Ahh!

V3X

Dance Pac-man. DANCE!!!!
Website
Visit site
help!!!
when i go in2 game it says "smc not inserted or no game exists press b to cancel."
i go in2 pc link mode and try 2 recover smc& it says "0 errors carrected smc recovery completed please reset again"
please help

when i in2 pc link host i click on gp32 it comes up with nithing

yepi allready had everything set up, on my smc i had freelauncher, pinball dreams, gpcinema, nes, sms, snes, gb, c64 emulators and heaps of freeware games then i went in2 id n password didnt type nething n pressed ok insted of cancel.

btw i bout my gp32 with gpcinema and pinball dreams installed off ebay

All I can suggest is to try a different SMC, if that works then you need to get a SMC reader/writer and a program that will let you do a lowlevel format on your SMC.

I think you have an encryption problem though, your ID probably got corrupted somehow.

Where/what did you type an ID&Pass in? If you got your GP32 used it should have already been pre encrypted so you shouldnt have had to do anything of the sort...that itself may have caused your problem...

i didnt type nething i accidentally pressed ok instead of cancel :unsure:

i would probably have 2 build up my smc and buy pinball dreams and gpcinema again right? :(
althuogh i may just wait untill the emd of april 4 gpcinima 2 become freeware

you should just flash your frimware. after thats over with, everythings a lot easyer to work with. i recomend multifrimware which you can get here and if you do, make sure you get a tutorial. you dont wanna break that sexy GP32 of yours ;)

V3X posted on Apr 16 2004 at 05:38 AM said:
iv just reformatted my smc it deleted all my stuff. i am rebuilding it roght now. im gonna buy tomak and pinball dreams and wait 4 gpcinima 2 become frewware
Ok, I had this problem yesterday. I could not find a way to recover the card.The way I got round it was to run GPdrive from a different card, swap to the 'broken' card (without resetting) and GPlink will let you copy the data to your PC (although a few files were corrupt-which probably caused the problem), then reformat the card and and restock it with the backed up data by putting GPlink on first and using that to copy the data across. It took about 10min, but I recovered almost all my files.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did that using my digital camera as a go-between for the dead card. Recovered my saves and everything. Just make sure you dont turn off your GP32 whilst the SMC is being written too!

If you have a card reader then this is a godsend in this type of situation :)

Back