Actiontec Router Problems

OK, under "IPv4 Settings" :

Method: Manual

IP address: whatever your IP pool network setup is currently, assign the Pandora an available IP address.

Netmask: The same from your ipconfig result

Gateway: The same from your ipconfig result. This is usually your Router`s IP address, or it may be your Modem`s IP address.In any event, put the same info from ipconfig.

DNS Servers: Either enter the same from ipconfig /all, or use a different public DNS like Google`s ( 8.8.8.8 and/or 8.8.4.4)

Make sure that "Connect Automatically" is ticked.

Then, you must click on the  APPLY button of that window. If you didn`t notice it before, minimize or hide the taskbar, then hold the Pandora`s Left (L) Trigger button, which doubles as a "Shift" key on the very top of the edit connection window and here it gets a bit tricky. You must "Shift" and move the Window upwards with the Mouse ( Left Nub = Movement, Right Nub left  push= Left click )on the screen until you can see the choices "Cancel" and "Apply."

You want to choose "Apply" to save the settings.

Once you have done all that, turn off Wifi from the taskbar menu, wait a few seconds, then turn it on again. Then test to see if your Wifi network is detected and your Pandora can now access it.

( hopefully your Wifi SSID is currently not "hidden" in your router`s settings, otherwise unhide it temporarily until you can sucessfully connect your Pandora. Then just re-hide it if you so choose.

Sorry for the slow response, I simultaneously was reviewing my Pandora`s configuration to make certain I listed the steps.

I hope you resolve this before you get to bed.

Keep us posted.

...Patnik.

OK, under "IPv4 Settings" :

Method: Manual

IP address: whatever your IP pool network setup is currently, assign the Pandora an available IP address.

Netmask: The same from your ipconfig result

Gateway: The same from your ipconfig result. This is usually your Router`s IP address, or it may be your Modem`s IP address.In any event, put the same info from ipconfig.

DNS Servers: Either enter the same from ipconfig /all, or use a different public DNS like Google`s ( 8.8.8.8 and/or 8.8.4.4)

Make sure that "Connect Automatically" is ticked.

Then, you must click on the  APPLY button of that window. If you didn`t notice it before, minimize or hide the taskbar, then hold the Pandora`s Left (L) Trigger button, which doubles as a "Shift" key on the very top of the edit connection window and here it gets a bit tricky. You must "Shift" and move the Window upwards with the Mouse ( Left Nub = Movement, Right Nub left  push= Left click )on the screen until you can see the choices "Cancel" and "Apply."

You want to choose "Apply" to save the settings.

Once you have done all that, turn off Wifi from the taskbar menu, wait a few seconds, then turn it on again. Then test to see if your Wifi network is detected and your Pandora can now access it.

( hopefully your Wifi SSID is currently not "hidden" in your router`s settings, otherwise unhide it temporarily until you can sucessfully connect your Pandora. Then just re-hide it if you so choose.

Sorry for the slow response, I simultaneously was reviewing my Pandora`s configuration to make certain I listed the steps.

I hope you resolve this before you get to bed.

Keep us posted.

...Patnik.
so the netmask is the subnet mask. is that right? AND I JUST GOT AN IDEA. if the nintendo ds has the same problem. maybe i can use those settings to connect!

unfortunately i cannot find any setup for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately for me. i tried everything. so tomorrow (which is today) saturday. i will go to best buy and get a dongle. WITH WIRELESS N

i do have the original zyxel wifi usb (unfortunately needs to be installed. got any linux links for that?) will that work?

it is a G-220 V3
No idea.  But the Netgear nano usb wireless adapter works right out of the box - no need to install anything.
whats the model your using. im getting totally different results.

Also what is the price. im trying not to spend a fortune.

OK then, but before you leave for the store though, try one last thing. Go into your Wifi router`s configuration menu. Under "Wireless Encryption" turn encryption completely OFF temporarily. So no WEP, no WPA, no WPA-TKIP/PSK,etc. Completely off. See if your OpenPandora can now connect. Also, make sure that Wireless Mode in the same router`s page is Multi/Mixed Mode, or as a test, Wifi B Only or Wifi G Only. Just some troubleshooting methods, of course.

