Absurdism corner

Why?

• Total voters

levi

Still fresh, damnit!
Looks rather like Hangul to my untrained eye, yes. The funniest thing is that calculus is a valid translation for anything meaning tartar, but it's also a term in mathematics, and also can refer to bladder stones or kidney stones, not to mention a genus of spiders and land snails. If it disabled any of those it could be quite useful in specific situations ;)

ClockworkCoder

Chaotic Neutral
I expect, probably, the first thing he would do if he were to visit another planet, would indeed to punch first alien (lizardman) in the face, and inappropriately greet the green lady, before declaring the planet as belonging to federation space.

matzesu

Forum Addict!
Staff member
Cause Trumps Tweet, I got somehow interest in the whole Star Treck thing, but I don’t know where to start .. I know Captain Kirk and Mr. Spock where quite cool, but If I watch the whole Enterprise, I would need Years to get to Captain Pickard..

Whit best regards, Matthias

Reactions: rSl

levi

Still fresh, damnit!
It's not really necessary; each series is a new start unless you're a massive fanboy who needs to fit everything into a whole canon, you can enjoy them in isolation. Some understanding of the Kilngons and the pointy eared ones whose name I currently forget (I keep thinking Vogons, but then I remember they're a Douglas Adams species famous for their awful poetry) would help, but can be picked up quite easily. I'm currently watching the series with 'hello to Jason Isaacs' as the captain, and going back to the start I've probably seen a good half of TOS, about half of TNG, and most of the subsequent series I gave up on after a couple of episodes. Star Trek Picard is I think the series after the one with Jason Isaacs in, but it's showing locally at the moment. Actually it's probably because I'm recording it and watching it back later that I'm keeping up with this one, there have been one or two slow episodes which were ideal jumping off points already.

Last edited:

matzesu

Forum Addict!
Staff member
I start whit the old Enterprise, the first episode is a bit whyrd as there is no Kirk in and the Crew is also different, (expect Spock) , then I want to watch the first Kirk Episode, and then Enterprise and TGN Simultaneously.. like someone meantioned on the German Nintendo Boards..

Whit best regards, Matthias