Actiontec Router Problems

no one is quick enough to see the problem.

Please accept our humble apologies, what sort of speed should we be aiming for?

Hi Smdytb1, have you considered trying my suggestion of temporarily disabling the router`s WiFi encryption just to see if your Pandora can actually connect to it? Leave the WiFi radio signal activated, but turn encryption completely off, just as a troubleshooting test of sorts. You can always reactivate your router`s Wifi encryption once the troubleshooting is complete.

...Patnik.
i did that. did not work.
will it work if i reflash my zaxxon?
If you want help then try and give a detailed and clearly written response to relevant questions. How did it not work? What happened when you tried this? It should not have asked for a password if security was disabled.

As for reflashing, I doubt that would help as you stated in the OP that your Pandora worked fine with other routers.

Last edited by a moderator:
How many devices are currently connected?

I can see that the router setting is set to limit to 10 users.

It could also be they mean REGISTERED devices, in which case it would mean that non more than 10 known devices could connect.

As you got system logging enabled:

What does the router say in the logfile when you try to connect with your Pandora?

Im going to get some sleep. and im getting a dongle. if that does not work. please keep posting possible fixes.

this may be a problem with some or just my pandora

Aug 10 10:44:20 2013

System Log

CWMP

Periodic Inform 204 No Content

Aug 10 10:44:20 2013

System Log

CWMP

Periodic Inform challenge response with 200 OK from server

Aug 10 10:44:15 2013

System Log

CWMP

Periodic Inform initial 401 challenge

Those reports did not come from my pandora. my pandora is not creating logs.

nor is it leaving a trace that it had ever connected. is my pandora imaginary? does it not exist? is it a ghost? this is seriously something i cannot explain. im going to get really close to the router and connect that way. THEREFORE THERE SHOULD BE NO PROBLEM. 100% SIGNAL

even right next to it. no logs.

One thing you had not replied to yet:

Did it ask for a password when you disabled encryption in the router?

It should not... if it does, make sure you're connecting to the correct network...

Don't know if this helps but, here are my Actiontec Verizon FIOS router settings.  I have WPA2 on.

v07joF7.png

One thing you had not replied to yet:

Did it ask for a password when you disabled encryption in the router?

It should not... if it does, make sure you're connecting to the correct network...
it did not connect without security connections. just like econolodge where their internet is flawed

im not that smart with linux, obviously. i can connect my nds. but connecting a pandora to an actiontec is a mans worst nightmare

im still waiting for a fix..

just ordered the same model netgear of what shenmue uses. now you need to tell me how to use it XD. it will come in 3-4 buisiness days. or if im lucky. tomorrow...which is sunday.... which they dont deliver on....

anyways. im open to more fixes. but if this fix does not work. il have to send it back to ithic to get a certain area of the screen fixed. lower left area displaces 1cm to the right in a triangle formation.

not to mention the casing around the screen is bent outwards. (not the clips)

just ordered the same model netgear of what shenmue uses. now you need to tell me how to use it XD. it will come in 3-4 buisiness days. or if im lucky. tomorrow...which is sunday.... which they dont deliver on....

anyways. im open to more fixes. but if this fix does not work. il have to send it back to ithic to get a certain area of the screen fixed. lower left area displaces 1cm to the right in a triangle formation.

not to mention the casing around the screen is bent outwards. (not the clips)
Just stick into the usb slot in the back and enable usb host.  That's it.

this is the largest support forum i have watched over. New record for me. the only solution is to buy a wireless-n dongle. specifically shenmue's NetGear WNA1000M. which i got online for $28.14 (including shipping costs.)

the fix grade i would give would be a B.

The support i was given was Excellent. A+

Overall grade. A-

Is it possible to reset you router to factory default settings?

If so, after doing this check if there are any firmware updates available for the router.

Apply said updates, if there are any.

Turn off any security on the router.

Try and connect the Pandora.

Reconfigure your router for your requirements.

NB Only do this if you are confident that you can configure your router / do things like applying a firmware update.

Please don't be offended by this but it might help for any future support (which I strongly suspect will happen) if you let us know a bit about yourself, is English your first language? Are you an Adult? Do you have any mental health issues? Don't worry if the answers are NO, NO, YES we welcome all types here but you are in danger of 'cutting off your nose to spite your face' with your style of help request (any old timers remember HackmanPlayer?). Though I did love the way you graded the experience, it gave me a real smile, can you please do this for any future support requests. :)

I have the this exact router and with the settings I showed above, it works just fine with and without the Netgear dongle.  But of course much faster with the Netgear dongle.
the problem is. my router is retarded.

Try flashing your wireless router with openwrt http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/start#actiontec

What country are you from?
i am not going to reflash my router. no way in hell. it will break it because it belongs to Verizon.

im from the united states. dont move to united states.........

Do you have compatiblity mode set, or is it n-network only? The ds lite doesnt do n, not quite sure the pandora does either. G G G G baby baby
its compatible with everything except...the pandora. sometimes a g device does not connect.

Is it possible to reset you router to factory default settings?

If so, after doing this check if there are any firmware updates available for the router.

Apply said updates, if there are any.

Turn off any security on the router.

Try and connect the Pandora.

Reconfigure your router for your requirements.

NB Only do this if you are confident that you can configure your router / do things like applying a firmware update.

Please don't be offended by this but it might help for any future support (which I strongly suspect will happen) if you let us know a bit about yourself, is English your first language? Are you an Adult? Do you have any mental health issues? Don't worry if the answers are NO, NO, YES we welcome all types here but you are in danger of 'cutting off your nose to spite your face' with your style of help request (any old timers remember HackmanPlayer?). Though I did love the way you graded the experience, it gave me a real smile, can you please do this for any future support requests. :)
nopetacular. not going to mess with my routers settings. already reset it manually. more than 50 times in the past.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

yes, almost and no

i will give an introduction when i feel like im ready to spill my lifes story.

Back