If you do these and your Pandora connects, then the issue lies within your router`s security settings.

If you do these and your Pandora still won`t connect, then either there may be some setting like MAC filtering preventing your Pandora from establishing connection, your IP pool may have to be increased just slightly, the encryption setup is not Pandora compatible, or the router itself is not Pandora friendly ( I highly doubt this, but you never know...).

...Patnik.

I just got my open pandora rebirth edition a few days ago and it worked well with only a few wifi services. but when i was at home and wanted to connect to my wpa security actiontec router.

it kept asking for the password and would not connect.

i used the sudo command for the iwconfig and it did not work.

someone help me ASAP.

my router is on b/g/n compatability. and it should work,

I AM NOT INTERESTED IN BUYING ANY WIRELESS N DONGLES. DONT EVEN REFER TO THEM
What does the text say when it is asking for a password? Is it asking for one to unlock the keyring, or is it asking for the WPA key to your router? The gnome-keyring will be one that you set up (do you know it? did you buy your Pandora second-hand, maybe?).

I just got my open pandora rebirth edition a few days ago and it worked well with only a few wifi services. but when i was at home and wanted to connect to my wpa security actiontec router.

it kept asking for the password and would not connect.

i used the sudo command for the iwconfig and it did not work.

someone help me ASAP.

my router is on b/g/n compatability. and it should work,

I AM NOT INTERESTED IN BUYING ANY WIRELESS N DONGLES. DONT EVEN REFER TO THEM
What does the text say when it is asking for a password? Is it asking for one to unlock the keyring, or is it asking for the WPA key to your router? The gnome-keyring will be one that you set up (do you know it? did you buy your Pandora second-hand, maybe?).
it keeps asking for the wpa. i know the keyring pass.

OK then, but before you leave for the store though, try one last thing. Go into your Wifi router`s configuration menu. Under "Wireless Encryption" turn encryption completely OFF temporarily. So no WEP, no WPA, no WPA-TKIP/PSK,etc. Completely off. See if your OpenPandora can now connect. Also, make sure that Wireless Mode in the same router`s page is Multi/Mixed Mode, or as a test, Wifi B Only or Wifi G Only. Just some troubleshooting methods, of course.

If you do these and your Pandora connects, then the issue lies within your router`s security settings.

If you do these and your Pandora still won`t connect, then either there may be some setting like MAC filtering preventing your Pandora from establishing connection, your IP pool may have to be increased just slightly, the encryption setup is not Pandora compatible, or the router itself is not Pandora friendly ( I highly doubt this, but you never know...).

...Patnik.
will it be friendly with a dongle?

Hi Smdytb1, have you considered trying my suggestion of temporarily disabling the router`s WiFi encryption just to see if your Pandora can actually connect to it? Leave the WiFi radio signal activated, but turn encryption completely off, just as a troubleshooting test of sorts. You can always reactivate your router`s Wifi encryption once the troubleshooting is complete.

...Patnik.

Hi Smdytb1, have you considered trying my suggestion of temporarily disabling the router`s WiFi encryption just to see if your Pandora can actually connect to it? Leave the WiFi radio signal activated, but turn encryption completely off, just as a troubleshooting test of sorts. You can always reactivate your router`s Wifi encryption once the troubleshooting is complete.

...Patnik.
i did that. did not work.

will it work if i reflash my zaxxon?

bump

i might just scrap the whole pandora. nothing seems to work.

no one is quick enough to see the problem. THE PROBLEM IM HAVING IS IM CONNECTING THROUGH WEP AND THE PASSPHRASE IS THE SAME. IT KEEPS ASKING FOR THE DAMN PASSWORD(not the keyring password) IF IT CANT CONNECT.

all i want to do is to unleash the full capability of my pandora. i cannot do that if my pandora does not even connect to my home internet wifi. im not even sure a wifi wireless n dongle will work,

I don`t believe the problem is your OpenPandora. I strongly suspect that some setting inside your Wifi router`s configuration is preventing your Pandora from network access. You said your Pandora has worked on other Wifi networks, just not your own Verizon router. As you just mentioned, you still cannot connect even though you turned off your router`s encryption. Maybe MAC address Filtering in the router config has been set previously and is preventing your OpenPandora`s integrated WiFi adapter from completing the connection? is your router`s SSID broadcasting or hidden, and is it "unique" or just has a default SSID identifier? I am puzzled for sure.

http://www.verizon.com/cs/groups/public/documents/adacct/vzmi424wrusermanualv4.pdf

^ is this your router by chance?

