 Shop batteries, which are $1 for a package of four.)
Interesting, how about individual (replaceable) Li-Ion battery cells, I have had a cell-phone like that.

The real trick would be the charge and drain circuits, also if people have this much trouble buying a $20 battery charger and 4-pack of AA NiMH from Target or Wal-Mart or Costco or Sam's Club, imagine the trouble buying a Li-Ion single cells would put them through.

nubie posted on Aug 7 2006 at 09:46 PM said:
Interesting, how about individual (replaceable) Li-Ion battery cells, I have had a cell-phone like that.

The real trick would be the charge and drain circuits, also if people have this much trouble buying a $20 battery charger and 4-pack of AA NiMH from Target or Wal-Mart or Costco or Sam's Club, imagine the trouble buying a Li-Ion single cells would put them through.

I really need to try a rechargeable CR-V3 sometime. Same size as 2AAs, so it may just need some case filing and contact bending, and you could still use regular AAs with it.

I can guarantee that's a pre-release prototype GP2X. Heck, I remember putting it online before the launch. Besides, it says "personal multi-game player." Final GP2Xs have "Personal Entertainment Player" printed on them.

jmetal88 posted on Aug 7 2006 at 07:50 PM said:

I really need to try a rechargeable CR-V3 sometime. Same size as 2AAs, so it may just need some case filing and contact bending, and you could still use regular AAs with it.

Ya, maybe, but the CR-V3's are 3 volts per cell, and you need to connect them in parrallel or you will get 6 volts ;)

I was actually thinking of the Li-Ion cells the size of a AAA and much longer, and using 3 of them.

nubie posted on Aug 8 2006 at 12:54 AM said:
jmetal88 posted on Aug 7 2006 at 07:50 PM said:

Ya, maybe, but the CR-V3's are 3 volts per cell, and you need to connect them in parrallel or you will get 6 volts ;)

I was actually thinking of the Li-Ion cells the size of a AAA and much longer, and using 3 of them.

CR-V3's cells are already connected in parallel. That's why the battery has 3v stamped on the side, rather than 6v.

EDIT: Datasheet.

Back