Adobe Flash 10.2 For Cortex A8 Linux Download?

Oh ho. So why did the key combination start working after I got a desktop crash? Is XFCE eating it perhaps?

terminal# sudo chvt 1

:D that's great !! but when I tried "chvt 2" I was happy to see the things loaded but I was also unable to write anything, so isn't there a way to swich console without issuing a command ?

:D that's great !! but when I tried "chvt 2" I was happy to see the things loaded but I was also unable to write anything, so isn't there a way to swich console without issuing a command ?
1 is available, 2 is the login terminal (or whatever you want to call it, you can't use it because it is already in use), and 7 is the graphical desktop. You can use chvt to switch from 7 to either 1 or 2, but once you're in 1 or 2 you can simply use ctrl-alt-fn-1/2/7 to switch to the others.

There is a way to increase the number of terminals but I can't seem to recall what it is off the top of my head.

Better Flash on the Pandore would be great. Or maybe an alternative way to see Flash Videos. I've seen how fluid Youtube Videos can run on my buddys iPod Touch and since Apple left Flash behind I wonder how this is possible. The new iPod Touch may be a little bit more powerful than the pandora but not that much. I guess whatever they used to make these Videos run smooth, it uses heavy Hardware acceleration. I don't know how much HW acceleration the current Flash plugin on the pandora uses but it can't be much.

Maybe there is a way to take advantage of the "Apple trick" for Flash Videos. Maybe they also convert them (I know I can download flash videos and watch them outside of an browser, even on the Pandora) But native Flash Browser support on our Pandora would be mich better of course. :)

We already have the apple trick on Pandora. It's called minitube. It doesn't work that great because of the slow network and maybe a suboptimal buffering mechanism.

But it works like the ipod touch app:

It streams the video to a mediaplayer without the way through the plugin and the browser. All thats needed is the url, that can be found by quering the database directly without the main youtubewebsite.

This sounds easier as it is though.

minitube, like all stand alone players, needs to be updated every time Youtube updates their web site. It is infrequent, but things still break when it happens. Apple and Google have dedicated teams to keep their respective applications up to date whereas minitube is fan supported during downtime so often takes longer.

1 is available, 2 is the login terminal (or whatever you want to call it, you can't use it because it is already in use), and 7 is the graphical desktop. You can use chvt to switch from 7 to either 1 or 2, but once you're in 1 or 2 you can simply use ctrl-alt-fn-1/2/7 to switch to the others.

There is a way to increase the number of terminals but I can't seem to recall what it is off the top of my head.

From the terminal I can return to the 7 only with the command line, the key combination doesn't work...

As Slaeshjag suggestion I mapped the keys to my phone and paired via bluetooth, I can go to the terminal 1 from xfce, but once there CTRL+ALT+F7 does nothing even if called from the phone...

Can a moderator be so kind to aggregate this OT in a new thread please ? :rolleyes:

EDIT: is it normal that "fn+12345" in the terminal result as "ABCDE" ?

EDIT2: mmm the combination with the pandora keyboard seems to work, but only sometimes... maybe I have to do a lot of practice pressing all those keys

Last edited by a moderator:
It should be "[[A[[b[[C" etc... but yes. That's how it represents F1, F2, F3, etc...

Just like ctrl-C is displayed as ^C, and arrow keys each get their own text based representations as well.

As for why you can't get back to screen 7, are you sure you're pressing and hold the keys in the right sequence? It's a bit of finger distorter getting them all.

It should be "[[A[[b[[C" etc... but yes. That's how it represents F1, F2, F3, etc...

Just like ctrl-C is displayed as ^C, and arrow keys each get their own text based representations as well.

As for why you can't get back to screen 7, are you sure you're pressing and hold the keys in the right sequence? It's a bit of finger distorter getting them all.

I tried different sequeces and different hands disposition, tried using also the right shoulder button instead of "select", and sometimes the switch works if I keep pressed for 2 seconds and then leave the keys, but sometimes it's immediate even if I'm still pressing...

But why the combination issued from the phone doesn't work at all ? There isn't the problem to press multiple keys, it just send the whole combination... :huh:

When you are out of X you can try alt+left/right too.

^

This works like a charm !! You have made my day !! Thank you very much :D

THAT'S AWESOME !! This little device hide a lot of functionality that I was thinking were left out

Better Flash on the Pandore would be great. Or maybe an alternative way to see Flash Videos. I've seen how fluid Youtube Videos can run on my buddys iPod Touch and since Apple left Flash behind I wonder how this is possible. The new iPod Touch may be a little bit more powerful than the pandora but not that much. I guess whatever they used to make these Videos run smooth, it uses heavy Hardware acceleration. I don't know how much HW acceleration the current Flash plugin on the pandora uses but it can't be much.

Maybe there is a way to take advantage of the "Apple trick" for Flash Videos. Maybe they also convert them (I know I can download flash videos and watch them outside of an browser, even on the Pandora) But native Flash Browser support on our Pandora would be mich better of course. :)

Use dwb + youtube-dl + mplayer.

example

We already have the apple trick on Pandora. It's called minitube. It doesn't work that great because of the slow network and maybe a suboptimal buffering mechanism.

But it works like the ipod touch app:

It streams the video to a mediaplayer without the way through the plugin and the browser. All thats needed is the url, that can be found by quering the database directly without the main youtubewebsite.

This sounds easier as it is though.
I know, but minitube is just horrible!

You cant just play a Video, no, it ALWAYS makes an complete playlist that cannot be stopped, you can't even pick one Video out or prevent the others from running. Whoever did Minitube, never had a lesson in usability or handling. I'm actualy very disappointed by Minitube and yes, the flash buffering problems are also not solved with Minitube.

I even prefer the browserplugin over Minitube. At least it works quite well with small 240p Videos. I still have not found out how to make fullscreen mode work but I will one day for sure. :D

Use dwb + youtube-dl + mplayer.

example
Thanks, I will try this. However, I never get any streaming to work so far on my Pandora, not Audio and not Video. At least not with MPlayer or anything that uses mplayer, weird...

Interested to hear anyone's opinions on the performance of Flash 11 using Firefox on the Pandora. On the TI page there is a rather alarming disclaimer about Adobe discontinuing embedded development, and limiting access to these development previews.

The Firefox 18 pnd comes with Flash 10.2, where did that one come from? Will there be an update to flash 11.2? Because a lot of Flash games I play insist that I need to update. Some do work though.

The Firefox 18 pnd comes with Flash 10.2, where did that one come from? Will there be an update to flash 11.2? Because a lot of Flash games I play insist that I need to update. Some do work though.
Oh it is? I'm sure hdonk will remember to remove the not quite legally distributed Flash with the next release of his Firefox.pnd.

Also what slaeshjag said.

Back