Perhaps, go get a little sleep for the time being, clear your mind. Then come back to the issue when you are fully refreshed.

Reflashing may help, although IMHO for this scenario it shouldn`t be necessary. Unless there are additional network drivers in SuperZaxxon v1.55...

I`m still using SuperZaxxon v1.53 on a ReBirth model. I have little to no problems with my home network, using a Linksys wifi router.

Get some rest and then come back to this issue. I`ll check back in later in the day on my lunch break. You may have it resolved before then, so good luck.

...Patnik.

I don`t believe the problem is your OpenPandora. I strongly suspect that some setting inside your Wifi router`s configuration is preventing your Pandora from network access. You said your Pandora has worked on other Wifi networks, just not your own Verizon router. As you just mentioned, you still cannot connect even though you turned off your router`s encryption. Maybe MAC address Filtering in the router config has been set previously and is preventing your OpenPandora`s integrated WiFi adapter from completing the connection? is your router`s SSID broadcasting or hidden, and is it "unique" or just has a default SSID identifier? I am puzzled for sure.

http://www.verizon.com/cs/groups/public/documents/adacct/vzmi424wrusermanualv4.pdf

Perhaps, go get a little sleep for the time being, clear your mind. Then come back to the issue when you are fully refreshed.

Reflashing may help, although IMHO for this scenario it shouldn`t be necessary. Unless there are additional network drivers in SuperZaxxon v1.55...

I`m still using SuperZaxxon v1.53 on a ReBirth model. I have little to no problems with my home network, using a Linksys wifi router.

Get some rest and then come back to this issue. I`ll check back in later in the day on my lunch break. You may have it resolved before then, so good luck.

...Patnik.
wrong. i stated the model in the first page.

no it isnt. its this one,  actiontec MI424WR-GEN2 hardware F
as stated on the first page third post

So, it's working on different routers, just not yours at home, where you also had problems with your NDS, and then the Pandora is the faulty device here?

Pretty weird view... 

no one is quick enough to see the problem. THE PROBLEM IM HAVING IS IM CONNECTING THROUGH WEP AND THE PASSPHRASE IS THE SAME. IT KEEPS ASKING FOR THE DAMN PASSWORD(not the keyring password) IF IT CANT CONNECT.
You mentioned it doesn't connect as well if you disable encryption.

In that case, it shouldn't even ASK for the password.

If the Pandora still can't connect here, your Router is not allowing the Pandora to connect.

As mentioned above, this can be because of Mac address filtering, not allowing new devices in the router, etc.

As the Pandora works with other networks, the reason here is not the Pandora.

So, it's working on different routers, just not yours at home, where you also had problems with your NDS, and then the Pandora is the faulty device here?

Pretty weird view... 

You mentioned it doesn't connect as well if you disable encryption.

In that case, it shouldn't even ASK for the password.

If the Pandora still can't connect here, your Router is not allowing the Pandora to connect.

As mentioned above, this can be because of Mac address filtering, not allowing new devices in the router, etc.

As the Pandora works with other networks, the reason here is not the Pandora.
its a problem i dont know how to fix. as an verizon customer, actiontec is TERRIBLE and is UNRELIABLE. but is FAST and WORTHY of internet access

i suggest in the new pandora. the pandora 2. add a wireless n adapter built in.

my router is officially open range ip port. goes up to 245.

problem is. it has no DNS port. you can only find that with ipconfig. but it is not listed on the router. no dns. no internet.

also. THIS IS WHAT IM DEALING WITH

5dc446ca60efcc481f0128a869a5948e.png

IM LOST

da5fa31cc22f73d00759a5b70f84a100.png

i have been here before.

27eb457af21f6f167bf73ee99290fce3.png

increased it to ten

ports ports ports.

38f9e9720e83c3070165cddffbea7ee1.png

Back