Absurdism corner

Why?

• Total voters

This brilliant game should be a Pyra release title saying loud and clear "Screw the rules, everything's possible!"

Right alongside Hoverboard.

Last edited by a moderator:
The german army "Bundeswehr" have some issues whit it new Boxer Panzer Tranzport Vehicles (a tank whit wheels)

Because it have too many "Death Corners" so the driver cant see enought to the side..

So these Tanks have only limited permissions to drive on streets..

It could cost some millions to solfe this issue..

This is quite absurd, because if you drive a Panzer /Tank, death corners arend your problem (only for others)..

And at war, there arend many street driving laws anymore..

Wonder how many death corner our tanks in ww2 had: königstiger, brummbär..

death corner

It's called "blind spot", "blind angle", "blind area" or "dead corner".

The literal translation of "toter Winkel" would be "dead corner" or "dead angle", but your "death corner" or even "angle of death" sound more awesome. :D

Lots of tanks are using a periscop or mirror so the driver can see what is in front of the tank

And its common that the second man (the tank comandant) says the driver where to go..

But i dotnt have much experence whit tank driving ..

The biggest cars i drove where an truck and a bus on driving shool :)

And yes the other word works quite better..

I'm currently watching the complete Firefly on BluRay since it was dirt cheap and was recommended. I'm experiencing it as easily one of the best series' ever made and being mad about it being cancelled so early although the reception by critics and audience alike was good (especcially in relation to the time of day it was aired).

Maybe it was aborted in the first season due to an American TV conspiracy not allowing heroes to speak Chinese now and then, the captain sometimes simply doing what has to be done (the moment with the turbine made me laugh in a very special and surprised way) and especcially for having a high class prostitute as one of the most noble characters, who knows? It certainly breaks with a lot of norms in an excellent way.

It's all kinds of awesome rolled into one from complex characters to a great concept of storyline and development of said characters, nice effects, humour, non-stupid action, emotional content, great acting, etc...

Oh and this scene/line was one of the many that made me laugh hard:

malcolm-reynolds.jpg

I'd never seen FireFly, so I bought the boxset quite a few months ago, desperate to watch it, as well as the two movie spin-offs - Serenity (IIRC) and something else that I can't remember right now. Still haven't watched them. No time :(

I'd never seen FireFly, so I bought the boxset quite a few months ago, desperate to watch it, as well as the two movie spin-offs - Serenity (IIRC) and something else that I can't remember right now. Still haven't watched them. No time :(

The captain is like a wild mix of Picard and Han-Solo, a bit like how I imagine Picard to act if forced into the outlaw position for a very long time with a bit less pompous but still elaborate humour, yet not afraid to do what's neccessary if all other options are gone, even if it's not a pretty thing.

It's like the depth of Babylon 5 paired with the action and tension of a good classic western and it's actually full of western scenes with a unique approach.

I've just read this:

the series features a bunch of outlaws defying and outright fighting the government right after 9/11, and you're surprised it got canceled?

That settles that.

It was a great series...there are MANY of us that still feel it was killed for BS reasons.  I don't even think the episodes were aired in the correct order when first broadcast, before they pulled the plug.  It came down to them not wanting it for some reason, and seemingly doing everything they could to make it fail, yet it was still extremely popular and somewhat resurrected with the film.  It would have been better if they had more time to flesh out the 'verse, but what we saw was done well.

Regarding outlaws fighting the government, despite closer ties in the story to the US Civil War, it reminds me of the American Revolution.  I will just leave it at that.  Many things seem to resemble complaints that have been voiced in recent decades.

whoa... that is... ... I .. just will ignore that... it will end.

Back