A Simple Answer To A Simple Question Please

emil10001 said:
Well, he said that he hoped that they were all delivered prior to his birthday. Which implies that they would be going out in the Sept/Oct timeframe, if current estimates hold of course.

That's how I read it too.

If all you need is an internet device for the trip, maybe you can get one of those cheap refurbished netbooks. I see a few for around $180 on the net. That should hold you over until the Pandora comes out. By that time you will no longer have to rush and you can read all the reviews and decide again if this device is for you. That is what I would do if I was in a situation like your's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pleng said:
Clearly craig is bullcrapping insinuating that he believes that at least some Pandys will be delivered by September, otherwise question he asked would be pretty irrelevant.

No, that's your imagination.

Shaun. said:
I thought ED was just saying that its his birthday wish in October for the Pandoras to be delivered.

True.

emil10001 said:
Well, he said that he hoped that they were all delivered prior to his birthday.

True, until...

emil10001 said:
Which implies that they would be going out in the Sept/Oct timeframe, if current estimates hold of course.

No, that's your imagination.

See what the problem here is, folks? You're compensating for lack of solid facts and clear picture of the state of things by reading too much into things, over-interpreting irrelevant notions and deriving from that to make this crap up.

You're making it up.

Making it up.

Craig's post in this thread pretty clearly implied that *some* Pandoras were likely to go out before Mr Gibberish departs.

Craig seems to delight in strongly implying that Pandora's will go out on certain dates without actually saying it.

As if that will somehow make people less angry when the date comes and goes. (Hint:It won't.)

gibberish said:
christ, this thread started so well with craigs question.
shame its descended into yet another speculation fest...
if craigix could just answer now we can put this thread to sleep.

the only reason i started the thread, is because i need a small internet device to take with me. if i cant take pandora i need to start looking for something else and grab a 2nd or 3rd batch pandora when i get back.

If you wanted to know, specifically for you, why didn't you just email openpandora sales?

emil10001 said:
If you wanted to know, specifically for you, why didn't you just email openpandora sales?

ummm, because then id be speaking to the people who are processing the orders, not the person in charge of manufacture.

gibberish said:
ummm, because then id be speaking to the people who are processing the orders, not the person in charge of manufacture.

Don't feel too bad. I got a lot of huff from a lot of people when I dared to inquire if the release was still on track according to the release date that the devs announced... ...that was back in June of 2008...

-Suntan

Suntan said:
[...]I dared to inquire if the release was still on track according to the release date that the devs announced... ...that was back in June of 2008...
And? Was it?

If you got in that early then maybe. But we really need to see how these first 100 are, if they are all ok then they will be cased up and sent out, but that depends on the first cases being perfect too.

A simple answer is 'I don't know'. It all depends on factors out of our control for now. It's all moving forward though.

craigix said:
gibberish said:
as the title states, im going travelling for a long period of time in september.
never in my wildest nightmares did i envisage still not having my pandora by the time i left the country.

please, craigix, anyone who has a good idea - what is the likelihood of me having my pandora by september 7th?

When did you order?
I thought this was meant to be humorous and chuckled.

craigix said:
A simple answer is 'I don't know'. It all depends on factors out of our control for now. It's all moving forward though.

thats all it takes, a commonsense reply.

I've resigned to the fact that I'm probably not going to see mine before christmas.

craigix said:
If you got in that early then maybe. But we really need to see how these first 100 are, if they are all ok then they will be cased up and sent out, but that depends on the first cases being perfect too.

I do hate reality. It is always so restrictive. I wish we could just ship the pandoras now and take care of all the remaining problems (like getting all the parts, putting them together, do testing etc.) later...

Tardis Express. When it must be there before you send it...

Holger

tramp said:
craigix said:

I do hate reality. It is always so restrictive. I wish we could just ship the pandoras now and take care of all the remaining problems (like getting all the parts, putting them together, do testing etc.) later...

Tardis Express. When it must be there before you send it...

Holger

Confirmed: Pandora will ship about two months ago.

i was able to postpone my trip until the end of january, at a cost.

now it looks like i wont have it by then either, lol.

kaprikawn said:
Thanks for keeping us updated. I was wondering what had happened with your trip.
When I saw this thread resurface, I thought at first, that it is fresh, and that is about september 2010.

cosurgi said:
kaprikawn said:
Thanks for keeping us updated. I was wondering what had happened with your trip.
When I saw this thread resurface, I thought at first, that it is fresh, and that is about september 2010.

Nobody, NOBODY even JOKE about him getting one before September 2010 or we're all jinxed.

Back