After 1000 Have Been Shipped...

Sleep. ED is only with us in the UK for a week. Not sure how long MW was planning to stay. I think the idea is to perfect the process and then others can fill the gaps. No more soldering of resistors needed.

I think it was said that craig was looking for a UK company to assemble parts

But's all going to be down to the chinese fuctory making sure changes made to shoulder buttons, sticking labels on and any other mods

Don't hold yer breath - if you are like me in around 900-1000 on craigs list

2 months :blink:

After building the remaining Pandoras, I imagine a high five will be the next thing they do.

RajTakhar said:
18 months ago, I didn't rush to preorder because, as confident as I was in the project, I knew there was no way they'd sell out of the initial 3000 before I had a chance to settle in properly, and I was right. I figured, once they start shipping, what's a couple weeks difference?
18 months later, I'm imagining myself at position 1001 and getting jittery about it. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
WizardStan said:
18 months ago, I didn't rush to preorder because, as confident as I was in the project, I knew there was no way they'd sell out of the initial 3000 before I had a chance to settle in properly, and I was right. I figured, once they start shipping, what's a couple weeks difference?
18 months later, I'm imagining myself at position 1001 and getting jittery about it. :p
Yeah, my order is around 1000 or so also. And everyone is asking me for mupen64plus updates... :(

Ari64 said:
WizardStan said:
Yeah, my order is around 1000 or so also. And everyone is asking me for mupen64plus updates... :(
Does it use both nubs?

Ari64 said:

As much as I cannot wait for my Pandora, I will say that if I were one of those who would be getting one shortly (I'm around 1500 on Craig's queue), I would voluntarily ask OP to switch our positions Ari. Given the amount of work you have put in and the fact that the community as a whole will greatly benefit from it, I think you deserve one as fast as possible. Same goes for Exophase and all of the other "major player" devs in this community. I'm not trying to devalue any other devs around here just saying that the work these guys put in will only enhance my experience when I finally receive mine.

My thanks again to all devs, great and small. Those of us without the skills are thankful (and envious) of your skills and dedication to provide us with the best experience possible and usually for no compensation aside from random accolades you all deserve, which when compared to your time and efforts doesn't seem to be enough. This is truly what makes these devices so special. Something larger corporations will never understand. The people factor. Dedication. Love for gaming. Striving to do the best one can to fulfill the gaming joy of others.

Sorry, if that seemed stupid or anything. Just wanting to express some appreciation here. Never real good with the words :p

While I trust OpenPandora are being fair about the order numbers, I wonder if they might fiddle it a little if Ari64 is #1001? :p

Ari64 said:
WizardStan said:

When I get my Pandora, I'm willing to help test.

EDIT: Now that Skeezix has his Pandora, you might ask him if he's willing to float his prototype to you.

may88 said:
Ari64 said:
WizardStan said:
Does it use both nubs?

Depends how you set your mappings. Some people may be interested in using one stick for analog and one for C-buttons. (I will not be interested in that configuration)

-God Ginrai

WizardStan said:
RajTakhar said:

Ha! I'm around 400 - 500, and I'm getting jittery! I have been told that it will be here first half of next week, but I'm not holding out any hope for anywhere in the next month.

D.

Fishbong said:
Why? Even with 200 each going to ED and Fatih, you hould be in the first 1000.

Because I've been pessimistic about every single date that OPT have predicted beforehand, and I'm not about to stop until this thing is in my hands, that's why :p Hell, even if my mother-in-law rings to say it's arrived, I'll not believe her until I get home.

God, the wait is killing me, and there's loads to go out before mine that have yet to ship.

D.

Fishbong said:
Why? Even with 200 each going to ED and Fatih, you hould be in the first 1000.

Yeah - what could possibly {vanishes in a puff of smoke}

Back